Experiences with non-techies

Just now, NunoLava1998 said:

Probably beacuse of the heat and the microwaves which crap the f*ck out of the phone.

ooh ok, that is what i think

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

On 8/17/2016 at 11:58 AM, 4eks1s said:

My friend said this.

If you have surround sound system with 9 subwoofers and you add another subwoofer,  you get 1 regular speaker. 

He proved it by adding 0.1 to 5.9 it makes 6.0. I am not sure how to respond. Please help me. 

Well easy solution for that.

If you have a 5.9 setup and you add 1 sub (0.1) you end up with 5.10

There is a dot between the 2 numbers, not a comma whch means they aren't 1 number but 2 numbers seperated by a dot.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1 hour ago, NunoLava1998 said:

Probably beacuse of the heat and the microwaves which crap the f*ck out of the phone.

1 hour ago, DeezNoNos said:

ooh ok, that is what i think

It's definitely because of the battery, just Google "lithium battery explosion" or "lithium battery fire" and you'll see that those things are VERY dangerous when they overheat!

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

My friend said Rainmeter sucks after I showed him my desktop because he only used wisp and the stock skins and also didn't know how to move skins around apparently. I told him where to download one of my skins and now he's happy. If you want to see my desktop, open the spoiler. I'm proud of it :)

Spoiler

2016-08-17.png

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

Just now, BingoFishy said:

My friend said Rainmeter sucks after I showed him my desktop because he only used wisp and the stock skins and also didn't know how to move skins around apparently. I told him where to download one of my skins and now he's happy. If you want to see my desktop, open the spoiler. I'm proud of it :)

Hide contents

2016-08-17.png

lmao

how did you setup the time and date. :P 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

lmao

how did you setup the time and date. :P 

I'm using Elegance2 for the time and date.

Specs:

I'm using Elegance2 for the time and date.

another chrome tab

someone teach me how to use bookmarks xD 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

another chrome tab

someone teach me how to use bookmarks xD 

Capture.PNG

I've got that down too. There's a few subsections under "Other bookmarks" but I don't know how to keep that open while using snipping tool.

Specs:

Capture.PNG

I've got that down too. There's a few subsections under "Other bookmarks" but I don't know how to keep that open while using snipping tool.

oh. i just keep the tab open until i dont need it

and thats why i have 16gb utilization in chrome.

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

3 minutes ago, themctipers said:

oh. i just keep the tab open until i dont need it

and thats why i have 16gb utilization in chrome.

Well I literally have 10 different extensions but I actually use (most of) them so yeah. I was trying to  make you feel better about yourself but it didn't really work.

Specs:

I thought this was quite funny. So I saw this in the tech news and reviews earlier

So I checked out the source and oh man, that site is hilarious. Just look at their article: http://techviral.com/kaby-lake-processors-wont-need-graphics-card/

Anyhow, these were my comments on that article. 

Spoiler

Whoever wrote that article clearly is a tech noob. Lemme quote Techviral:

"If we have a look at our Intel’s integrated graphics processor, then they have failed to deliver performances like Nvidia Titan X or Radeon Pro SSD."

What the hell? Why are you talking about the radeon pro ssd? First of all it's ssg; second of all that's a board that hasn't even been sent to early devs yet, not to mention it's not even meant for gaming!!! 

Next, just check out this paragraph, "A graphics processing unit (GPU), also occasionally called visual processing unit (VPU), is a specialized electronic circuit designed to rapidly manipulate and alter memory to accelerate the creation of images in a frame buffer intended for output to a display. GPUs are used in embedded systems, mobile phones, personal computers, workstations and game consoles."

Now check Wikipedia: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_processing_unit

Whoever wrote this must be pretty non-techie if they had to copy something from Wikipedia lol. 

This is only getting better guys. 

"The best part is the 7th gen Core processor swiftly handled the 4K GoPro videos and showed us the gameplay of the Game Overwatch without any need for a GPU."

At the beginning they say the Kaby Lake iGPU can handle 4k with ease. The only 4k thing that apparently was actually showed was playing a video. I'm pretty sure that most iGPUs today can handle 4k video playback... 

Oh yeah, I think I forgot to mention they have no source whatsoever, and don't give Wikipedia credit for that copy and pasted paragraph. 

Basically, Techviral is actually Technoob. 

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

17 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

I thought this was quite funny. So I saw this in the tech news and reviews earlier

So I checked out the source and oh man, that site is hilarious. Just look at their article: http://techviral.com/kaby-lake-processors-wont-need-graphics-card/

Anyhow, these were my comments on that article. 

Hide contents

Whoever wrote that article clearly is a tech noob. Lemme quote Techviral:

"If we have a look at our Intel’s integrated graphics processor, then they have failed to deliver performances like Nvidia Titan X or Radeon Pro SSD."

What the hell? Why are you talking about the radeon pro ssd? First of all it's ssg; second of all that's a board that hasn't even been sent to early devs yet, not to mention it's not even meant for gaming!!! 

Next, just check out this paragraph, "A graphics processing unit (GPU), also occasionally called visual processing unit (VPU), is a specialized electronic circuit designed to rapidly manipulate and alter memory to accelerate the creation of images in a frame buffer intended for output to a display. GPUs are used in embedded systems, mobile phones, personal computers, workstations and game consoles."

Now check Wikipedia: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_processing_unit

Whoever wrote this must be pretty non-techie if they had to copy something from Wikipedia lol. 

This is only getting better guys. 

"The best part is the 7th gen Core processor swiftly handled the 4K GoPro videos and showed us the gameplay of the Game Overwatch without any need for a GPU."

At the beginning they say the Kaby Lake iGPU can handle 4k with ease. The only 4k thing that apparently was actually showed was playing a video. I'm pretty sure that most iGPUs today can handle 4k video playback... 

Oh yeah, I think I forgot to mention they have no source whatsoever, and don't give Wikipedia credit for that copy and pasted paragraph. 

Basically, Techviral is actually Technoob. 

Also, no fucking shit it comes out this year September. It's always been this way

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

People don't understand open back headphones:

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

HD558 vvv

Capture3.PNG

Capture5.PNG

(he replies to a comment saying he knew what he was getting into - still makes no sense)

Capture6.PNG

(below unrelated to open-backness but still stupid)

Capture4.PNG

I think there are more but I need to stop. I need to go to bed or something.

Specs:

The people that created the code part for Scratch.

NO. JUST NO. It literally takes so much for something simple to work, and the simple and easy and understandable one somehow doesn't work. 

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

20 hours ago, BingoFishy said:

- sniperoo -

Thank goodness I got the HD429s instead. :^)

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

My brother saw the additional monitor I just got and proceeds to ask why I got it since no one needs more than 1 monitor.  Ever.  

Godoka he's so stupid...  ?

I'm not doing a dual monitor setup on my main desktop yet at least.  I got it because I have 2 desktops and a Mac mini currently with plans to build at least 1-2 more desktops in the future.  I got this new monitor so I don't have to keep sharing 1 monitor between 3 computers.  ?

Edit: My parents said today that they think I'm hoarding monitors because I bought this second one I'm talking about in this post.

Idk about anyone else but I'm pretty sure 2 monitors does NOT constitute "hoarding.*   ?

Edited by Bleedingyamato
Added more funny stupid things my family said. lol

On 8/13/2016 at 9:55 AM, Lurick said:

More like 7 Megabit. The fastest consumer grade internet offered in the US right now is 2Gbps by Comcast and that costs $300.00/month

See for yourself: https://epb.com/home-store/internet

IT'S A PRANK BRO!!!

Intel Core Duo T2300E / 1.66 GHz

512 MB DDR2 SRAM

60 GB HDD

Intel GMA 950

I was looking for if its possible to get flat / low profile CPU power cables as mine obstruct fan placement on the bottom side of my radiator, but all I came across was this 'CPU/Monitor power extension cord' ...

https://www.amazon.com/Monitor-Power-Extension-Rotating-Black/dp/B00CYUJ0UK

No, I dont think thats for an actual 'CPU', obviously they think a PC = CPU.

Linus is my fetish.

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Well I know where I'm moving to, brb.

Same. 

Also a tech failure..

image.png

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

On 14-8-2016 at 10:03 AM, wadoryu said:

"don't download anything".

The biggest problem with non-techies and windows PC's is always

"O look, "SpeedupmyPC", that for sure must make my PC faster!"

"Oh look, this random dogy webpage is telling me I have registry problems that make my PC vulnerable to hackers, this free program called "MLG Registry mega superfixer pro enterprise ultimate edition" will fix all of them for free!"

And the worst of all:

"Oh look, let me download this random program from the internet and tick all boxes without even reading what they say!"

On ‎17‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 7:58 PM, 4eks1s said:

My friend said this.

If you have surround sound system with 9 subwoofers and you add another subwoofer,  you get 1 regular speaker. 

He proved it by adding 0.1 to 5.9 it makes 6.0. I am not sure how to respond. Please help me. 

I think he's just confused about the term 5.1 surround sound.

5.1 surround sound has 5 main speakers - Front Centre, Front Left and Right, Rear/Surround Left and Right

The .1 refers to the subwoofer HOWEVER it is not counted as a full speaker because it is receiving the same signal as the Centre speaker (It's only physically reproducing the lower frequencies.

You friend's mentality is that adding another subwoofer adds .1 to the name. (e.g. 4 subwoofers = 5.4 Surround Sound) and that having 10 subwoofers adds a whole 1 to the name. This, for obvious reasons and the sake of naming conventions, is wrong.

Please educate your friend on the concept of naming conventions and why they exist. And then bash him over the head with his 9 FREAKINNG SUBWOOFERS.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY

Le USD $300 Second Hand Potato

CPU: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8GHz Motherboard: Intel DP55WG RAM: 12GB Corsair Budget 1333MHz (2x2GB+2x4GB) GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 512MB Case: Cooler Master Elite Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB PSU: Cooler Master Generic 500W (came with case) Displays: 21.5" 1080p Acer G226HQL Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Mx Reds) Mouse: Logitech G502 Sound: Turtle Beach X12's Operating System: Windows 10

Yep... My peripherals cost me more than the rig itself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I like to use Inspect Element on the NHC to do some crazy things. I ask some people suggestions and they say Inspect Element is hacking. I explain it doesn't save and it only shows for me. Still insist and then "END OF DISCUSSION."

sigh

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

On 22/08/2016 at 0:29 PM, deWaardt said:

And the worst of all:

"Oh look, let me download this random program from the internet and tick all boxes without even reading what they say!"

Google chrome just installed itself for the thousandth time.

This is why I will never use chrome on my PC, I keep getting it more than viruses.

Linus is my fetish.