Acer Predator Z35: Curved 35" 21:9 (Probably 3440x1440) Monitor with G-Sync and a 144Hz VA Panel

BiG StroOnZ

Wow I'm looking at buying a new high end monitor but its getting hard to choose with all these new ones being released. I don't know if to wait for this one or just get the other predator.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

I'm afraid I must burst the hype bubble for quite a few of you.

Gibbo of OcUK reports this monitor being 2560x1080 only: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=27919452&postcount=143

There always seems to be that one point which spoils the rest of it.

1st Build: Intel Core i7 4790K, Cooler Master Nepton 280L, ASUS Z97 Pro Wi-Fi AC, Kingston HyperX Fury Black 2 x 8GB 1866MHz, Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, Crucial MX100 256GB, Seagate Desktop HDD 3TB, Seasonic SS760XP2, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro x64

Peripherals:  Audio Technica ATH-M50s + Antlion ModMic 4.0, Samsung S24D590L, Corsair M65 RGB

Other Devices: Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga, ASUS Vivotab Note 8.

I'm afraid I must burst the hype bubble for quite a few of you.

Gibbo of OcUK reports this monitor being 2560x1080 only: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=27919452&postcount=143

There always seems to be that one point which spoils the rest of it.

That dummy was wrong about the 75hz predator already once.

I rather wait when this one is released and see for myself....  will just have to deal with NOT KNOWING till then.

man if this is a 144hz 3440x1440 and comes in under 800... I would love it if they had a gsync free model just to hit that price point and I need more than 1 input. I'm sure gsync is nice and all but not worth the 200$ price premium it adds to monitors.

I know I'm dreaming but I can hold out longer since I already have a nice 27" 1440p monitor.

The Z35 should hit the market in September @ $1299

- i7 4770k. - Sapphire Vapor-X 290X 8GB. -  OEM MB. - Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz 8GB. - Corsair HX850 Modular 80Plus Gold Certified. - OEM WD 1TB. - OEM Case (Acer). - 3x Asus VS247H

Hmmm...a good replacement for my Swift(awesome moniter). If the predator has a panel that doesn't color shift(like the swift), has G-sync and 1440p I'm sold.

Hopefully my 780 classifieds will be able to drive the z35.

Intel I7 4770k 4.2ghz, Asus Maximus VI Hero,16 gb Corsair Ram(1600 mhz), GTX 780 Classified, 1000w EVGA Supernova Powersupply,Corsair h100i
250 GB Samsung 840 Evo Solid State Drive(OS Drive), 120 GB Corsair Solid State Drive, 1 Terabyte Western Digital Drive
(Blue)

Awesome specs, but the design looks like merchandise for a new Transformers movie. Hideous. But then again, Acer's design for monitors are always either run-of-the-mill or "WOOH! Predator! GAM0RZ!!!"

The Z35 should hit the market in September @ $1299

You have a source for that? ... or is it totally made up?

Hmmm...a good replacement for my Swift(awesome moniter). If the predator has a panel that doesn't color shift(like the swift), has G-sync and 1440p I'm sold.

Hopefully my 780 classifieds will be able to drive the z35.

Acer already has the Predator XB270HU 27" 2560x1440p 144hz IPS out. If you weren't totally sold on the 21:9 aspect of the z35, it is a amazing monitor, have one on my desk now. :D

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

the guy in this video says its "full HD"

You have a source for that? ... or is it totally made up?

Well you have to take it with a grain of salt, but that's what I've been hearing thrown @ Acer. I will get all the accurate specs and pricing of the new devices on wednesday, but I cannot disclose the information until closer to launch.

Though to be honest I am quite sure the price will be lower, but we'll see.

- i7 4770k. - Sapphire Vapor-X 290X 8GB. -  OEM MB. - Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz 8GB. - Corsair HX850 Modular 80Plus Gold Certified. - OEM WD 1TB. - OEM Case (Acer). - 3x Asus VS247H

1200$ for 1080p is just to much ! I hope it is a 3440x1440p for the love god let it be real !

Looks awful. I wouldn't want that sitting on my desk.

But that said the specs are something I want, being able to watch 3D movies without black lines!

Holy crap! I never thought about that before! 3D without letterbox would be amazing on simracing games... movies too. :)

Looks like shit though

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

That logo on the back looks like the knockoff car badging from gta

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

Looks can be better but those are some beast looking specs right now, hopefully they stay that way.

I hate monitors where the screen is deep inside the bezel, it just looks bad in my opinion. It looks so much more modern with the screen flat with the rest of the bezel, bonus points if the bezels are also thin.

do we have any statement as for when this will come to market? And will a gtx 980 be enough to drive AAA games 60+ fps? 

do we have any statement as for when this will come to market? And will a gtx 980 be enough to drive AAA games 60+ fps?

Not all at max settings, but should do all at most a bit reduced settings.

Grab a second one and you'll for sure be good for a while.

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

Not all at max settings, but should do all at most a bit reduced settings.

Grab a second one and you'll for sure be good for a while.

hmmm for how long ? and i'm guessing a premium one with better overclocking wont do much differnce for the extra price 

You'll likely hit a memory wall before you hit a gpu wall. You'll have to start lowering settings when your VRAM usage starts exceeding 4gb at that resolution.

It's impossible for me to predict how long that'll take.

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

You'll likely hit a memory wall before you hit a gpu wall. You'll have to start lowering settings when your VRAM usage starts exceeding 4gb at that resolution.

It's impossible for me to predict how long that'll take.

ok thanks a lot :D

Well you have to take it with a grain of salt, but that's what I've been hearing thrown @ Acer. I will get all the accurate specs and pricing of the new devices on wednesday, but I cannot disclose the information until closer to launch.

Though to be honest I am quite sure the price will be lower, but we'll see.

1200$ for those specs would make sense if it was OLED.

LG actually has that exact pixel density for its 55" OLED TVs

(i know its not oled) but if these retarded prices are here to stay for monitors that are not complete garbage,... then i might as well wait for actual OLED monitors and THEN pay the high price

...for the low low price of 2000$!

Jokes aside, I doubt this will be cheap. Even 60hz, non-freesync monitors simiar to this one are over 1000$ (for no particular reason since you can get a 4k ips panel for less than half as much). We'll have to see, but frankly I'm not sold.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The CNET video says that it is 3440x1440...

They also refer to it as a 34" monitor so take it with a grain of salt.

The CNET video says that it is 3440x1440...

They also refer to it as a 34" monitor so take it with a grain of salt.

That would be nice. But i think its bullshit. CNET usually doesnt care what they are talking about, they just want to spam a lot of news to pretend they are something.

Anyway, 2560x1080 isnt a problem really. As you can DSR it up to 5120x2160 and it will look like what native 1440p would look like - for games.

And a pixelated desktop is only easier to use.