Have some problems forwarding ports

Speedbird
Go to solution Solved by Speedbird,

Okay.

That looks fine to me - unless you need to (for some reason - to add redundancy) fill in the 'external port' field with 25565.

Well... thanks for dashing my dreams in an instant :'(

i don't know why you are portforwarding ipv6, but other than that it looks fine.

if you don't already, give your PC a static IP.

also can i have a screen of the "edit" option?

the TPLINK router shouldn't be an issue if you disabled NAT, it should let all traffic through. just in case its got some wierd shit going on see if there is a "use as access point" option.

Welp, gg your port then since the C5 doesn't have any NAT tables to forward your port. Better luck next time.

Do you guys want to hear an epic fail? If yes, continue.

Windows Firewall was blocking Java! And it didn't notify me! Ah, the enhanced security of a server-grade OS.

Hello.

I am running a Minecraft server, so I set it up and forwarded port 25565 on my router. But for some reason, it didn't work. Nobody could connect. I tried rebooting the router, setting the PF rule for IPv6, making a traffic rule, even disbaling IPv6, but no luck. And it's definitely the router, because SMB isn't working either.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

What router are you using?

Inteno DG301, provided by my ISP. It's a rather hig-end one and the menus are a little confusing. Also, I have a TP-Link Archer C5 between that router and the network, but that has NAT disabled.

just a few things to try:

• Make sure you forwarded the port to the right local IPv4/IPv6 respectively
  • Double check you're ISPs website to see if they allow port forwarding (as some block the tool due to hosting restrictions is certain countries for whatever reason)
  • Have a look around your router settings for DHCP and TURN IT ON.
  • Also, try turning on uPnP on your router if you haven't already (I'm not sure if it'll do anything but gie it a try anyway).

If you found my post helpful make sure to press the "Like This" Button  ;)

Inteno DG301, provided by my ISP. It's a rather hig-end one and the menus are a little confusing. Also, I have a TP-Link Archer C5 between that router and the network, but that has NAT disabled.

Okay. This is a kinda stupid question, but does the PC you're using as a server have a static IP and did you point the port forwarding at that IP?

Sig under construction.

screenshot please

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

Sounds to me like your entire setup is confusing. Re-enable NAT on the C5, then map *both* device IPs to forward 25565. Re-boot the server and monitor http://canyouseeme.org  to check the port. Cake. :)

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

just a few things to try:

• Make sure you forwarded the port to the right local IPv4/IPv6 respectively
  • Double check you're ISPs website to see if they allow port forwarding (as some block the tool due to hosting restrictions is certain countries for whatever reason)
  • Have a look around your router settings for DHCP and TURN IT ON.
  • Also, try turning on uPnP on your router if you haven't already (I'm not sure if it'll do anything but gie it a try anyway).

• Yep, checked the ipconfig in Windows
  • Yes they do. I have forwarded ports before, but with a different router and networking setup
  • It is on.
  • I would leave it off, security risks.

Okay. This is a kinda stupid question, but does the PC you're using as a server have a static IP and did you point the port forwarding at that IP?

It doesn't but it hasn't changed since I set it up.

screenshot please

of what? PF settings?

Sounds to me like your entire setup is confusing. Re-enable NAT on the C5, then map *both* device IPs to forward 25565. Re-boot the server and monitor http://canyouseeme.org  to check the port. Cake. :)

That could be a problem. I would have to factory reset the C5. And I do not have physical access to them right now. I can access my server remotely and the routers webGUI.

of what? PF settings?

yes

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

That could be a problem. I would have to factory reset the C5. And I do not have physical access to them right now. I can access my server remotely and the routers webGUI.

Welp, gg your port then since the C5 doesn't have any NAT tables to forward your port. Better luck next time.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

wjtlsQw.jpg

i don't know why you are portforwarding ipv6, but other than that it looks fine.

the TPLINK router shouldn't be an issue if you disabled NAT, it should let all traffic through. just in case its got some wierd shit going on see if there is a "use as access point" option.

4YWKfOc.jpg

By the way, the C5 is running DD-WRT and I followed a guide on ow to turn a DD-WRT router into a switch. The only thing that I changed was enabling WiFi.

4YWKfOc.jpg

By the way, the C5 is running DD-WRT and I followed a guide on ow to turn a DD-WRT router into a switch. The only thing that I changed was enabling WiFi.

That looks fine to me - unless you need to (for some reason - to add redundancy) fill in the 'external port' field with 25565.

Sig under construction.

It was filled in actually, I just cleared it just in case.

It was filled in actually, I just cleared it just in case.

Okay.

Sig under construction.

Put it back to "gateway" mode, re-enable dhcp, enable dhcp-reservation if you don't want to manually configure static network IP's, re-enable NAT, then map the ports. Not that difficult guys.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Okay.

Well... thanks for dashing my dreams in an instant :'(

Windows Firewall was blocking Java! And it didn't notify me! Ah, the enhanced security of a server-grade OS.

Wow. Good that the problem was that and not anything else though.

Sig under construction.

Put it back to "gateway" mode, re-enable dhcp, enable dhcp-reservation if you don't want to manually configure static network IP's, re-enable NAT, then map the ports. Not that difficult guys.

it's just acting as an AP and switch... it wouldnt be pissing anything off.

4YWKfOc.jpg

Yeah, that all looks good

edit: LOL gg