3 out of 4 PC Gamers own an Nvidia GPU

marvin968

I think there are actually a lot more people who have AMD GPUs than you think. The study just uses the amount of a certain brand of card that has been sold within a quarter. It doesn't actually poll people to see what they're using. I would imagine that there are people who have AMD cards that just aren't upgrading until they have a viable contender to upgrade to.

Sad but true. It's especially frustrating when right now they offer AMAZING value for almost the whole lineup. Even the 970 is currently way more expensive than a 290x.

Really?

I've seen places where the 290x has been up to 15-20 bucks cheaper.

(I don't know if this is a lot or little but it was a bit cheaper)

In American shops, the 970 is currently cheaper for the most part, unless you get a PowerColor 290x. Even then they're so close to eachother, price shouldn't be an issue.

Yeah but newbies still take the FX and think the GPU's are trash.

While it is the other way around

I see what you mean. However now we can say Look at GTA V: it uses all the cores you can get, and even with 8 cores being used the 8350 cannot keep up with the i3 and it's 2 cores hyperthreaded: Strong cores still matter and will continue to matter for way longer than the bulldozer relevance which is almost none now.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I wish both companies were really able to push the industry forward at a much greater rate, instead of AMD continually trying to keep up with Nvidia. I am optimistic about the new product launch, but there is the real possibility that it will be a flop. And I don't see AMD's CPU line being capable of saving its business. 

Disclaimer : I might be wrong.

In American shops, the 970 is currently cheaper for the most part, unless you get a PowerColor 290x. Even then they're so close to each other, price shouldn't be an issue.

Ok.

I would go with the 970 then because of newer technology (and I want to try gpus on both amd and nvidia side)  :P

But I want to try a 290x for like 2-4 weeks to see how they are compared to my 280x though.

PC  Specs 2022:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen R9 5900x @ 5.1GHz - Auto OC
  • Curve Optimizer Magnitude: -20
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX x570-F Gaming
  • RAM
                                        Kingston Fury 32GB DDR4 3200MHz 16x2GB
  • GPU
    MSI 3070 8GB Ventus 2x OC
  • Case
    LIAN LI LANCOOL MESH II Mesh RGB Black
  • Storage
    Kingston NV1 2TB M.2. NVMe
  • PSU
    Seasonic Focus GX 850w 
  • Display(s)
    MSI OPTIX MAG 251RX IPS 240hz & ASUS MG248Q Vertical 144hz & Dell 60hz
  • Cooling
    NZXT Kraken x73 360mm
  • Keyboard
    Tt eSports Meka G1
  • Mouse
    Logitech G Pro Wireless
  • Operating System
    -Windows 10 Professional 64bit

So Console gamers are no gamers?

EDIT: Oops, OP did not correctly copy the original article's title.

AMD/NVIDIA Market-Share Graph Shows NVIDIA Conquering, 3 Out of 4 PC Gamers Own an NVIDIA GPU

Edited the title

i refuse  to buy a nvidia products...... because i dont like the atitude of the company....paying developers to optimize games for their products only... trying to be a monopoly... throwing lawsuits here and there... just because they can...meh ill rather game on console that have a nvidia products....

AMD Rig - (Upgraded): FX 8320 @ 4.8 Ghz, Corsair H100i GTX, ROG Crosshair V Formula, Ghz, 16 GB 1866 Mhz Ram, Msi R9 280x Gaming 3G @ 1150 Mhz, Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB, Win 10 Home

(My first Intel + Nvidia experience  - recently bought ) : MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G ( i7 6820HK, 16 GB RAM, 980M SLI, GSync, 1080p , 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD... FeelsGoodMan

All I want is competition between the manufacturers.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

Really?

I've seen places where the 290x has been up to 15-20 bucks cheaper.

(I don't know if this is a lot or little but it was a bit cheaper)

I've seen it lower than that (at least on pcpartpicker), of course prices fluctuate. It's still 20$ less for a card that is faster at 1440p and 4k.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

i refuse  to buy a nvidia products...... because i dont like the atitude of the company....paying developers to optimize games for their products only... trying to be a monopoly... throwing lawsuits here and there... just because they can...meh ill rather game on console that have a nvidia products....

after using a gtx 770 i will switch back to amd as soon as i can and stay with amd until nvidia releases open source linux drivers

Well i think all steam users are pc gamers soo, i'm not sure if this is correct.

There are gamers that use the iGPU soo D:

When are you actually classified as a pc gamer?

BTW, that graph is only NVidia vs AMD, and between them yea, Nvidia is king, but intel is also an important one tbh D:

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

maybe if amd released some new shit more often that wasn't just rehashed old shit they would get a few more customers.

maybe if amd released some new shit more often that wasn't just rehashed old shit they would get a few more customers.

