What do you guys think of the new method for the livestream?

SoftwarePro

I don't like the new concept at all...I don't really see their personality anymore. I really liked the plainness of their old livestreams where they just sat in front of a camera, talked about the things they found interesting, having dinner since they didn't have time for it. Now it seems that we are just watching a television show with branding and commercials all over the place :( I'd rather whatch Linus sitting in his kitchen talking into a webcam than this. 

seemed much more personal and honest to me.

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

its impossible for them to be organised with this set up

its really bad

and the wan show sounds dumb :P

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

Ironically, their rebranding of it to the "WAN" show (the actual name of which I'll address in a sec), has absolutely nothing to do with their brand (Linus, LTT, LMG etc.)

The name "WAN" itself also sounds silly, but even worse it sounds like a TV show we have in the UK, called "The One Show", which is probably the most vapid, brainless piece of trash the BBC could ever get away with broadcasting.

I seem to remember them saying they "had a guy" doing all this rebranding stuff for them, but so far it's not going well, what with the new LTT logo completely lacking personality (which is kind of essential to the Linus brand) and disassociating this new "wan" show from the Linus brand entirely.

On a sidenote: We make fun of Hightail's new logo, but what's the relevance of the hexagons in the "WAN" (still sounds silly) logo?

Here's the thing...I understand the desire for a more professional image, but whatever you do, you absolutely, positively, must retain the accessible personality of "Linus". It's very easy for "professional" to turn into "cold" (as it did with the logo) and "cold" is the antithesis of why people like Linus, be it techtips or the livestream.

Yeah, the new logo is kind of irrelevant

3CHiN.jpg

SUPER HEXAGON NEWS

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

The lighting for the show is perfect Linus.  For the person who mentioned this they are way off base.  Just my 2 cents.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Yeah I also think they should use Comms only for call ins from other youtubers or people than can contribute to a topic. Having people call just for asking a question makes you loose a lot of time and you also need the callers to have good mics. Just for asking questions Twitter is still a better option.

Why did I only just think of this? Have TimmyTechTV on the stream?

I think he's working at the time of the livestream so I guess he won't be able to be a guest.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

Like the idea of viewers able to call in. But please during the stream, can someone check the twitch chat for any audio issue? Last WAN was pretty bad with the background static noise. Great idea for viewers being able to chat with Linus and Slick but would prefer if the caller is muted after their question. Also, please do not type on your mechanical keyboard when calling it. 

I really liked the plainness of their old livestreams where they just sat in front of a camera, talked about the things they found interesting, having dinner since they didn't have time for it.

Agreed, preferred that a lot more.

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

If they did a Fast as Possible on the Weekly Analysis and News would it be

WANFAP?

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

I don't like it. At all. So much so I'm considering not even tuning in any more, it has gone so far downhill imo. I'll elaborate:

The show had a nice groove and rhythm to it before and now it's completely disappeared, Linus and Slick are changing it weekly and it hasn't felt right in a few weeks now. These things could smooth out over time, but with the current direction it'll still end up in a place I personally don't like.

Too much stuff to handle while the show is live. Even though they get community help to bring in the live callers, most of the show is Slick tapping away on his laptop not even listening to Linus (or barely at all) and it makes the show sound really disjointed.

Live calls suck. Personal preference, but I don't like them one bit. I didn't care for the first iteration, and the second iteration is even worse. Honestly I don't care what the general public thinks of the topics that get brought up, I tune in to hear Linus/Slicks views on them. These calls have caused so much confusion in the show, the whole thing has to be based around the callers now, not the tech news. For all the attempts at making the show more professional, the live calling overall makes the show seem very amateur and cheap.

Edit: I realise how bad it sounds to say I don't care for the general publics opinion on the topics. I mean that as in I don't care as far as the live stream goes - I tune in for the hosts thoughts. Most of the topics are on the forums anyway so if I want to read more opinions, I come over here. They have no place on the live stream, IMO.

Just my 2c. It may or may not be popular, but if it continues the way it has been, I won't be tuning in any more, and that makes me sad ;[

When LTT made the new changes to the youtube channel i.e. the High quality camera, a second B roll camera, close ups, glamour shots, etc NO ONE LIKED IT. However as the months went by there is no way I would ask LTT to revert back to the way it was! This change whether you like it or not is irrelevant now. Give it a few more tries and then make your decision. To be honest, I like the new look, new style etc but the little things that I do not like, I am going to give LTT a few more chances before I strike the hammer!

