I'm trying to find the save game location for GTA V so I can transfer it to my laptop. Anybody have a clue where I can find it? 

I'm trying to find the save game location for GTA V so I can transfer it to my laptop. Anybody have a clue where I can find it? 

Maybe you can look here:

C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\Documents\My Games

A lot of times Steam stores save locations here

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just quoting what @desuvult posted...

I found it. The save files are actually a little deeper than that in the directory. Go into the profiles folder in C:\Users\username\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\ and drill down until you see the SGTA and PGTA files. There will be several. Take all of them and move them to the SAME location of the other machine.

By doing this, you're only taking the save files and not the PC config files as well. The PC config on my laptop are different than my desktop, so I don't want those files coming across.. which would happen if you pulled over the whole folder.

• 1 year later...

I had to copy also the folders Socialclub and Steam from ProgramData in the c: folder which can be hidden, unhide in the view menu option. Then all progress was copied! ;)