Belkin n600db Router 5ghz Issues

BenHTBDT

My roughly year old router is acting up and I have no idea how to fix it. To give a little background, the router produces two SSIDs with two networks, one for 2.4ghz, one for 5ghz. I have devices that will work on 5ghz, and they were working great until yesterday. The 5ghz network completely vanished and I have been unable to connect to it. Earlier today I logged into my router and changed the SSID of that network, and it showed up again for about 3 hours with no issues, then vanished again. Neither my phone or 5ghz compatible laptop will connect to the network. Range is not an issue as I'm in the same room as the router.

Anyone have any ideas? There aren't any firmware updates available for the router. I have not changed any settings recently. I'm a computer technician but my networking skills are very limited.

Well..... Belkin isnt the best router manufacture. Have you tried power cycling the router? Some times that can fix issues. To me, it sounds like the 5Ghz radio might be going. If the router is less than a year you might check to see if you can get it replaced under warranty. Just checked google and found another post on another forum that had the same issues. He RMAed the router like 3 times and it still didnt work. My guess is that its just not that great of a product.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Thanks for the reply! I have tried power cycling. And to be honest, I know where you're coming from saying they're not the best, but most people have a very outdated view on belkin networking components. They used to be awful, but as of about two years ago they're actually better than Netgear in most cases. They also now own Linksys... I did see that post. The 5ghz band isn't important enough to me to actually do an RMA, as the 2.4Ghz works good enough, but either way the issue is firmware related as far as I can tell. I went ahead and did a full factory reset on the router, and the 5ghz seems to be working fine so far. I think a setting may have gotten borked at some point.

Thanks though I appreciate the help!

Thanks for the reply! I have tried power cycling. And to be honest, I know where you're coming from saying they're not the best, but most people have a very outdated view on belkin networking components. They used to be awful, but as of about two years ago they're actually better than Netgear in most cases. They also now own Linksys... I did see that post. The 5ghz band isn't important enough to me to actually do an RMA, as the 2.4Ghz works good enough, but either way the issue is firmware related as far as I can tell. I went ahead and did a full factory reset on the router, and the 5ghz seems to be working fine so far. I think a setting may have gotten borked at some point.

Thanks though I appreciate the help!

So I finally broke down and just bought a new router, as I don't have time to mess with it anymore. Its the n300 version of the Buffalo router that linus reviewed sometime last year. It has bunny ears!