The WAN Show name is not going away. Forget about it.

Everything else will be tweaked to make the show flow better and be as enjoyable as possible.. We are listening.

UPDATE: We are doing away with live callers during The WAN Show except for special celebrity guests. This segment will be moved to the afterparty. We are also evaluating what to do on the afterparty. Maybe retro gaming isn't our thing. Give us time to percolate on this one.

I liked the name WAN show, although thinking of it it would have been funny with LAN show (Linus Analysis and News) :p

If I might make a suggestion about the retro gaming, I enjoyed the SMBW and Jedi but not the others.  The only reason was when playing single player games, one of you was always free to focus on twitter and such.

Lighting...only issue was needing a darker box behind the WAN logo....either way going to watch the live stream every week

0b10111010 10101101 11110000 00001101

The lighting is nice, the background is nice, the structure is nice

The name is terrible, the live calling is terrible and the razer branding is absolutely horrible

I liked the live stream best when it was in Linus's garage

I understand that you want to move on but this is too corporate and organized for a Linus live stream to me

That said, I never watch live anyway because I'm fast asleep

The fact it has gotten a bit more proffessional is awesome and the callers, when refined, will be good. however i don't like the name "WAN show". it just doesn't flow like "the stream"

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

The WAN Show name is not going away. Forget about it.

Everything else will be tweaked to make the show flow better and be as enjoyable as possible.. We are listening.

UPDATE: We are doing away with live callers during The WAN Show except for special celebrity guests. This segment will be moved to the afterparty. We are also evaluating what to do on the afterparty. Maybe retro gaming isn't our thing. Give us time to percolate on this one.

Sounds good, as long as the content & delivery is great, you could call it the "We poop on your Face Show" for all i care ;)

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

To me, the changes they have made show that they are growing as a company.

If you look back through from the first video, they have made gradual changes as their company expands.

Changes such as cameras, quality, environment, people, hair-doos, and computer junk have all changed through out the years.

This is just another change that Linus has made to try to improve the quality of his video presentation, appearance, and overall feel to his viewers/ customers.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

LW (pronounce the letters, dont try to make it a word)

Linus Weekly, easy, simple and no asian jokes

LaSW if Slick wants in (Las Double U)

Plan the 'celebrity' call on a specified time

and try to keep conversations shorter to fit in more content

You could do the callers, but more organized. have windspeed talk to the people for a while before they come live, just to verify they have a working microphone

and that they really have something to add to the conversation (not just a random african-american ringtone)

Maybe replace the twitter blitz even, to keep it balanced

EDIT: Come to think, A Super Show  (Same level as WAN)

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

LinusTech, on 15 Jul 2013 - 08:12 AM, said:

Elbstrand, on 15 Jul 2013 - 2:04 PM, said:

Sounds good, as long as the content & delivery is great, you could call it the "We poop on your Face Show" for all i care ;)

^^^This...

Sgt, on 15 Jul 2013 - 3:03 PM, said:

Thanks a lot for this.

...aaand ^^^this. :D

I don't really care about the name, so the planned changes sound good to me. :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

hopefully they're gonna do what they mentioned during the last WAN.

that they'll have a different time slot for calls and 1 for plain topic discussions. 

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want" - Dan Stanford

Project Sandrock (Ended): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/75-project-sandrock/

Project Murasame Liger (WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/400-project-murasame-liger/

I think that the calling in should be restricted to just other YouTubers like Logan, Paul, etc. They actually bring something new to the table. Viewer questions is better through Twitter since Linus can answer more people's questions in a shorter period of time.

I'm still kind of indifferent about the name of the show. It'll probably grow on me after the next couple of weeks. It could have been better, but it doesn't really matter.

I liked the name WAN show, although thinking of it it would have been funny with LAN show (Linus Analysis and News) :P

Or Livestream Analysis and News. Either way, even LAN sounds better.

Edit: Thinking about it, the "WA" is the problem. You can follow it with any letter and it sounds pretty terrible, except for Y, which would be pretty zen...

I think it would be better if they separated the live callers from the WAN show and had a separate show for live calls.

Does not having a second parenthesis around something bother anyone else as much as it does me? (Like if this statement was missing a second side)