[Finished] The silent cube: Pushing passive cooling to the limit with dual GTX 980 - [Update 21: Liquid Cristal Thermometer]

I seem to have gotten it up and running but as you said the font is all squished and unreadable, did you run their font loader to change it cause I was unable to get it to run.

EDIT: I think I figured it out but it will take a while to configure  :lol:

The font size used is only 4.5 pixels, therefor it is unreadable. I use 7 pixels.

Also I needed more than two hours until I found the software and configured both screens....

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

The font size used is only 4.5 pixels, therefor it is unreadable. I use 7 pixels.

Also I needed more than two hours until I found the software and configured both screens....

Yeah it took me more than a few times to just get it right but it works awesome now!  :D

• 2 weeks later...

I saw you were using peltiers to generate energy, why not use them to cool?  Seems like you could reduce the required surface area an make it a bit more manageable.... well aside from the risk of burning yourself on it (maybe add a fry pan to the top and cook an egg).  

Computer: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZczbWZ ~$950

Computer w/ Peripherals: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/mZNNnQ ~$1650

Case: Blue s340 painted black CPU: 4790K OC to 4.5MHz Cooler: Dark Rock 3 GPU: Powercolor R9-290 MOBO: z97 MSI Gaming 5 RAM: Fury HyperX 2x8GB 1866Mhz PSU: Corsair rm750x Storage: 250GB 850 EVO & 1TB WD Black HeadPhones: HD598 SE Speakers: MAckie CR4 SE Keyboard: K70 Cherry-Brown Mouse: G9x Fans: Prolimatech Vortex 140mm

I saw you were using peltiers to generate energy, why not use them to cool?  Seems like you could reduce the required surface area an make it a bit more manageable.... well aside from the risk of burning yourself on it (maybe add a fry pan to the top and cook an egg).  

Well I could do it, but I don't for several reasons:

- I don't have to as the GPU temperaur only reaches 77°C max after one hour of furmark. During normal usage the temperatur is even lower (only the GPUs would benefit as the peltiers are mounted this way).

- The peltier elements can only withstand 80°C. The smal heatsinks on the hot side would reach this temperatur when dissipiating ~100 watt, so I can only pull ~33 watts away from the big heat sink.

- It requires power. The PSU is already the hottest part in the system and I don't dare to draw more power.

- As it uses power it's active cooling. So the system isn't 100% passive anymore :)

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

• 2 weeks later...

in-fucking-sane, hella cool, really amazing, I just, can't. Looks amazing!

Computer's don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose.

• 2 weeks later...

*Goes to click browser*
*slowmo activates*
*missclicks internet explorer*
noooooooooooo.gif
*Switches to satellite view of the house*
*Windows explode and flames shoot out*

But yea, that daydream aside, epic build!

Update 22: Thank you all!

I'd like to thank you all, the community as well as the mods, for all the support and help that kept me motivated!

The WAN show @47.32

56b5a98a23935_Screenshot2016-02-0608.56.