Experiences with non-techies

was just reading this thread, then i saw that on fb ! it's making me think of some funny answers :P

I have a question. In my students housing the internet is by cable/wire not wifi. Anyone know how I can transfer internet from my laptop to my mobile?
Thank you in advance!

Maybe a better example would be a V8 and a straight 3-cylinder. Something like a small Toyota

Once again, 3 cylinders aren't very common in really any automobiles...

Smart cars

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

Only in America, most of Europe already embrases the three cylinder all the following models are availlable with a three cylinder powerplant

Opel Agila 1.0 ecoFlex

VW Fox 1.4 TDI

Mitsubishi Colt 1.1 ClearTec

Toyota Aygo 1.0

Peugeot 107

Citroën C1

Suzuki Alto Basic

Nissan Pixo 1.0

Smart Fortwo Coupé 1.0 mhd

Daihatsu Cuore 1.0

Toyota iQ 1.0

Hyundai i10 1.1 CRDi

Skoda Fabia 1.4 TDI

GreenLine DPF

Seat Ibiza 1.4 TDI

Ecomotive DPF

Smart Fortwo Cabrio 0.8 cdi

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Only in America, most of Europe already embrases the three cylinder all the following models are availlable with a three cylinder powerplant

Opel Agila 1.0 ecoFlex

VW Fox 1.4 TDI

Toyota Aygo 1.0

Peugeot 107

Citroën C1

Suzuki Alto Basic

Nissan Pixo 1.0

Daihatsu Cuore 1.0

Toyota iQ 1.0

Hyundai i10 1.1 CRDi

Skoda Fabia 1.4 TDI

GreenLine DPF

Seat Ibiza 1.4 TDI

Ecomotive DPF

Its shocking to think you took all that time to write something out on a COMPLETELY unrelated topic...bravo...

Christian 

Use the following style specs in your sig to spread the LTT revolution!

Rig Specs:

Screeninator: Gigabyte GeForce GTX960

Powermathingy: Corsair CX600W

Stickiminator: 2x G.Skill ARES 4GB DDR3-1866

Procrastinator: AMD FX-8350 @4.1GHz 1.3V

Holdametalicizor: DIYPC Gamemax-BK

Noisoundacreator: Cyber Acoustics CA-3072 (loudamagargle) Onn Wireless FM Radio Headset (earamagargle)

Attachamathingy: ASRock 990FX Extreme9

Remembrerthing: Western Digital 1TB Blue, Western Digital 40GB Blue

Flat-Colorful-Thing: Acer K272HL

See-A-Move-O: Logitech Hyperion Fury G402

ButtonBoard: Cooler Master CMSTORM Devastator Blue

Talkamagargle: Blue Snowball Ice

Opel Agila 1.0 ecoFlex

VW Fox 1.4 TDI

Toyota Aygo 1.0

Peugeot 107

Citroën C1

Suzuki Alto Basic

Nissan Pixo 1.0

Daihatsu Cuore 1.0

Toyota iQ 1.0

Hyundai i10 1.1 CRDi

Skoda Fabia 1.4 TDI

GreenLine DPF

Seat Ibiza 1.4 TDI

Ecomotive DPF

That's a very small list.

It's obviously not the complete list... Just because there's no market in America for these cars it doesn't mean they're rare throughout the world... 

Its shocking to think you took all that time to write something out on a COMPLETELY unrelated topic...bravo...

No time at all really it's a cut-n-paste job.  And it was a reply to three cylinder engines were VERY uncommon so not really unrelated at all.

Well unrelated to the stated thread topic "experiencies with non-techies" but not unrelated to the post I was replying to.

"This too shall pass"

Well small(ish) but hardly exhaustive.

"This too shall pass"

was just reading this thread, then i saw that on fb ! it's making me think of some funny answers :P

All he needs to do is paint one of his teeth blue.

Linus is my fetish.

In the small/first car market they're quite common, and that sort of car is a good comparison to a much more expensive sports or enthusiast-type car. This is going quite off topic, but a 1L 3-cylinder is really cheap to insure and to run

Triumph triple... GG

Anyways, back to being ON TOPIC.

