Experiences with non-techies

35 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Wait so you're telling me that all our sh*tposting was for nothing and that all our sh*tposts were just spamming stuff on page 1k?

Hide contents

@themctipers crap we gotta step up our game now it doesn't matter if you or I get the first post on the REAL page 1k that shows up for members and not those mod people it it just matters that one of us does we have to make sure that guy Da Nut417 doesn't get it.

Spoiler

Mod pages don't really count because we can't see them ;) so just keep a little conversation in spoilers or something.. Antoine else reading -- join in! 

Easy shitposting points. Have an image

image.jpeg

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

5 minutes ago, Pesukarhu said:

Hide contents

Shh

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

8 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

god damn it... 

No none of that.  This is off topic and heading fast into the rule breaking territory

Wait what did he post? 0_0

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

8 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

god damn it... 

No none of that. This is off topic and heading fast into the rule breaking territory

It was in the rule breaking territory*

Non-tech moment of me and my friend:

Me and said friend were rebuilding a new PC of my other friend who had never built a PC before (it has an APU with the wraith cooler, 32GBs of RAM (blame his dad) and a decentish motherboard in a Fractal Design Core 1100) and the cables where literally everywhere. After rerouting all the cables, we plugged it in and we're waiting for a POST when we realised there was no power going to the board. After moving to his living room where there was more light we tried everything except reconnecting the motherboard/CPU power connectors when my friend realised the CPU power cable was in the socket upside down. Do not ask me how that happened, but we're surprised it worked afterwards, but more so at the fact at he was able to plug it in upside down in the first place. 

4 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Probably some yiff

Yay post count at 1060(0)

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

32 minutes ago, themctipers said:

Shhh

dont argue against the apple faithful ;) 

(also 6+ only? :()

((also why data roaming? Doesn't your carrier cover your area pretty well? If anything comparing data limits a better)

Sorry , what a eant to say that she has internet on her phone vs mike having.

and she is 16 while im 19........

(⌐■_■) 

Just now, TheRandomness said:

It was in the rule breaking territory*

Non-tech moment of me and my friend:

Me and said friend were rebuilding a new PC of my other friend who had never built a PC before (it has an APU with the wraith cooler, 32GBs of RAM (blame his dad) and a decentish motherboard in a Fractal Design Core 1100) and the cables where literally everywhere. After rerouting all the cables, we plugged it in and we're waiting for a POST when we realised there was no power going to the board. After moving to his living room where there was more light we tried everything except reconnecting the motherboard/CPU power connectors when my friend realised the CPU power cable was in the socket upside down. Do not ask me how that happened, but we're surprised it worked afterwards, but more so at the fact at he was able to plug it in upside down in the first place. 

Probably some yiff

**sfwish yiffish

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, Ridska said:

Sorry , what a eant to say that she has internet on her phone vs mike having.

Can you reword it?

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 hours ago, DocSwag said:

It was just a topless man with a very hairy chest.

Very being an understatement.

Linus is my fetish.

20 hours ago, Ridska said:

snip

i agree and i laugh

I am a heartless bitch

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

On August 22, 2016 at 6:21 AM, Lurick said:

Well I know where I'm moving to, brb.

Where is this magical place?  ?

On August 23, 2016 at 4:07 PM, Wed15septoid2 said:

(Keep in mind this was in 2014) So this girl in one of my classes at school told me she wanted to build her own computer and asked me for help. I asked her what exactly she wanted to do on it, She replied by saying that she wanted a pc that is good for gaming. There was nothing going on in class so I proceeded to jump on amazon and long story short I ended up with 4 Titan Xs in sli, 128gb of corsair DDR4 2133mhz ram, an intel Core i7 5960x, an asus X99 motherboard, a pclabs case, and an corsair H100i. When I told her that I had it all picked out. She came over and saw that the amazon cart was litterally costing around $7000 she said that she would think about it. The next day she showed up with a 2013 Razer Blade.

Was she just trying mess with you or was she serious?

If she was joking I'd say your response was appropriate but if she was serious I'd ask why you didn't help her with a real build.

On August 23, 2016 at 8:13 PM, DocSwag said:

My first took around 3 hours for the building part (note that I spent around 45 minutes on trying to figure out my 212 evo xD), but in total it probably took 7-8 because I spent around 5 hours trying to figure out why Windows couldn't install (it turned out to be because I had legacy enabled but I needed to put it on uefi only).

Upgrading my prebuilt desktop took 3 days.  ?

But that's because didn't have the proper tools and I started too late on the first day to go get a nut driver and motherboard standoff screws.  Then day two I had to stop for the day when I realized I didn't have screws for the HDD/SSD bays.  So I had to wait until day 3 to get the HDD/SSD bay screws and finish rebuilding my computer.

Lesson learned: Make sure you have EVERYTHING you need BEFORE starting a build or upgrade.  lol

Just now, Bleedingyamato said:

Upgrading my prebuilt desktop took 3 days.  

But that's because didn't have the proper tools and I started too late on the first day to go get a nut driver and motherboard standoff screws.  Then day two I had to stop for the day when I realized I didn't have screws for the HDD/SSD bays.  So I had to wait until day 3 to get the HDD/SSD bay screws and finish rebuilding my computer.

Lesson learned: Make sure you have EVERYTHING you need BEFORE starting a build or upgrade.  lol

find a spare psu

unscrew it

??
free screws

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

On August 23, 2016 at 11:11 PM, Donut417 said:

Its against Apples terms of service to install Mac OS on anything other than Apple hardware.  Apple has the legal right to pursue legal action in these cases. They dont do this, maybe because they want to be the bigger person. 

Apple doesn't care about being the bigger person.  Companies love to step on individual people or other companies that do things they don't like.

Apple:

1. Probably doesn't consider it cost effective to hunt down every Hackintosh user and seek legal prosecution.

and 2: they have no way to tell if a MacOS/OS X (whatever it's supposed to be called) user is using the OS on Apple hardware or not so there's no way to identify who is using Hackintoshes.

So while they'd likely want to stop people from making Hackintoshes there's really nothing Apple can do unless there's a way for them to make MacOS only run on Apple hardware.  

Which if there was Apple would've done it already to lock down the usage of its OS. 

On August 24, 2016 at 8:22 AM, wkdpaul said:

Thanks for that, I didn't read the Vice article though I knew about it.

One thing I wasn't aware was the fact that, in the end, the author recommends Apple ... for a gaming PC ...

1000% Nope!  lol

Apple computers are as good for gaming as a toaster would be.  ?

1 hour ago, themctipers said:

find a spare psu

unscrew it

??
free screws

I didn't want to use the crap screws that came with the cheap POS PSU that I was swapping out because they were cheaply made and I scratched the hell out of them removing them to get the old PSU out.

Also, I needed more than 4 screws anyway.

Luckily a local computer repair shop just gave me some for free.  Just about about the only good thing about them.  lol

(Their prices are WAAY too high to be reasonable.)

On 2/4/2016 at 0:12 AM, DirtyDane said:

mine technically restricts logging into any service at all. (i just login to chrome and remote into home instead so much easier)

But they block that too :c

Magical Pineapples

5 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Where is this magical place?  ?

Chattanooga, TN

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

21 hours ago, themctipers said:

Can you reword it?

Sorry , What i meant to say that she has internet on her phone vs mike having.

Confused data roaming vs just ahving 4g .

(⌐■_■) 

20 hours ago, Bhav said:

It was just a topless man with a very hairy chest.

Very being an understatement.

Wait, so you only posted a selfie?

Spoiler

I mean judging from your profile pic you seem like a hairy guy...

Spoiler

I'm assuming your profile pic is you

Spoiler

I think I totally ruined it with these spoilers now xD 

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

Receives free galaxy s7 case, reviews it, blames Samsung when OLED breaks after being dropped (and calls it a digitizer).

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

58 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Wait, so you only posted a selfie?

Hide contents

I mean judging from your profile pic you seem like a hairy guy...

Hide contents

I'm assuming your profile pic is you

Hide contents

I think I totally ruined it with these spoilers now xD 

Nooo it wasnt me lol. I posted the picture I posted in the LGBT thread.

Linus is my fetish.

2 hours ago, BingoFishy said:

Receives free galaxy s7 case, reviews it, blames Samsung when OLED breaks after being dropped (and calls it a digitizer).

Also, the case is waterproof in up to 1 meter of water and up to ten minutes, whereas the s7 itself is rated ip68 and can take up to 30 minutes in 1.5 meters of water lol... He says how great it is that the case is waterproof yet the s7 itself is more waterproof than the case xD 

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

That is not how it works buddy

Screenshot 2016-08-26 18.43.25.png

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus