Experiences with non-techies

1 hour ago, BingoFishy said:

It's from an earlier post where a kid's phone which was obviously LG (said LG on chin) was thought by the kid that owned it that it was a samsung.

Also it turns out the Zenfone can run windows

I don't speak german either but it makes sense.

EDIT: Actually maybe not it would help if I could speak their language. Not sure if it's german either.

not germans. seems turkish

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

5 hours ago, themctipers said:

in canada its all the same shit

except for speed. rogers is faster than bell.

haha just saw what you wrote under "location" xD

BTW, at work we had to switch back to StealUs Telus because sales reps complained that Rogers coverage was crap (at least in remote area in Qc, don't know elsewhere in Canadia!)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Just now, wkdpaul said:

BTW, at work we had to switch back to StealUs Telus because sales reps complained that Rogers coverage was crap (at least in remote area in Qc, don't know elsewhere in Canadia!)

Telus has the best coverage in Ontario and rogers is second best. My scout leader got 5 bars on rogers on silver peak Killarney

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

1.  A summer or two ago, I had decided to take a 3D design/printing class at my local high school... For the first few minutes of waiting for the instructor, everything seemed to be fine.  After we were all instructed to boot up 'our' computers, another attendee of the class raised her hand... only to ask how to turn it on.

2.  A friend asked me to choose some parts for his 'to be' gaming rig.  I had a great system configured for the price, and was wiling to assemble it without charge.  He ended up going to Best Buy and buying a Lenovo, because "it was on sale".  Awhile after that, he had wireless issues, so he reverted to/reinstalled Windows 8 from 10.  That didn't fix the problem.  He spent hours trying to fix it.  As it turned out, he just needed to connect it via Ethernet to his router in order to update the corrupt wireless drivers.  Awhile after upgrading to Windows 10, he decided that he wanted to upgrade to a better GPU.  In order to do that, the PSU needed to be replaced, as it was, after all, from a pre-built Lenovo.  Both GPU and PSU were also purchased at Best Buy, as they "seemed to be good deals".

3.  A clueless cousin of the above mentioned friend decided to build himself a PC with the help of his sketchy friend and mother (who most certainly doesn't know much of anything regarding the subject).  His "budget" was around $700.  His first pick for a CPU and GPU were the $390 i7 5820k and a $400 GTX 980.  Needless to say, he still hasn't build his proposed X99 system...

7 minutes ago, ubu said:

1.  A summer or two ago, I had decided to take a 3D design/printing class at my local high school... For the first few minutes of waiting for the instructor, everything seemed to be fine.  After we were all instructed to boot up 'our' computers, another attendee of the class raised her hand... only to ask how to turn it on.

2.  A friend asked me to choose some parts for his 'to be' gaming rig.  I had a great system configured for the price, and was wiling to assemble it without charge.  He ended up going to Best Buy and buying a Lenovo, because "it was on sale".  Awhile after that, he had wireless issues, so he reverted to/reinstalled Windows 8 from 10.  That didn't fix the problem.  He spent hours trying to fix it.  As it turned out, he just needed to connect it via Ethernet to his router in order to update the corrupt wireless drivers.  Awhile after upgrading to Windows 10, he decided that he wanted to upgrade to a better GPU.  In order to do that, the PSU needed to be replaced, as it was, after all, from a pre-built Lenovo.  Both GPU and PSU were also purchased at Best Buy, as they "seemed to be good deals".

3.  A clueless cousin of the above mentioned friend decided to build himself a PC with the help of his sketchy friend and mother (who most certainly doesn't know much of anything regarding the subject).  His "budget" was around $700.  His first pick for a CPU and GPU were the $390 i7 5820k and a $400 GTX 980.  Needless to say, he still hasn't build his proposed X99 system...

in the ratings they need a facepalm thing.

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

4.  Walked into Best Buy a couple of years ago.  I decided to ask one of their knowledgeable employees if a particular model of desktop (that was right there, in the store) utilized the AM3+ socket.  Said knowledgeable employee responded with a straightforward "I don't Know", then proceeded to walk back to his desk, where he just stood there, doing nothing.

Just now, ubu said:

4.  Walked into Best Buy a couple of years ago.  I decided to ask one of their knowledgeable employees if a particular model of desktop (that was right there, in the store) utilized the AM3+ socket.  Said knowledgeable employee responded with a straightforward "I don't Know", then proceeded to walk back to his desk, where he just stood there, doing nothing.

facepalm button??????????

