3 out of 4 PC Gamers own an Nvidia GPU

marvin968

Those 'ignorant' people buy what is best while fitting within their budget.

No. A lot of people buy hardware that doesn't make sense.

No. A lot of people buy hardware that doesn't make sense.

Because its within their budget.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Because its within their budget.

That doesn't mean it's the best buy. If you have $250, you're a lot better off with an R9 290 than a 4GB GTX 960. Or if you want a more obvious example, then the "gaming systems" with a Core i7 and low-end cards like a GT 720. It's totally great because it has a Core i7 and fits my budget!

That doesn't mean it's the best buy. If you have $250, you're a lot better off with an R9 290 than a 4GB GTX 960. Or if you want a more obvious example, then the "gaming systems" with a Core i7 and low-end cards like a GT 720. It's totally great because it has a Core i7 and fits my budget!

That's talking about pre-builts, I'm talking about components. Anyone with decent knowledge of computers knows that pre-builts are rip offs, and not the best they can buy for their set budget.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

That's talking about pre-builts, I'm talking about components. Anyone with decent knowledge of computers knows that pre-builts are rip offs, and not the best they can buy for their set budget.

An R9 290 is not a prebuilt. I just used the prebuilt as a more obvious example.

290x is priced around 600usd here..just like 980..

970 is about 490usd and BELOW  :(

I dont care about the cost. More power means more heat, more heat means less overclocking. But that's irrelevant, the reason that AMD products are inferior is because AMD cannot make drivers worth a shit. And while the current drivers may be fine, Dating from the time of the ATI Rage 128 to today, I've always had issues with AMD drivers. I mean when you're expected to use a driver removal tool just to install new drivers, there's a fucking problem. I've never used one of those with Nvidia and never had issues. but as soon as you dont with AMD drivers, you start getting issues. Now that's my personal opinion and it's based on my personal experience but there's no reason to buy a product if you cant use it to the fullest.

Any AMD card with a non reference cooler overclocks fine. Proof? My 290 with +75mv. The temps don't go above 75 on most games. And bad drivers? My AMD drivers never give me issues, but I always use DDU. And Also, myself and many friends have had issues with Nvidia driver updates when not using DDU, so it's not just an AMD thing. IMO, saving $75 is worth a 1 minute to boot into safe mode and running a program...

Edit: I have no idea about not using DDU with current AMD drivers. I just always use it. I don't know about recent Nvidia Desktop drivers either, but Optimus drivers do give me issues almost every time I install them without DDU. In fact, even using DDU, two recent Nvidia drivers gave me memory leaks. I've had a driver or two do this to me when I had a Desktop Nvidia GPU (550ti) too. Neither company is perfect.

Core i5 4670k @4.0Ghz stock voltage w/ Corsair H100i | MSI GD65 Gaming Board | GIGABYTE R9 290 | 16GB G.Skill Memory @2133mhz | 256GB Crucial MX100 SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD

3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD | 20GB FUJITSU 5400rpm Xbox 360 HDD | EVGA 750W Power Supply | Lian Li Alpha 330

I dont care about the cost. More power means more heat, more heat means less overclocking. But that's irrelevant, the reason that AMD products are inferior is because AMD cannot make drivers worth a shit. And while the current drivers may be fine, Dating from the time of the ATI Rage 128 to today, I've always had issues with AMD drivers. I mean when you're expected to use a driver removal tool just to install new drivers, there's a fucking problem. I've never used one of those with Nvidia and never had issues. but as soon as you dont with AMD drivers, you start getting issues. Now that's my personal opinion and it's based on my personal experience but there's no reason to buy a product if you cant use it to the fullest.

So wait, you're admitting you don't know how the current drivers are, and yet you still claim they're absolutely inferior and useless? I have never, not once, in the past year since I bought an AMD card, have had to use a removal tool to update drivers. Not only that, I pretty much have not been able to see a significant difference between catalyst and the nvidia driver (I had an nvidia card before this one).

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

So wait, you're admitting you don't know how the current drivers are, and yet you still claim they're absolutely inferior and useless? I have never, not once, in the past year since I bought an AMD card, have had to use a removal tool to update drivers. Not only that, I pretty much have not been able to see a significant difference between catalyst and the nvidia driver (I had an nvidia card before this one).

BUT NVIDIA IS PERFECT AND EVERYTHING AMD MAKES IS TERRIBLE AND BUGGY /sarchasm.

There is a reason. Nvidia GPUs are simply better!

Opposite here: paired my intel cpu with an AMD gpu.

Same here!

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Le baseless claim

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

So how do you justify this?

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

So how do you justify this?

55480659.jpg

Most people I talk to don't even know what AMD offers and sometimes they don't even know they make gpus. I have never seen a prebuilt desktop tagged as "gaming pc" with an amd gpu in it in a local store (and then they may or may not have a gt 530 with a 3770k and 16gb of ram). Or even any prebuilt with an fx cpu if we had to go on that tangent. What token slower-than-integrated dedicated solution do intel powered laptops have? GT 820Ms. Who has the most expensive gpu on the planet? Nvidia, and you know that people who don't know what they are talking about will assume that more expensive =  better, for the whole lineup of that brand.

In short, illiterate people get spoonfed with nvidia and intel every time they approach a hardware store. Intel was even charged and fined for paying manufacturers to get their cpus in their prebuilts years ago. Not sure if nvidia has ever been accused of something like that, but you can bet they do it. I have nothing against nvidia products in general, I have owned some myself and was satisfied with the experience. But we need to cut the "nvidia is always superior and perfect" bs.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

55480659.jpg

Most people I talk to don't even know what AMD offers and sometimes they don't even know they make gpus. I have never seen a prebuilt desktop tagged as "gaming pc" with an amd gpu in it in a local store (and then they may or may not have a gt 530 with a 3770k and 16gb of ram). Or even any prebuilt with an fx cpu if we had to go on that tangent. What token slower-than-integrated dedicated solution do intel powered laptops have? GT 820Ms. Who has the most expensive gpu on the planet? Nvidia, and you know that people who don't know what they are talking about will assume that more expensive =  better, for the whole lineup of that brand.

In short, illiterate people get spoonfed with nvidia and intel every time they approach a hardware store. Intel was even charged and fined for paying manufacturers to get their cpus in their prebuilts years ago. Not sure if nvidia has ever been accused of something like that, but you can bet they do it. I have nothing against nvidia products in general, I have owned some myself and was satisfied with the experience. But we need to cut the "nvidia is always superior and perfect" bs.

You've got your points.

Niveadia. Parce que vous le valez bien.

Je ne parle pas Français

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Any AMD card with a non reference cooler overclocks fine. Proof? My 290 with +75mv. The temps don't go above 75 on most games. And bad drivers? My AMD drivers never give me issues, but I always use DDU. And Also, myself and many friends have had issues with Nvidia driver updates when not using DDU, so it's not just an AMD thing. IMO, saving $75 is worth a 1 minute to boot into safe mode and running a program...

Edit: I have no idea about not using DDU with current AMD drivers. I just always use it. I don't know about recent Nvidia Desktop drivers either, but Optimus drivers do give me issues almost every time I install them without DDU. In fact, even using DDU, two recent Nvidia drivers gave me memory leaks. I've had a driver or two do this to me when I had a Desktop Nvidia GPU (550ti) too. Neither company is perfect.

I don't know what DDU is, but I never have issues installing AMD drivers. Just download and install. The only thing I need, is to not install the HDMI driver, as the sound does not work, with the TV I use (luxor). So MS hdmi driver works better. so you don't need DDU afaik.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I can testify similarly, I used AMD cards for the past ~10 years and got 980's recently and there has been pretty much zero use experience difference between the two.  I was expecting the nvidia control panel to be a magical place after so many years of hearing how crappy CCC was... but it's all the same stuff.

The only time I ever had issues with AMD drivers was when I bought a 4850 and I had to install the drivers on the disc before updating to the latest drivers for it to work properly.  Simply downloading the newest drivers would not work.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

I'm still annoyed that I run 5 computers with steam (3 desktops with AMD cards, 1 tablet with just the intel intergrated and an intel/nvidia laptop) and the only one that has gotten a hardware survey popup in the last year was the Nvidia laptop I use.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

I don't know what DDU is, but I never have issues installing AMD drivers. Just download and install. The only thing I need, is to not install the HDMI driver, as the sound does not work, with the TV I use (luxor). So MS hdmi driver works better. so you don't need DDU afaik.

It's Display Driver Uninstaller

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

That's good if AMD's drivers don't need it to update fine, but personally I'm going to use it anyway. It's only helps. I've had issues with AMD drivers in the past year when not using DDU so I just use it for all drivers.

Core i5 4670k @4.0Ghz stock voltage w/ Corsair H100i | MSI GD65 Gaming Board | GIGABYTE R9 290 | 16GB G.Skill Memory @2133mhz | 256GB Crucial MX100 SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD

3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD | 20GB FUJITSU 5400rpm Xbox 360 HDD | EVGA 750W Power Supply | Lian Li Alpha 330

the current drivers are fine on my r9 270x but not my HD7990. so it's 50/50

I was expecting the nvidia control panel to be a magical place after so many years of hearing how crappy CCC was... but it's all the same stuff.

Unless it changed since my last Nvidia GPU (gtx 470) the Nvidia panel has more settings options in the drivers themselves. Now there's other software that enables thoses  for AMD too but that's not part of the drivers.

290x is priced around 600usd here..just like 980..

970 is about 490usd and BELOW  :(

I found myself on the same boat except for Asus cards: try to look hard and wide, particularly on more official distributors (not just small kiosks and such) for Asus cards since they should be offering adjusted pricing on the 290x direct cu ii for example which is what I ended up getting exactly because of that (and low availability of the 970 at the time)

-------

Current Rig

-------