I upgraded and now I lagg? [SOLVED]

TaiGeXGaming
Go to solution Solved by Godlygamer23,

Suppose you try disabling all of the C states and Speedstep. Does that make a difference?

You are 100% correct with the naming.

Lucky guess :D

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

OK, back to the start. Can you put all your settings back to normal (including RAM, OC, any tweaks you may have done) and run a graphics benchmark like 3DMark Vantage (or newer) and see if you still encouter out of the ordinary results. If not, then LoL is the problem here. Otherwise, you may have to do a fresh install with all the drivers and rerun the bench.

So i that order : 

• Restore all default configuration
  • Run bench
  • If bench OK, then LoL is the problem. Reinstall LoL.

If not, continue :

• Reinstall all drivers (including VGA, Motherboard, and the like)
  • Rerun Bench.
  • If bench OK : drivers problem solved.

If not, continue :

• Do a fresh install of Windows including ONLY the drivers and the bench utility.
  • Run bench.
  • If bench OK, then it was a weird problem, but it's solved.

If not, continue :

• Swap out your graphics card in another system.
  • Run bench on the system with yout GTX680.
  • If bench OK, then your VGA is OK, but there's another problem somewhere else.

When all this is done in that order, you should have a better idea of what's wrong.

Where exactly to you lag?

Games, rendering, general idle usage?

Did you check your HDD?

What PSU do you own?

how do other games and benchmarks run? 

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

how do other games and benchmarks run? 

They run on low FPS.  I'm averaging on 40FPS on League (My main game) but on black ops etc on everything low I can only just get 45-55.  If I go on high I get like 30.  If something major happens in LoL, I go down to 15/20 at a push.

Where exactly to you lag?

Games, rendering, general idle usage?

Did you check your HDD?

What PSU do you own?

I own a 860W CORS CP-9020044-UK AX860

I lagg during games - I haven't tried rendering yet and I'd need to install everything too.  Idling is fine from what I can tell though.

OK, back to the start. Can you put all your settings back to normal (including RAM, OC, any tweaks you may have done) and run a graphics benchmark like 3DMark Vantage (or newer) and see if you still encouter out of the ordinary results. If not, then LoL is the problem here. Otherwise, you may have to do a fresh install with all the drivers and rerun the bench.

So i that order : 

• Run bench

If not, continue :

• Rerun Bench.

If not, continue :

• Do a fresh install of Windows including ONLY the drivers and the bench utility.
  • Run bench.

If not, continue :

When all this is done in that order, you should have a better idea of what's wrong.

I have no stress test.

For stress testing, you can get the Heaven or Valley benchmark. 

Heaven: http://unigine.com/products/heaven/

Valley: http://unigine.com/products/valley/

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

sounds like a faulty card. or motherboard

do you have virtumvp running by chance?

That could be over riding the Nvidia card with the on chip graphics.??

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Hey guys - I recently upgraded my computer and now I have 2 screens.  Considering I have a GTX680 I'm surprised that I can't run 2 monitors without any lagg?  I'm playing League of Legends but I'm only getting 20-40 fps instead of 60 on a single monitor.  My friends have worse off GPU's and they can run 2 monitors in 60 fps still.

Specs:

CPU - Intel Core i7 4770k

Mobo - Asus Sabertooth Z87

RAM - 16Gb DDR3 1866Mhz 

PSU - AX 860W Platinum

HDD - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Black x 2, 1TB Samsung and 60Gb SSD

GPU - 2GB GByte GTX680 OC WindForce3

Case - Corsair C70 White

Cooling - H110

Monitors - 2 23"

Keyboard - Corsair K60.

Mouse - Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red Edition.

Headphones - Gamecom 780's. 

EDIT:

I tried it with a single monitor and it's the exact same.

I tried back dating my drivers.  No luck.

I tried re-updating my drivers.  No luck.

Overclocked and lost a hard drive in the process.  I am now 1TB down.

you probably have onboard graphics on -_-

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

you probably have onboard graphics on -_-

No. He would not be outputting to his video cards if that were the case.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Not if virtuamvp is running it can over ride the graphics card so it uses the on chip cpu instead.

No. He would not be outputting to his video cards if that were the case.

just sayin it happend to me before .

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

check if its installed, if it is remove it

That rules out its using the On Chip graphics then, looking more like a motherboard, CPU or GPU fault then, you need to try the GPU in your old rig to rule it out.

How would I know please?

How do I check please?

Go into your bios and look for the setting.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

That rules out its using the On Chip graphics then, looking more like a motherboard, CPU or GPU fault then, you need to try the GPU in your old rig to rule it out.

I'm really busy so I will have to swap it all out later on or Sunday at the latest.

Go into your bios and look for the setting.

Doing it soon

Take out one of your RAM sticks try it, then do the same with the other one.

So i that order : 

• Run bench

If not, continue :

• Rerun Bench.

If not, continue :

• Run bench.

If not, continue :

I put it all in another system and it works fine now.  Uhm?

That's why I said Take out one of your RAM modules try it with one and then the other to see which one is bad.

I'm 90% sure it's bad RAM.

Do you have vertical sync enabled in the game, i wonder if it is getting confused with one of the monitors somehow. (i don't play LoL so not sure about what graphics options you have).