AMD Radeon 9970 specs!

M-ursu

question: how did you fix the title :o ??

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

I edited it?

Why?

i didnt know you could -_-

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

Yes, but i cant get that why it is only 5000MHZ.

and that really makes me think its wrong... they wouldnt do it right?

and that really makes me think its wrong... they wouldnt do it right?

Can you stop double posting please.  I've never heard of this website before so I'm going to wait until the 9970 is officially announced to know for sure what the specs are.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

I guess they won't have GHZ edition cards.

Quote me to get a reply!

Hmm.... somehow i am fealing the same thing.

The stock clock is already at a GHZ ...... Maybe the may got crazy and have a Ultra-Superclocker or Ultra-HD9970 which is at 1.5 GHZ  :wacko: All the binning!

Quote me to get a reply!

The stock clock is already at a GHZ ...... Maybe the may got crazy and have a Ultra-Superclocker or Ultra-HD9970 which is at 1.5 GHZ  :wacko: All the binning!

Think if there would be GHZ editon2 running at 2000mhz.

Think if there would be GHZ editon2 running at 2000mhz.

Where would you get the liquid nitrogen to cool that?  Or a 5 Slot cooler because if my logic works. (1 GHZ=65oC then 2 GHZ=130oC) So all the cooling! :blink:

Quote me to get a reply!

Where would you get the liquid nitrogen to cool that?  Or a 5 Slot cooler because if my logic works. (1 GHZ=65oC then 2 GHZ=130oC) So all the cooling! :blink:

Some waterblock would work just fine :)

Some waterblock would work just fine :)

What would they do? Would it be a new GPU chip or just a crazy overclock? (which I don't think is possible)

Quote me to get a reply!

512/8*5=/=144 therefore it's not correct. Bandwidth is 320gbps not 144.

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

512/8*5=/=144 therefore it's not correct. Bandwidth is 320gbps not 144.

i will try to find more specs somehow. :)

Hmm... 2-other sites are saying that it is 7Ghz and 512bit. (Well everything is just romours)

wow O_O (that thing... will be eat a TITAN like popcorn)

If all of these "romours" are true and AMD prices this card very competitively, AMD will be giving NVidia a run for their money. However, the 9970 won't have things like shadow play or GF Experience which is not much of an issue buy it does matter to some. Hail AMD if they release 9970 with free game

I'll wait and see until there's actual benchmarks.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I'll wait and see until there's actual benchmarks.

+1 It is a new architecture, nobody know how it will perform/core compare to GCN. Just like Fermi to Kepler.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Definitely buying this at the end of the year when I hope to build my pc !!

Bye 780!

Would the price be similar to the 780?

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

Sounds like AMD is gearing up for 4k gaming.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking