Quick Javascript question

minibois
Go to solution Solved by Jeroen1322,

Your PC. 

When you open a website with JavaScript, your browser opens the .JS file(s) and then you know, follow the instructions the file(s) give. Your browser does the work. With like PHP, what is server-sideded your browser gets the result from PHP running on the server. 

When you have a PHP and you want to activate it you have to have a server or a localhost thingy with like XAMMP.

Are Javascript scripts ran on your PC or the server?

Probably a dumb question and I suspect your own PC, since you download the .js file (your browser) and it runs it.

But just to be sure :)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Your PC. 

When you open a website with JavaScript, your browser opens the .JS file(s) and then you know, follow the instructions the file(s) give. Your browser does the work. With like PHP, what is server-sideded your browser gets the result from PHP running on the server. 

When you have a PHP and you want to activate it you have to have a server or a localhost thingy with like XAMMP.

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Your PC. 

Thanks. Was pretty sure on this, but just started Javascript development and wanted some confirmation 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

JavaScript is generally used as a client side language.  There are other languages that use server side processing for example Ruby on Rails is a server side as well as PHP.  

Just to add to this, there are a large number of web servers using JavaScript as the server side language, some of the more popular being Node.js and ASP(Yes, you can use JS with ASP). But in the majority of cases still, JavaScript is solely client side although Node is becoming quite popular 

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop