Which GTX 760 to buy?

trunks044

Okay, so I finally decided to go with the GTX 760 for my new gaming build.  Howvever, with so many options in terms of branding, I am kind of lost in terms of which one is the right one to buy.  I have heard that Gigabyte and MSi have great cards, but what about Asus and EVGA?  Kinda lost, not sure where to go from here.

ASUS or MSI they also overclock pretty well Twin Frozr personally for me but DCU II is also good from ASUS also EVGA's new ACX is getting good reviews.

Just pick the one you like aesthetically, all of them is good except the reference's one in my opinion.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Just pick the one you like aesthetically, all of them is good except the reference's one in my opinion.

So they are essentially all the same then performance wise (or at least close enough I would never notice)?  Also, I heard that there is (or will be) a 4 GB version of the 760, worth getting that or no?

Hey guys I have the same question and I referred to Linus's GTX 760 round up on NCIX YouTube channel he judges them on clock speed and temperatures. Your not supposed to judge them on aesthetics....

So they are essentially all the same then performance wise (or at least close enough I would never notice)? Also, I heard that there is (or will be) a 4 GB version of the 760, worth getting that or no?

4 GB will be useful if you are running a multi monitor setup. If you are just running a single monitor, 3GB will be fine but theres no 4GB version so I would go with the 4gb 760. My 7950 uses 2gb of vram in Crysis 3.

EDIT: The brands that I recommend are EVGA for its ACX cooling Asus for DCU II and MSI for its Twin Frozr cooling. If you don't plan to overclock and don't mind the noise, a reference GTX 760 would be cheaper.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Hey guys I have the same question and I referred to Linus's GTX 760 round up on NCIX YouTube channel he judges them on clock speed and temperatures. Your not supposed to judge them on aesthetics....

Then Gigabyte Windforce is the winner since it have the highest clock speed and came 2nd in cooling performance behind Asus DCU.  :P

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

According to Linus he says the Gigabyte WIndforce is the best one because it's tied in clock speed with the Galaxy version but,The Galaxy version is less cool under load compared to the Gigabyte Windforce.And the MSI Version is the one with the lowest temps.

So they are essentially all the same then performance wise (or at least close enough I would never notice)? Also, I heard that there is (or will be) a 4 GB version of the 760, worth getting that or no?

I don't think getting the 4GB sku will be worth your time. The GTX 760 may be able to play about any game 1080p max but if you want to go multi monitor, you might want to consider a 780. Also I would go for the Asus one as the temps on it look really good and it has a lot of OCing headroom