1600p/1440p

Lays

when i want quality

i only go to dell for LCDs

currently own a 30 inch 1600p display from 2007

still working after heavy use from 2007

if u want cheap linus talked about cheapo korean ips panels

which i heard were great

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Yes sir..They raised the price on the catleaps as soon as they changed the PCB so the would not OC anymore..Check out that youtube video i posted on the QNIX..And there is alot of info on these new monitors here..

http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/official-the-korean-pls-monitor-club-qnix-x-star

I got mine end of april and i love it..For the $317 i paid i have zero dead pixels and very minimal BLB..And mine hits 120hz with no issues..One guy in that link i posted got up to 152hz lol...I tried 130hz but i get blue scan lines..

are these as good as the more expensive brands out there ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

As in the more expensive Korean brands?

You pay a low price for a 1440p IPS panel, but the tradeoff is you get practically nothing else besides the panel.  Simple non-adjustable stand, cheap casing, often glossy, very limited inputs, no color or contrast control, no OSD, no USB hubs, effectively no warranty (even if they have one, it costs a fortune to ship back to Korea... enough that it ends up costing the same or more as a much superior Dell or ASUS monitor).

You pay a low price for a 1440p IPS panel, but the tradeoff is you get practically nothing else besides the panel.  Simple non-adjustable stand, cheap casing, often glossy, very limited inputs, no color or contrast control, no OSD, no USB hubs, effectively no warranty (even if they have one, it costs a fortune to ship back to Korea... enough that it ends up costing the same or more as a much superior Dell or ASUS monitor).

The only thing I see though, is I don't use any of that stuff so I really don't need it, the adjustable stand is the only thing I'd actually use and I don't really see myself needing anything else. (I don't use any of the OSD things on my monitors, nor do I need 3-5 inputs, considering I'll only have 2 monitors when I buy them, instead of 3: where I actually need more inputs. I understand they're cheaply made, but I'm not going to spend 600$ on a monitor no matter what, I don't see the point..

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

The only thing I see though, is I don't use any of that stuff so I really don't need it, the adjustable stand is the only thing I'd actually use and I don't really see myself needing anything else. (I don't use any of the OSD things on my monitors, nor do I need 3-5 inputs, considering I'll only have 2 monitors when I buy them, instead of 3: where I actually need more inputs. I understand they're cheaply made, but I'm not going to spend 600$ on a monitor no matter what, I don't see the point..

And you can good a good vesa tilting portrait mode stand for $30..