I upgraded and now I lagg? [SOLVED]

TaiGeXGaming
Go to solution Solved by Godlygamer23,

Suppose you try disabling all of the C states and Speedstep. Does that make a difference?

That could be it... Do you know how to change it?

I just changed it in BIOS.  It said it was at 1333Mhz, so I changed it to 1866 but in Speccy right now, it says that I have it clocked at 901Mhz.  I just overclocked my CPU but for some reason it didn't save and it's really annoying, what's going on?!

ill download the program and see if it shows the right speeds for me.

What program could I use instead please?

What motherboard do you have?

Also, the correct terminology is PCI-E. PCI is the legacy slot from years and years ago.

It doesn't matter. If they are all PCI slots, just the ones with "E" are faster. The card wouldn't even power up in a standard PCI slot. I'm pretty sure if people are intelligent enough to find this forum then they are intelligent enough to understand what I meant. 

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Whaaaaaaat my MSi control center says 667 but BIOS says 1600 mhz

wierd...

Did you overclock your harddrive? :P

Ha, no.  I overclocked my CPU to 4.2 but for some reason it's gone back to 3.5, or maybe I overclocked the turbo however I have no idea how to use the turbo feature.  The RAM is still a problem, but I overclocked it to 1666 I believe.

It doesn't matter. If they are all PCI slots, just the ones with "E" are faster. The card wouldn't even power up in a standard PCI slot. I'm pretty sure if people are intelligent enough to find this forum then they are intelligent enough to understand what I meant. 

It does matter. PCI slots are effectively reversed. Someone might come along and try putting their card in a PCI slot. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

It's in the top slot, so I'm hoping that that is the PCI-E 16x slot.

Yes. Well, the full length top slot anyways.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Also, the program might be reading your non-effective RAM speeds. 901*2=1802MHz. If that is the case, then your RAM was operating at around 1.2-1.3GHz effectively, which would not cause slowdowns. 

In the Nvidia Settings Panel there is an option (at the 3D settings tab) which says something like Multi Display / mixed GPU, is "multi monitor performance" selected there?

(Sry i can't tell you the names accuratly, mine is in german)

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

You only have 2GB of VRAM and that is not really enough for a newer games even on a single 1080p monitor, so you will have to get a GTX 780 or some sort of gaming GPU which has at least 3GB of VRAM. Other options are: lower your settings or get rid of the second monitor.

That is veryvery wrong

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

In the Nvidia Settings Panel there is an option (at the 3D settings tab) which says something like Multi Display / mixed GPU, is "multi monitor performance" selected there?

You are 100% correct with the naming.

Yes it's selected.

That is veryvery wrong

We covered that

You are 100% correct with the naming.

Yep