That's the issue, their market share is low so they make less money. Which means less money on R&D, which means fewer new products, and so the cycle goes.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Hehe, anyone with an original Xbox owns an Nvidia GPU as well-anyone who thinks they are AMD only but has an original Xbox, look again.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

According to Steam it's 50% Nvidia, 30% AMD the rest Intel.  

Nvidia simply spends more on marketing.  

The 960 release really highlighted this for me.  Here's a mediocre GPU that performs identically to the 280/285 and then gets toasted by the 280x, meanwhile here's every youtuber under the sun reading the reviewer manual word for word and posting 30 videos each for every single card variant anyone puts out. (They do this for every Nvidia card, but it's especially grating when it's a mediocre card.)   Meanwhile, most sites are posting benchmarks that don't include the 280x because they don't want to show a three year old $200~ card beating the brand new $200 GTX 960.  There were so many shoddy benchmarks that came out with this card meant to skew the facts and mislead people, it was almost comical. 

Oh and if I had a nickel everytime referred to the "$200 sweet spot" and "new 1080p card" like good little pamphlet readers...  

Nvidia makes good products, but they're so fucking slimy and anti-competitive as a business.  

The only site I saw that I think did it right was HardwareCanucks.  http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/68697-nvidia-gtx-960-reference-review-16.html They absolutely assblasted it for being worse than the 760 at 1440p.  

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

I see what you mean. However now we can say Look at GTA V: it uses all the cores you can get, and even with 8 cores being used the 8350 cannot keep up with the i3 and it's 2 cores hyperthreaded: Strong cores still matter and will continue to matter for way longer than the bulldozer relevance which is almost none now.

The i3 does fall behind the higher clocked FX chips in GTA V.  

But yeah GTA only uses so four threads, so really it's 2C/4T vs 4C/4T.  Still shows that Intel's cores are much stronger, but it's not a "2 is better than 8" situation, it's "2 with hyper threading is better than 4". (Well not better in this case, but not all that far behind either.)

CPU_01.png

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

AMD needs to ketchup to the mustard rice. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I don't see how this is that important.

it was on the WAN show so its being posted about now.

I hope AMD stays, and is successful, for without them Nvidia will jack the prices. 

this^

its just typical marketing, for those saying "lol amd is useless", just wait and see, if they do actually leave the market of GPU's, ill be laughing while yall pay $650 for the same tech that nvidia released this year, next year

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

It's not "3 out of 4 pc gamers owns an Nvidia gpu", it's " 3 out of 4 new gpu being sold is an Nvidia gpu". Still, it's sad to see it being so low, AMD really needs to release the new product line, soon.

this^

its just typical marketing, for those saying "lol amd is useless", just wait and see, if they do actually leave the market of GPU's, ill be laughing while yall pay $650 for the same tech that nvidia released this year, next year

Majestic thinks not...  Tbh, I would rather not have to exuberant prices for hardware, it takes the manufacturer to make for half the price.

-I Said-

I hope AMD stays, and is successful, for without them Nvidia will jack the prices. 

-Majestic Said-

That's a bit of a slippery slope argument, buddy.

sold

Majestic thinks not...  Tbh, I would rather not have to exuberant prices for hardware, it takes the manufacturer to make for half the price.

-I Said-

-Majestic Said-

That's a bit of a slippery slope argument, buddy.

whatre you even talking about, i didnt even quote you m8

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

To be honest I really really really hope that AMD makes a comeback.  Personally I run Nvidia, but its not for lack of trying AMD... I actually bought an R9 290 a couple months after launch, I installed it in my machine used it about a week and periodically had random driver issues with it.  My rig is not only a work machine, a render machine, but also a personal gaming machine.  So its usually on about 16 hours a day.  I need it to work and work consistently, and stably every single time I use it! 

So that is why I buy nvidia, not because the GPU's are necessarily better but because In nearly 2.5 years of running two 680's in SLI I have only had one driver problem forcing me to un-install and re-install the nvidia drivers.  It was quite recently actually, the GTA V driver.

In short, if AMD got its act together and started really getting good with their drivers to where I NEVER had problems with them I would definitely go back to AMD.

Never gonna buy Nvidia cards after Fermi....they are like jacking up prices now imo.

Maxwell and Kepler=Focused on Power Consumption, something that i don't really care about.

Also, i will never use any of Nvidia features anyway......like shadowplay or gamestream because i never use those application that would require those Nvidia features. 

I care about price to performance.....and that's why i would choose a R9 290 over a GTX 970 because similar performance yet way cheaper(around 100 bucks).

For all those complaining about heat output on AMD cards.....some R9 290 cards run cooler than a GTX 780.....

60573.png

60574.png

Fun Fact: My Gaming PC almost had a GTX 760, but i decided on a R9 270X to save some money.