Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jman5625

New PC

Posted · Original PosterOP

I wouldn't spend so much on other things such as H100i and get yourself a 970

Ok I'll take that into consideration; thank you for the suggestion.

If you don't want to OC, the Xeon E3 1231 V3 will give you 8 threads vs the 4 of the 4690K.

I suggest these things:

120GB SSD, and get a 3TB HDD. 

GTX 970

No H100i (put that toward a ASUS GTX 970 Strix or something else)

Cheaper RAM?  It doesn't matter much (the speed) for gaming.  You could save $10-20 by going lower.

Why not choose a cheaper version of Windows 8?

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Yep, spending less on the cooler, and more on the gpu is about the only thing i would do. possibly look at the hyper 212 evo, or something of that sorts (midranged air cooler), as they are very cheap for their cooling capability.

the 970 is also a large jump over the 960, so sacrificing a little on the cooling and gaining a better card will yield much better performance

Cpu: i7 3770 @ 4.1Ghz | Motherboard: Sabertooth Z77 | Gpu: Gtx 780ti @ 1279Mhz | Cooler: Custom Gpu+Cpu loop | Ram: 8gb vengeance pro (4+4) 

PSU: CX750m+Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: Dell u2515h | Drives: 120gb Samsung 840  + 1tb hgst HDD + 500gb Toshiba HDD

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($226.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($100.98 @ Newegg) 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 290X 4GB Tr-X OC Video Card  ($281.50 @ Newegg) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($87.79 @ OutletPC) 

Total: $924.17

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-19 10:31 EDT-0400

To my understanding, you already have a case and a psu

Actually, I like everything but I mostly prefer LG's, Corsair's, Gigabyte's, AMD's and RGB led products

If you don't want to OC, the Xeon E3 1231 V3 will give you 8 threads vs the 4 of the 4690K.

I suggest these things:

120GB SSD, and get a 3TB HDD. 

GTX 970

No H100i (put that toward a ASUS GTX 970 Strix or something else)

Cheaper RAM?  It doesn't matter much (the speed) for gaming.  You could save $10-20 by going lower.

Why not choose a cheaper version of Windows 8?

Is the xeon still good for gaming though?

Is the xeon still good for gaming though?

Yes.  If you watched Linus's Video it shows that it's even better for gaming (though pretty much the same as the i7 it's compared to) 

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

Yes.  If you watched Linus's Video it shows that it's even better for gaming (though pretty much the same as the i7 it's compared to) 

Ok thank you I'll look up that video right now. :)

In terms of ram what would be good?

In terms of ram what would be good?

I'm not kidding, anything.

If you want to choose a brand just pick a color to go with the MOBO and Kinston, Corsair, and some others are good.

I just wanted cheaper RAM (low profile preferably)

That RAM looks great, it is also well reviewed by a good brand.  I'd say go for it,

Personally, I'd look for Gold to go with the ASUS Z97 motherboard mentioned.

That RAM looks great, it is also well reviewed by a good brand.  I'd say go for it,

Personally, I'd look for Gold to go with the ASUS Z97 motherboard mentioned.

So, if I get the Xeon will it work in my mobo?

So, if I get the Xeon will it work in my mobo?

Yes it will. The only downside is you can't really overclock it (Not like a 'k' cpu) and it doesn't have built in graphics on that particular one (Not a huge deal).

Winter is Coming.

Yes it will. The only downside is you can't really overclock it (Not like a 'k' cpu) and it doesn't have built in graphics on that particular one (Not a huge deal).

Overclocking isn't really for me I'm a new builder. If I wanted to I can always change to a K or something then overclock, but I probably won't anytime soon.