HBO Now cutting off VPN users, Australians ect..

PerfectTemplar

yup - I got this problem with the F1 now, gotta pay 50 bucks a month or abit more if you want it in HD.

currently I'm just watching it streamed but the lag spikes sorta kill it for live sports

Our problem is AFL, it's not too bad if I use a USB tv dongle and let the GPU re sample to the monitor or the projector, but It's not as good as the old 640x480 or a proper HD signal. And it certainly isn't good that only a half the games are on FTA.  If you want to watch any of the bigger matches you need foxsports :(.  I am sure they have gimped the signal to make it worse than 640x480 when re sampled because it never used to be this bad.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Our problem is AFL, it's not too bad if I use a USB tv dongle and let the GPU re sample to the monitor or the projector, but It's not as good as the old 640x480 or a proper HD signal. And it certainly isn't good that only a half the games are on FTA.  If you want to watch any of the bigger matches you need foxsports :(.  I am sure they have gimped the signal to make it worse than 640x480 when re sampled because it never used to be this bad.

I dont follow afl, but it sounds the same thing that fox sports has done with the v8's and f1 ..... and ten was blowing its horn about being the home of motorsport, there only showing half the race's in SD

talking about HBO - I was subscribed to john oliver on youtube but now that's region locked

Its all about those volumetric clouds

when will the learn people will just go back to piracy

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

I dont follow afl, but it sounds the same thing that fox sports has done with the v8's and f1 ..... and ten was blowing its horn about being the home of motorsport, there only showing half the race's in SD

Yep, that's exactly what happened in the AFL, "channel 7, home of the AFL*" 

*footnote: except matches between X and X and for matches played at the G and for matches that foxtel poached the rights to.  Also any games that start with G, F, A and M.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Oh well. Guess ill steal it illegally and enjoy a far superior quality and product with Plex and Chrome cast.

If HBO don't want my money then that's fine

You can't steal something that's not there

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Vote with your wallets Australians and go about other methods of watching your beloved HBO shows. ;)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Vote with your wallets Australians and go about other methods of watching your beloved HBO shows. ;)

I've been telling everyone to turn the fucking tv off and go spend time with the family.   Hurt those companies in the wallet, save some money, spend time with the family and maybe even live a little healthier.

I've been telling everyone to turn the fucking tv off and go spend time with the family.   Hurt those companies in the wallet, save some money, spend time with the family and maybe even live a little healthier.

That's a good alternative until you remember Game of Thrones or something.  :P 

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

So the most likely reason I see this happening from HBO is that some AU

Service providers are pressuring HBO to block "HBO NOW". Seeing as it 

might be cutting into their customer base and having more cord cutters.

HBO wants to make money every one paying for HBO now is a little bit.

But those providers are worth a'lot more to them and if they threaten to

drop HBO that very bad. 

In my opinion i see this as nothing more then HBO trying to keep good

business relations with providers as long as they are more profitable than

single user "HBO NOW". At some point down the road the table will flip and 

them selling directly will be better. But the main demographic for HBO is still 

above 35 years of age. And not all of those people are tech savey. As soon

as per channel subscription becomes as easy as a cable package and a  

control with a TV we will see a change.

Gut reaction for many is "Oh well I guess I'll pirate their shows" But regardless of what they think, a lore more damage would be done to them if you stop watching their fucking shows, legal or not.

-------

Current Rig

-------

The solution to the problem is easy.. Unotelly or Unlocator, I use it for Hulu all the time, and they work fine and cost like 5$/mo or so..

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2

And then they wonder why Australia pirates so much stuff. HMMMMMMM lets see.....

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I feel bad for Australians, it seems like they get fucked over all the time with tech related things. My condolences out to you Aussies, I would be pissed to have to go from paying $20/month to $60/month just because I live in a different country.

and the other thing that alternative option is Foxtel the only cable/satellite TV service here that has HBO content (I am lead to believe), and it is equally owned by both our largest telco (Telstra) and News Corp (FOX/Rupert Murdoch) both are quite despised by the public for many reasons. So less money to them the better was the way a lot saw it.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

Well Hulu plus and US netflix still seem to work so for now I'm not mad

The Cake is a Lie...

Anyone accessing HBO Now from outside the US that has been caught doing so will be getting their HBO Now accounts terminated. This is a popular platform amongst Australians due to the alternative to watch HBO shows in HD being $60+ a month.

It appears those who have signed up using their own credit cards but setting billing address with a US ZIP code have been the ones caught.

This is bad for others outside the US accessing HBO Now also, it seems HBO and their old business model don't really comprehend that the options are piracy or HBO Now in many circumstances. They should stop complaining about piracy if they don't want to let us pay.

This is funny. Internet is an invention of global era and you simply can not block the usage of it because of some stupid geo-restricted approach. Those who are affecting with the blockage is mainly because they used their Credit Card. I used 'None' option so nothing affect me at all. Good job Getflix, SmartDNSProxy and other SmartDNS providers. They have done well to Unblock the geo-restriction. Check Unblock.com as well, they maybe coming very soon for this.