Corsair K70 and K95 RGB Blue Switches are Back!

US only, well that fucks that up as an option for a new keyboard.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Does anyone know if it was proven that these only display 512 colors? I remember seeing that somewhere (a while ago) but didn't really look into it.

Does anyone know if it was proven that these only display 512 colors? I remember seeing that somewhere but didn't really look into it.

i think they fixed it with a software patch

Ummmm, why is there a limited supply of them... Cherry MX Blues are pretty damn popular, seems like a bad decision to not have them in the same amount as Reds or Browns. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Ummmm, why is there a limited supply of them... Cherry MX Blues are pretty damn popular, seems like a bad decision to not have them in the same amount as Reds or Browns. 

They were having issues producing the blue switches unlike the brown and red. It wasn't that they didn't want to sell blues its that cherry could not produce enough blues and at the right quality. Hopefully they have fixed the issue now and are seeing how interested people are in buying blues.

Hmm, I may have to pick up a K95 in blues.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

The cynical part of me was expecting for the RGB MX Blue's to come back, but at a higher price to make up for lower yields and to gouge people given the unsatisfied demand. Well, at least that didn't happen. Too bad that it's US-only, though.

Irrelevant for me though, I'm satisfied with my Razer BW Chroma. 

Does anyone know if it was proven that these only display 512 colors? I remember seeing that somewhere (a while ago) but didn't really look into it.

Who cares. All you want is red, yellow, blue, green, etc.

The tweet 404'd for me. I'm on mobile if that does anything.

But regardless, glad to hear they're back. I'm using Kailh blues on my Poseidon Z, would love to see flashlights with sounds to match. :D

[witty signature]

Last I heard they are still working on the fix. Most likely there's a pinned post on the Corsair forums about this.

Edit: Users/Owners still waiting for the fix: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=140135

Submitted a ticket asking If I can send in my MX Red keyboard for a blue replacement even offering to give up my extended warranty for it. I REALLLY want blue switches.

You might want to update the post title to include "RGB" as the K70 and K70 RGB are two different things, people have been confused by this before.

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

The cynical part of me was expecting for the RGB MX Blue's to come back, but at a higher price to make up for lower yields and to gouge people given the unsatisfied demand. Well, at least that didn't happen. Too bad that it's US-only, though.

Irrelevant for me though, I'm satisfied with my Razer BW Chroma. 

Thats my issue too. Unless I can bring one over for cheap..the Chroma is right there and its gotten great reviews too. I just like that the Corsair has better construction for the price, then again my plastic G15 has lasted ages (and still won't die) so its just an aesthetics thing if anything.

Is that not enough? Personally have no idea if that's the case but I think 99% of people are never going to use more then maybe 4-5 colours and next to no one will notice a difference between 512 and the 16.7million claimed.  I'll just stick with my red backlights as it not only matches my build but is the most practical. The red glow from my pc, mouse and keyboard doesn't affect my night vision nor is it hard to see in bright light anything else is just a pain in the well eye I guess. 

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

Well I got into a live chat with a representative and was informed that a replacement isn't possible as it is a limited item so I had to order one normally. Is anybody here in the market for a US Layout Cherry MX Red variant? I painted the aluminum plate underneath the keys white for extra brightness (see razer chroma for example) and I'd be willing to sell it for $150 + shipping.

Is that not enough? Personally have no idea if that's the case but I think 99% of people are never going to use more then maybe 4-5 colours and next to no one will notice a difference between 512 and the 16.7million claimed.  I'll just stick with my red backlights as it not only matches my build but is the most practical. The red glow from my pc, mouse and keyboard doesn't affect my night vision nor is it hard to see in bright light anything else is just a pain in the well eye I guess. 

Well I mean if I wanted to buy that keyboard for the rgb and their software I'd want smooth transitions between colors. The "stepping" between colors and lightness on the videos I saw was pretty evident and put me off from buying it.

I bet its a marketing strategy.  They made a "limit supply" of them and said "Oh they are only available until supplies last".  Once they "sell out" of them they will release a statement saying that they will be sold full time like the Reds or Browns.  This will allow them to sell a lot of Blues very quickly.

Setup

CPU: i7 10700K Cooled By Corsair iCUE H100i Elite Capellix White Edition | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 VISION OC | MOBO: MSI MPG Z490M |

MEMORY: 32 GBs of Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB White CASE: White Lian Li O11 Dynamic Mini PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 W SFX | 

STORAGE: 2 TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD & 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 MONITOR: ASUS TUF VG27WQ1B 

PERIPHERALS: Razer Blackwidow V3 W/ Yellow Switches and Logitech G604 | OTHER: 8x White Corsair iCue QL120 and White Cable Extensions 

Add me on Steam!

16.8 Million colors. don't worry.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

@Tonylu1595 lol you should have waited

@spartaman64 I've tested the blue switches on a CM keyboard, they seem too hard for me to press lightly. I was met with much resistance when trying to touch tap them. I thought that I would like them but now it seems like browns/reds are the best choice for me.

I'd much rather go for a das pro 4 or the WASD code to be honest.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB