Experiences with non-techies

*censored* said
Hope Mine Can Run it :(

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti
RAM: 32 GB

I think you can't. :/ You'll need a upgrade mate. Your RAM and GPU are shitty, your CPU maybe could support 2k citizen before it lags like hell.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K
GPU: GTX 970
RAM: 16GB

i saw that on a forum

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

13 hours ago, Bhav said:

Right, well, I was gonna say my Pentium G4400 is faster than my I7 hex cores because it boots in 5 seconds, while my X99 rig normally takes over 10 seconds (when it was last working).

X99 has always had slow boot times, I have no clue why it just does there have been several topics on this forum about it.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

6 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Anybody still with a 4S or a 4 should rethink their interaction with technology.

there are no absolutes like this ... my father in law use a 4s, he needed a new phone, it was either the 4s that was collecting dust at home or buying a new flip phone. He only needs a flip phone, so the 4s was more than enough for his needs. ;)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Currently on page 36 and I have to say that some of these things are really stupid. I mean I have met some stupid people in my classes, like someone thought that Argentina was a CONTINENT in SOUTH AFRICA (bare in mind we were 15 and in top set geography...), but some of this stuff is just rediculious. It amazes me how stupid some people are...

Also, another story, most of my friends think that my PC is like amazing cos it can run CS:GO on max settings 60fps, even when I tell them that I don't even have a graphics card. (A10 7870k instead).

6 hours ago, NunoLava1998 said:
*censored* said
Hope Mine Can Run it :(

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti
RAM: 32 GB

I think you can't. :/ You'll need a upgrade mate. Your RAM and GPU are shitty, your CPU maybe could support 2k citizen before it lags like hell.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K
GPU: GTX 970
RAM: 16GB

i saw that on a forum

So someone's idea of an "upgrade" was to take out half the RAM? lol

How does a 780 ti compare to a 970?  

12 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

So someone's idea of an "upgrade" was to take out half the RAM? lol

How does a 780 ti compare to a 970?  

he's actually proposing a downgrade in every regards!

the 970 is slightly slower than the 780ti;

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1441?vs=1595

Does anyone else think that the biggest fanboys for a brand usually have no idea what they are talking about?

So I was playing an online game and someone asked for gpu suggestions to run the game better, the guy was suggested at first triple 980tis, and a gtx 1080 because "A single 1080 is three times better then a 980ti." The most ironic thing was the game didn't have multi-gpu support, and the guy who asked the question only had a r7 250, and an athlon cpu.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

57 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

he's actually proposing a downgrade in every regards!

the 970 is slightly slower than the 780ti;

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1441?vs=1595

The difference does seem very small.  Though being a new generation card wouldn't the 970 have improvements to its design that would make it preferable despite the few fps difference vs. 780 ti?  

Lower power use, more VRAM, those cuda things, etc.?

7 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

The difference does seem very small.  Though being a new generation card wouldn't the 970 have improvements to its design that would make it preferable despite the few fps difference vs. 780 ti?  

It is pretty much the same thing as going from a 390 to a 480, they have about the same performance, but the newer card will always be slightly better, and will also have longer driver support ad well as more of "those cuda things"

31 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

small or not, the 780ti is still slightly faster, just look in the video card section and you'll see people fighting for less than that! xD

But I would totally agree to say they are similar in performance, either way, going from a 780ti to a 970 shouldn't be called an upgrade! ;)

13 hours ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

People who own iPhone 6's asked if my OPPO Mirror 5s was an iPhone 6. People just turn off their brains sometimes. 

To be fair, it does look very similar from the front. 

Oppo-Mirror-5.jpg

If they saw the back and thought so, slap 'em

iPhone: apparenly -120 3G is easier to sustain a connection then -112 LTE

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

13 minutes ago, themctipers said:

iPhone: apparenly -120 3G is easier to sustain a connection then -112 LTE

how do u take a nano sim out of a mirco sim slot

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

1 minute ago, DeezNoNos said:

how do u take a nano sim out of a mirco sim slot

My dad thought that cutting a full sized sim for Rogers to a micro sim would activate my bell iPhone 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

54 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

small or not, the 780ti is still slightly faster, just look in the video card section and you'll see people fighting for less than that! xD

But I would totally agree to say they are similar in performance, either way, going from a 780ti to a 970 shouldn't be called an upgrade! ;)

Yeah aside from any design changes it's more of a lateral move.

More stupidity from this forum...

User complain about lower FPS than expected with his new 1070 ... Everyone jump in saying even a 6700k will bottleneck a 1070 and so he should 100% get the top of the line Skylake CPU and motherboard and dump the hardware he currently has...

*sigh*

That's why I'll never make a thread asking for help here. :(

Just now, wkdpaul said:

User complain about lower FPS than expected with his new 1070 ... Everyone jump in saying even a 6700k will bottleneck a 1070 and so he should 100% get the top of the line Skylake CPU and motherboard and dump the hardware he currently has...

*sigh*

he had some 6xxx amd chip

and he was saying his 780ti > 1070.

but i dont think i saw anyone say a 6700k would bottleneck.

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

37 minutes ago, themctipers said:

He has a 8350, his previous card was a 770 and he's getting lower FPS with the 1070, and yes, people have said that even a 6700k would bottleneck a 1070 (Not gonna bother digging that up, but I guarantee it's there).

The whole point was that he had lower FPS with the 1070, the CPU has  nothing to do with that. If the CPU would bottleneck the GPU that much, then he should have similar FPS, not lower.

I sent him a PM but he seems very confused and seems to believe he really needs a i7 ...

7 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

*sigh*

7 hours ago, themctipers said:

I see plenty of this, it makes me cry. 

Also lots of people jumping on Mobile phones because they don't have an SD820, Micro SD, removable 10,000mAh battery, 5000x3000 OLED display, and 5000TB of NVMe SSD storage. No one here cares about user experience on devices, which is all that matters. 

54 minutes ago, Belgarathian said:

I see plenty of this, it makes me cry. 

Also lots of people jumping on Mobile phones because they don't have an SD820, Micro SD, removable, 10,000mAh battery, 5000x3000 OLED display, and 5000TB of NVMe SSD storage. No one here cares about user experience on devices, which is all that matters. 

you forgot LTE ... xD

I only mention LTE because my previous phone was a cheap Mediatek no-name 5in 720p phone and my brother's only problem with it was the fact that it was only 3G capable (no LTE) lol

Just now, wkdpaul said:

you forgot LTE ... xD

I only mention LTE because my previous phone was a cheap Mediatek no-name 5in 720p phone and my brother's only problem with it was the fact that it was only 3G capable (no LTE) lol

Well 3G is annoyingly slow compared to LTE.  I'd used the Internet on my mother's old iPhone (I forget the model.  Maybe a 3s?) and it sucked from being so slow.  Then a couple years ago I got my first iPhone (a 5s) and the Internet is so much faster.  My phone has dropped to 3G when I'm apparently not in a Verison LTE so I've had a chance to compare to roughly get an impression of relative speed between 3G and LTE even on the same phone.  

1 hour ago, wkdpaul said:

He has a 8350, his previous card was a 770 and he's getting lower FPS with the 1070, and yes, people have said that even a 6700k would bottleneck a 1070 (Not gonna bother digging that up, but I guarantee it's there).

The whole point was that he had lower FPS with the 1070, the CPU has  nothing to do with that. If the CPU would bottleneck the GPU that much, then he should have similar FPS, not lower.

I sent him a PM but he seems very confused and seems to believe he really needs a i7 ...

If he's using some crap AMD CPU I assume it bottleneck a 1070.  I have a 6700K at stock speed and a 1070 and I'm positive there's no bottleneck.  If I understand it right a CPU bottleneck would be the CPU maxed or pretty close and my CPU hasn't gotten near that running anything I don't think.  

Getting an i7 would help if he's CPU bottlenrcked currently.  Though an i5 would work well too.  Heck I'm just guessing if it'd be suitable for gaming but personally I'd take an i3 over an AMD CPU any day.

I asked someone for the Android version of their phone. They told me LG Verzion 4G LTE.

The day I decided to not talk to that teacher ever.

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Also IT Dept at school thought a computer stopped working because a kid fucked it up. I went up to them and plugged it into the wall and it started. They stared at me with disgust and left the classroom.

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

16 minutes ago, Goodman2265 said:

Also IT Dept at school thought a computer stopped working because a kid fucked it up. I went up to them and plugged it into the wall and it started. They stared at me with disgust and left the classroom.

My University switched to AIOs - 

1. because it made everything more simple to setup
  2. because it stopped people stealing sticks of RAM and HDDs from the case.