SLI Qestion

blindsighted26

Hi I have a msi 660ti power edition ( PE ) and I want to SLI do I need another 660ti power edition ( PE )or can I use another 660ti of diffent brand or evem a diffent MSI 660ti card juts I want to watercool the new card and the 660ti PE

Thanks for any advice sorry for sounding like a noob

I watched the linus video where he use 2 diffent 660 ti card but said something about the GPU memory ( dose it have to be the same ) clock speed as well ?

CPU 5820K @ 4.5Ghz 1.295V,Motherboard Asus X99-S, RAM 16Gb TeamGroup Elite GPU Msi Gtx 780, Case Fractal Design Define R5 , Storage Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 , Samsung 840evo 250Gb, Wd Green 1TB, PSU EVGA 850w G2 ,Cooling Fully Custom Water Cooling Loop Sound Stealseries Wireless H

As long as they're the same card (660TI + 660TI) then it's fine :)

Just be very careful with non-reference designs and the waterblock compability!

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

As long as you are using 2 660ti you wont have any problems, but the waterblocks might be diffrent from card to card so i would be a little cautious when buying the waterblocks. As for the GPU memory the thing is that if you buy two 2gb 660ti you dont get 4gb you only get 2gb. That was what linus was trying to say. And no the GPU memory speed does not have to be the same

Also I believe that if you get a 2gb 660ti and a 4gb 660ti then you only have 2gb of memory still. You have the memory of the card that has less. I'm not 100% sure about this but I'm pretty sure. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong please hahaha.

Unless nvidias drivers have changed you can't SLI cards with different VRAM amounts, so a 2gb 660ti and a 3gb 660ti will not SLI.