I upgraded and now I lagg? [SOLVED]

TaiGeXGaming
Go to solution Solved by Godlygamer23,

Suppose you try disabling all of the C states and Speedstep. Does that make a difference?

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

IT'S FIXED!

All it took was updating the mobo to 1205 from 1007.  Oh my god thank you al so much for helping me! :D

Finally! :D

I'm glad to see it isn't hardware failure after all! 

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Glad its all sorted, it bizarre that a motherboard that is shipped to work with a haswell cpu you doesn't actually work with it properly out of the box, you would think they would test it before releasing.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Well if firmware needed an update, it kind of was a hardware failure ;)

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

IT'S FIXED!

All it took was updating the mobo to 1205 from 1007.  Oh my god thank you al so much for helping me! :D

Glad to hear that resolved things. ;)

Glad to hear that resolved things. ;)

Well if firmware needed an update, it kind of was a hardware failure ;)

Glad its all sorted, it bizarre that a motherboard that is shipped to work with a haswell cpu you doesn't actually work with it properly out of the box, you would think they would test it before releasing.

Great news man !  B)

Finally! :D

Done it again!  I tried overclocking but my system would crash and I wasn't able to boot up for an hour - I thought I had blitzed my CPU.  What should I do now? :(

EDIT:  It literally WILL NOT go above this!:

MhHNPmZ.png

IT'S REALLY WEIRD

When I boot up my system and I do a performance test instantly, it's on 11k!

UOeVkZY.png

If I do one right after, then it's around 4k!

sA6OJEE.png

It lasts for around a minute or two before going bad again.  What can this even be?!

Re-cap. What have we tried so far?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Updating all drivers

Re-cap. What have we tried so far?

Backdating drivers

Testing the RAM in a new system

Testing the GPU in a new system

Overclocking

Re-installing Windows

Fiddling with settings

Using the AI suite

Editing Regedit

Uninstalling things and re-installing them

Editing the Nvidia settings panel
Defaulting everything
Multiple performance tests
Stress testing

Do you have any power saving features enabled on your motherboard?

System Specs:

Try clearing the CMOS... don't bother overclocking you don't need it, the 4770k is fast enough at stock.

None that I know of.

Hmm could you check quickly? Not sure where they'll be in your BIOS but it doesn't hurt to check. After doing a BIOS update any settings made can be reverted.

System Specs:

Hmm could you check quickly? Not sure where they'll be in your BIOS but it doesn't hurt to check. After doing a BIOS update any settings made can be reverted.

I can check in AI suite.  None are turned on.

Try clearing the CMOS... don't bother overclocking you don't need it, the 4770k is fast enough at stock.

Clearing it how?

I can check in AI suite.  None are turned on.

Clearing it how?

So you just fixed your issue....something that took, what 4 days? And your first thought was to overclock the processor?  :ph34r:

Anyways, look in your manual for a clear cmos jumper or button. The manual should clearly state where these 2 things are. If you're afraid to jump the 2 cmos pins (assuming you don't have a clear cmos button) you could try pulling out the cmos battery. I will link a picture of what it looks like:

CMOS+battery.jpg

MIND YOU, I'VE NEVER TRIED THIS METHOD BEFORE.

So I'm speaking from other peoples experience. I've never heard of anyone damaging anything by doing this before however. I'll link a guide to cmos jumper pins

Keep us posted!

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

So you just fixed your issue....something that took, what 4 days? And your first thought was to overclock the processor?  :ph34r:

Anyways, look in your manual for a clear cmos jumper or button. The manual should clearly state where these 2 things are. If you're afraid to jump the 2 cmos pins (assuming you don't have a clear cmos button) you could try pulling out the cmos battery. I will link a picture of what it looks like:

CMOS+battery.jpg

MIND YOU, I'VE NEVER TRIED THIS METHOD BEFORE.

So I'm speaking from other peoples experience. I've never heard of anyone damaging anything by doing this before however. I'll link a guide to cmos jumper pins

Keep us posted!

Couldn't find the CMOS so I just pulled the battery out and put it back in.  It reset the BIOS and now I can start up instantly without doing the stupid thing with memory check now.  However, it still did that weird thing - My processor starts off (I instantly open CPU-Z) at 3.5Ghz - 3.9Ghz for the first 2 minutes-ish, but then drops instantly to 800Mhz.  I don't know what's throttling it! D:

Couldn't find the CMOS so I just pulled the battery out and put it back in.  It reset the BIOS and now I can start up instantly without doing the stupid thing with memory check now.  However, it still did that weird thing - My processor starts off (I instantly open CPU-Z) at 3.5Ghz - 3.9Ghz for the first 2 minutes-ish, but then drops instantly to 800Mhz.  I don't know what's throttling it! D:

Has ANYONE talked about a heat issue yet? Have you checked your temps at all? I can't remember if i saw anything about it before.

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database