Yet another PhysX question.

HemiPhenom955

I plan on Grabbing the MSI GTX670 Power edition card in a month or so,, My question is,, What is the popular opinion on weather or not one of my 460's will provide any PhysX performance increase.

Thanks all

There are three outcomes;

1. The GTX 670 is powerful enough to provide PhysX on its own.

2. The GTX 460 will actually decrease performance because it can't keep up with the 670.

3. The GTX 460 will actually provide a decent or on par performance for PhysX.

I would lean more towards 1. and just use the GTX 670. If you get the 670 and still have the 460, why not test it? I would assume the 670 could handle it on its own.

Not sure if 460 would decrease performance, because you can survive easy with 2 generation old mid range card as a PhysX dedicated card, try it out and compare, Linus did a video on 500 series with a few cards so you can compare how they scale.

Just keep in mind that your 670 can do better on it's own than a 580 + a PhysX dedicated card, so you could stay with a single card to save power and not have heat and noise issues

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

Not sure if 460 would decrease performance, because you can survive easy with 2 generation old mid range card as a PhysX dedicated card, try it out and compare, Linus did a video on 500 series with a few cards so you can compare how they scale.

Just keep in mind that your 670 can do better on it's own than a 580 + a PhysX dedicated card, so you could stay with a single card to save power and not have heat and noise issues

I think the 460 would decrease performance, depending on if it's the 768MB one or the 1GB one. But again, I would think the 670 would powerful enough and pairing it with a 460 would only increase heat and pull more power, like you said.

Again Hemi, if you have both cards, test it! If there is significant difference in those PhysX games then great! If it doesn't, well then you have a card for backup!

I wouldn't recommend it, but it WILL increase performance.

Linus did a video with either a 8800GT or 8600, not sure, but those were very old cards. Then he did it with the 550 Ti, which increased performance. The 460 is as powerful as the 550 Ti so it will increase performance.

Don't do it, it's pretty much a waste of power and the 670 is perfectly capable of running PhysX on it's own.

Linus did a video with either a 8800GT or 8600, not sure, but those were very old cards. Then he did it with the 550 Ti, which increased performance. The 460 is as powerful as the 550 Ti so it will increase performance.

Don't do it, it's pretty much a waste of power and the 670 is perfectly capable of running PhysX on it's own.

i agree, but you have to keep in idn 460 is more powerfull than a 550ti, even with 750mb of vram, so it is a better option, and y 670 should be enough

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

Oh 1 more thing, i am cpu limited so i can't kick the s**t out of my card but if you have a nice cpu a 670 will do you just fine, you can run crysis 2 with that card even if you have a high OC dual core or an i3 on extreme settings at least, just trust me on this one, try both cards out, but save your cash on your power bill and just go with your 670 XD

System

Yea sorry i didnt mention my 460's are the 1 gig's with the FPB.

You could do the community a favour and try it with and without the 460, and report back to this thread? :)

You'd need to test a game that actually bothers to use physx though, like borderlands 2.

You could do the community a favour and try it with and without the 460, and report back to this thread? :)

You'd need to test a game that actually bothers to use physx though, like borderlands 2.

I will,, like i said in a month or so.

Thanks all who Replied