Vortex Pok3r Giveaway sponsored by Massdrop

I prefer a 60% keyboard for gaming but a full size 104-key keyboard for work.

I prefer a full size kb mostly because i like to use the numpad :P

I used to be into 10-key less keyboards because they looked much sleeker but after getting the K70 as my first mechanical keyboard, I can't imagine a keyboard without a numpad.

I like full sized Key Boards. I love the fact that in games like Arma 3, Arma 2, DayZ, H1Z1 I can just press the enter key (I am used to it) to change my camera angle! 

I've grown accustomed to full sized keyboards, but  they're simply too big to carry around and take to school for example.

I do use all the features of a full sized keyboards, but enjoy the portability and size of 60%... I'm torn between sizes D:

I prefer TKL. Gives me the full key size, spacing and layout of a 104-key but allows me to keep my mouse closer to the keyboard. 

I don't like using anything smaller as my hands are fairly large and I feel cramped.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

I like the keyboard with the numpad on it because I found it very useful when I have to input a punch of numbers. I don't even look when input a series of numbers and it make everything so fast when inputting number. However I love mechanical keyboard, but couldn't afford to get one because all of them are like above $100, so for the love more than the like I think I will be just find without the numpad on it.

I really like full-sized keyboards with the number-pad (and possibly some macro keys ;))  I use the number-pad fairly frequently to type numbers or hit enter when my mouse is not needed.

cb_7664b9336b7d49e9920e1d105760bb57.png

As always I would like to start this thread off by saying THANK YOU to our friends over at Massdrop for providing us with the keyboard for this giveaway! They are an awesome bunch that provides great group buys so YOU save money on the things you want to buy.

We will be giving away one Vortex Pok3r keyboard! This is a global giveaway!

You can check out full info about the Vortex Pok3r at the drop page, http://bit.ly/1JlmT5S. Or you can head over to http://dro.ps/linustechtips and navigate to the page from there to let them know that we sent you.

Now, on to how you can win this fancy keyboard...

Post one (1) comment in this thread stating what your favorite keyboard size is and why! Do you love the 60% boards that stay out of your way when your not using them? Do you feel completely useless without a 104-key layout board? Let us know down below...

The winner will be selected by random draw on April 25.

One entry per user. This is a global giveaway.

Thanks to Massdrop for supporting the channel, and thanks to every one of you for watching!

I don't need the number pad...  ;D

Full keyboard, I prefer usability, not portability on a keyboard.

I love TKL and 60% keyboards, but I just can't find the money to purchase one, so I have to keep using my gargantuan Apex. It's still a nice keyboard though.

I need to stop lurking.

My favourite keyboard size is 60%. I love that it lets me move my mouse closer to my keyboard when gaming, and don't find that I miss the numberpad or navigation keys.

My daily driver keyboard is full sized, but I always carry a shorter keyboard in my backpack for onsite work.

Desktop: 12900k // 128GB DDR5 // 2x 3070

Laptop: Razer Blade 15 Advanced (2022) // i9 12-900H // 64GB DDR5 // 3080 Ti

I like a full keyboard, especially with dedicated media keys. I use the numpad a lot for blind entry of numers or maths. My laptop doesn't have a numpad and that really annoys me sometimes.

Thanks for a chance to win!

My favorite keyboard size at the moment is the normal 104 key layout...but I have been looking at 60 percents, I like the idea of saving more space.

Build Modulus

[x] Intel Core i7 3770 [x] PNY xlr8 16gb(2x8) 1600mhz [x] Asus Strix 970 [x] Corsair h90, 3x corsair sp140, 1x Corsair af120 [x] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [x] NZXT S340 [x] EVGA superNOVA NEX 650w [x] Asus xonar DG,Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro (80ohms), PreSonus M7, PreSonus AudioBox [x] WASD keyboard 104 key(Mx Brown) [x] Corsair M65 RGB [x] WD Blue 1TB 7200 HDD, WD passport 1tb [x] Asus VN247H-P, BenQ 2420Z [x]

Cycling Gear

[x] Giant Defy 5 [x] CamelBak Classic 2L [x] Nishiki Socorro [x] Giro Bravo Blue Jewel/Black [x] Midland Xtra-Talk w/ Headset (For Group Rides) [x] Casio G-Shock G100-1BV [x] Zefal Saddle Bag [x] Giant Control Mini MTB+ Frame Pump [x] Schwinn Expanding Cage [x] 2* Giant 700c*25c Tubes - Presta Valve [x] 2* Tire Levers [x] Stanley Allen Key Set [x] Mini-Lock For Saddle Bag [x]

I've been using a full key board my whole life just didn't put much thought into it but i would like a much smaller key board so that i can see what its like

My favourite is a TKL keyboard with a separate ten key pad. I like having a bit more of a central WASD + mouse area with the ten key off to the far right or above the mouse for those spreadsheet days ;) I also don't particularly like the TKLs with overlaid ten key with arrow keys as a substitute for a separate ten key pad because the main time I use my ten keys is when I'm using the arrows so an overlay is annoying :P

I am keen to try a lefty TKL and ten key pad combo though (60/70% ergonomics with full keyset), not sure if it'd be too weird feeling but if I can adjust to it I see that being my golden setup :)

I prefer the full-blown keyboard with dedicated multimedia keys. Macro Keys are added bonus. Even my laptop has the full layout. Never bought a TKL and been wondering how it would work for me.

I enjoy a good full-size keyboard because I've become very adept at using them. But 80% keyboards are great for when you need a comfortable keyboard yet it's still compact enough (slightly) to carry around and it has my special fn buttons (I use them a lot). And ten-key number pads aren't always needed but very useful when they are utilised.

Thanks to mass drop and linus media group for the giveaway.

I have personally never tried anything smaller than a full sized keyboard, at least not as a daily driver. I almost always use the number pad when I need to enter numbers though. Reaching out for top keys feels awkward to me.

Personally I have always used a 60% keyboard on a laptop. I definitely prefer it on a laptop form factor. But I'm looking to build a desktop system and will probably go with a full sized keyboard so I won't have to press 3 buttons to use the page up key in a game.

I have used membrain keyboards my whole life, I could not say what i like but i find on laptops i have around the house that dont have number pads i do just fine

I prefer TKL keyboards because I don't use the numpad and the extra space is nice to have. I'd like to try 60% one day to see if I'd like it. 

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558