Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anon5000

Who here is still actively folding and how often and with what specs?

Im sure the Titan x will get around max 450k points. Maybe 500k points... Never have i heard in folding that a single gpu had almost 900k points

Twin Titan X

So a single Titan X will indeed do 450k max. 

yo i got tri titan Z's, gettin me 160Mil PPD

wat u got nubz

"GTX 750" eh, you'll get the titans some day... :P

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

Im sure the Titan x will get around max 450k points. Maybe 500k points... Never have i heard in folding that a single gpu had almost 900k points

I meant 900k total... 450-500k each.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

i don't fold anymore , i keep having hardware issues that cause my work units to be late , no point in trying if its not helping right ? 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

i don't fold anymore , i keep having hardware issues that cause my work units to be late , no point in trying if its not helping right ? 

Huh. So I guess it's Boinc time for you?

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Huh. So I guess it's Boinc time for you?

bonic ? not sure i know what that one is 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

Imagine fodling, but with he ability to actually choose what research you do.

1. What to help medice?
  2. Prefer aiding mathematics?
  3. Maybe you are into researching meteorite's trajectories?
  4. Or even perhaps you are into looking for extra terrestrial life by analyzing radio waves?

To that, I can only say one thing: BOINC has it all, and MUCH more.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

BOINC is a project manager. It allows the volunteer to choose what project they wish to donate to - Einstein@home, SETI@home, POEM@home, etc. However, BOINC is harder to configure compared to Folding@home if you really want to fine tune it.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out." - Carl Sagan.

"If you place a piece of bread somewhere on Earth, and another one on that point's antipodes, well you made yourself an Earth-sandwich." - Michael from Vsauce.

Imagine fodling, but with he ability to actually choose what research you do.

1. What to help medice?
  2. Prefer aiding mathematics?
  3. Maybe you are into researching meteorite's trajectories?
  4. Or even perhaps you are into looking for extra terrestrial life by analyzing radio waves?

To that, I can only say one thing: BOINC has it all, and MUCH more.

BOINC is a project manager. It allows the volunteer to choose what project they wish to donate to - Einstein@home, SETI@home, POEM@home, etc. However, BOINC is harder to configure compared to Folding@home if you really want to fine tune it.

ohhhh ok , ill take a look into it then , thx guys :P

Spoiler
Spoiler

Typically in folding we definitely see a downturn as the summer months come into play here in North America. We do see some uptake from say our friends in Australia, but not usually enough to offset the loss. As well, I think their "winters" are still pretty mild compared to the winters some of has, which again, limits Folding output.

Summer time hits, it is an expected thing. Just as many online games and leagues see their active members drop as well. As fall and then winter kick in, we should see a lot of people picking it back up.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

BOINC is harder to configure compared to Folding@home if you really want to fine tune it.

And that's what makes it fun.....

"GTX 750" eh, you'll get the titans some day... :P

lol I've never actually folded. I'm not even quite sure what it is tbh xD

I am, my GTX 970 isn't being used for folding anymore because it screams (expensive card, shit quality components), but my i5 4440 is racking up the WU (16GB RAM BTW):
post-155575-0-66714600-1429591111_thumb.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

lol I've never actually folded. I'm not even quite sure what it is tbh xD

Folding@home is a project that was formed and is maintained by Stanford University. It attempts to simulate protein folding(self-assembling) to figure why certain diseases and cancers occur(including, but not limited to, Alzheimers) and then attempt to create a cure. Because protein folding occurs very quickly in the body, simulating the protein folding in computers takes a long time and thus requires a lot of processing power in order to get anything done....This is just a quick run-down of what it is and each task you are running will have its own project codename that you can click on to gain more information. In addition, you can choose if you want to help research a certain disease or if you're okay with donating to any disease research. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out." - Carl Sagan.

"If you place a piece of bread somewhere on Earth, and another one on that point's antipodes, well you made yourself an Earth-sandwich." - Michael from Vsauce.

I quit folding for now because at 300W it would add up to 60€/month in electricity... :(

Intel Core i7 4790K || G.Skill 16GB DDR3 || MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G || Fractal Design Define R5 || Asus Gryphon Z97 || EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2 || Crucial MX100 256GB || Noctua NH-D15

I quit folding for now because at 300W it would add up to 60€/month in electricity... :(

You could have just had your rig folding during off peak times, or during the day on solar (if you have it that is).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I fold during my power company's off-peak hours (9 p.m. to 6 a.m. and all day Sunday and holidays).

I use my two GTX 780s that can do 375k PPD(If I only get core 0x18) but I average about 115k PPD.

I just started folding a few days ago. I use my i7-3770S and my GTX 980 to fold 24/7 whenever I'm not gaming on it. When using core 0x17 I get ~310,000 PPD, on core 0x15 it's more around 60-80k PPD (I like core 0x17). My CPU gets about 8K a day.

What is folding and what would I get out of it if I started?

CPU: i7 5820K Motherboard: GIGABYTE G1 Gaming 5P RAM: 16Gb DDR4 - Corsair GPU(s): EVGA GTX 1080Ti Case: NZXT H440 - Doing Case Mods Soon Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

What is folding and what would I get out of it if I started?

You are basically helping scientists do science by running a program on your

pc that uses your hardware to compute stuff. What do you gain? knowing that 

you are contributing to a good cause and some arbitrary points for leaderboards. 

hit 4mil that other day with my gtx 980 it say im the 8th biggst prouducer a day that carnt be right can it? lots of people have 980s

hit 4mil that other day with my gtx 980 it say im the 8th biggst prouducer a day that carnt be right can it? lots of people have 980s

It can, not many people are folding, but there are a fair few 970's folding for LTT.