Build

Spoiler

1 hour ago, wkdpaul said:

It's all the same here in suburban land

-120 LTE Rogers or

-114 3G bell.

1 hour ago, Clanscorpia said:

Telus has the best coverage in Ontario and rogers is second best. My scout leader got 5 bars on rogers on silver peak Killarney

Telus uses bells line. 

:( sadly the areas where Rogers don't cover, nothing covers. My dad used to use Telus (pre 2012) and the areas where it wasn't covered by Rogers wasn't covered by bell also. 

But then he had to switch back to Rogers because there's no coverage at where he works. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, ubu said:

Bestbuy employees aren't hired because they actually know the stuff they are selling, they sold my friend a "gaming laptop" with a 940m, and an i3; and their prices prices on any hardware they have are always way to expensive, if they even had anything to chose from in the first place my local bestbuy only stocks r5 230s, and reference 970s for $400.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

Just now, SLAYR said:

Bestbuy employees aren't hired because they actually know the stuff they are selling, they sold my friend a "gaming laptop" with a 940m, and an i3; and their prices prices on any hardware they have are always way to expensive, if they even had anything to chose from in the first place my local bestbuy only stocks r5 230s, and reference 970s for $400.

Sounds all too familiar.

5 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

my bestbuy doesn't have computer electronics.

the 480 costs $400 here also...

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 minutes ago, purpa turta said:

YOu Can ACtuaYLY!!

http://downloadmoreram.com/

This is the Biggest FAIL I'v seen in my Live !!!

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

haha

Just heard sales reps (2 men in their 40's) talking about their respective ISP and the speed they get, somehow they called the transfer speed "megabeeps" xD

I had such a hard time holding my laugh! I swear I'm not making this up! xD

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

5 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

haha

Just heard sales reps (2 men in their 40's) talking about their respective ISP and the speed they get, somehow they called the transfer speed "megabeeps" xD

Actually megabeeps is the real deal, their internet must be crazy fast. It goes, megabits, megabytes and megabeeps.

3 hours ago, ubu said:

Only productive contribution he can provide to his work, is by wanking himself. Dumb tard too lazy to even read the stickers that's on dang nabbit desktop.

Went to a store that sold hand bags, and saw this Asian lady who just started speaking Chinese to one of the Asian employees who look like Chinese too. When that lady finished, instead of finding one of their co-workers who actually speaks Chinese, he just says with is arrogant attitude in English, I don't speak Chinese, and walks off. Dumb tard don't like job, then quit and lets someone else do it.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

On 7/20/2016 at 2:24 AM, DeezNoNos said:

28nm*

No the 810 was manufactured on 20nm, which was why it was so horrible. Planar transistors just aren't suitable for anything below 28nm!

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

7 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

haha

7 hours ago, cummerou1 said:

Actually megabeeps is the real deal, their internet must be crazy fast. It goes, megabits, megabytes and megabeeps.

Ha, low tiers. My Internet is so fast it's measured in megaboops! Low tier megabeep users..... *sigh*get_on_my_level-1492068.jpg

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Ouh Ouh Ouh i have 1

My bio teacher thing that very .bat file or and another extension which is not a picture, video, file or folder is a virus. At times even .exes with no icon. She was about to delete my win7 installation files from the usb i use to install windows saying it was a virus. 

Since i have got the projector working on her laptop, she say i some how "broke it" for no reason. she is always scared that i have a virus in my computer(i did have malware but i took care of it). 

Even when virus are even that bad, just have anti virus a normal virus is fine. U know the ones with torrents and stuff. 

Build

Spoiler

18 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

Ouh Ouh Ouh i have 1

My bio teacher thing that very .bat file or and another extension which is not a picture, video, file or folder is a virus. At times even .exes with no icon. She was about to delete my win7 installation files from the usb i use to install windows saying it was a virus. 

Since i have got the projector working on her laptop, she say i some how "broke it" for no reason. she is always scared that i have a virus in my computer(i did have malware but i took care of it). 

Even when virus are even that bad, just have anti virus a normal virus is fine. U know the ones with torrents and stuff. 

is it better than my teacher? his computer had a virus and then that virus went onto my usb

after it went onto my usb, i plugged it into my computer and when i did i opened my file (grade file thing.pdf) and after I did, chrome's homepage changed for no reason and I couldn't change it back (didn't seem like there was a virus)

So after I restarted, there was a fucking virus. I booted into windows safe mode and tried to remove the virus but there were a fuck ton, it litereallly hid everywhere and there were 2 rootkits

i finally got the time ti install windows 10 again :P

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.