Had someone at work email me directly (i work on the helpdesk) asking me to install a program for them. After asking what it was they stated it was a program to do with their job role (which was true). So I went in to install it under my domain admin credentials, and something didn't seem right... They had tried to rename a DOOM installer to a program that can be used in their job role... Like i'd fall for that :lol:

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

A man came into Best Buy while I was ordering a camera there. He came in with a nice-looking computer case. He then proceeded to ask the floor manager over and over why his computer wouldn't work. When the manager saw that he didn't actually have a computer, and just a case, he bust out laughing. So did I for that matter, and then received a very dirty look from the man. 

A lot of people tend to forget that most others ARE TERRIFIED of opening up their desktop. If he saw there were no PCBs or heatsinks inside, I'm sure he could understand why the thing doesn't work

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

So back in High school, a teacher bought a wireless mouse and didn't know how to set it up. So the teacher in question went to the tech teacher to ask how it was done. The tech teacher was like, "oh just plug in the wireless receiver into the usb port and turn the mouse on," and the teacher got all confused, and asked, "but how does it work without wires?"

Ever since then that teacher has become amazing at tech . . .

A man came into Best Buy while I was ordering a camera there. He came in with a nice-looking computer case. He then proceeded to ask the floor manager over and over why his computer wouldn't work. When the manager saw that he didn't actually have a computer, and just a case, he bust out laughing. So did I for that matter, and then received a very dirty look from the man. 

A lot of people tend to forget that most others ARE TERRIFIED of opening up their desktop. If he saw there were no PCBs or heatsinks inside, I'm sure he could understand why the thing doesn't work

Exactly this. In reference to cars, I don't know any women that has actually opened up her car hood to look at it.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

Exactly this. In reference to cars, I don't know any women that has actually opened up her car hood to look at it.

Some people just can't admire the innards of something... (PCs and cars alike)...

I mean, today's PCBs are mostly beautiful... same with well maintaned engines...

Why are you specifically refering to women? There are lots of female car enthusiasts that have plenty of experience in the field. No reason to hate on them specifically since there are also tons of males who have no clue how a car works as well. Lets please keep this thread clean of any sexism. And if you weren't trying to be sexist, I just want to say you shouldn't have specifically referred to the "Females can't car" stereotype.

Christian 

Rig Specs:

Noisoundacreator: Cyber Acoustics CA-3072 (loudamagargle) Onn Wireless FM Radio Headset (earamagargle)

Why are you specifically refering to women? There are lots of female car enthusiasts that have plenty of experience in the field. No reason to hate on them specifically since there are also tons of males who have no clue how a car works as well. Lets please keep this thread clean of any sexism. And if you weren't trying to be sexist, I just want to say you shouldn't have specifically referred to the "Females can't car" stereotype.

It's not sexist, its stereotypical. Sexism is meant to put the other gender down. Stereotypes just say common attributes relating to things. There's a difference between saying women shouldn't work on cars, and saying that they dont generally work on cars as much as men.

Back on topic, my grandfather bought a new wireless mouse, and was upset that it wasn't working. Turns out he threw out the USB adapter.

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

It's not sexist, its stereotypical. Sexism is meant to put the other gender down. Stereotypes just say common attributes relating to things. There's a difference between saying women shouldn't work on cars, and saying that they dont generally work on cars as much as men.

Its a stereotype that undermines women, and so should be considered sexist. But of course, this isn't what this thread was meant for.

Went to Best Buy the other day to mess with the employees. They had on display as their featured item a 2.2GHz i3 duo-core "Gaming" computer with no GPU. It was literally an mATX board with onboard graphics. Only had 4GB of RAM, and 500GB of HDD storage. Dare you to guess the selling price.

Christian 

Rig Specs:

Its a stereotype that undermines women, and so should be considered sexist. But of course, this isn't what this thread was meant for.

Went to Best Buy the other day to mess with the employees. They had on display as their featured item a 2.2GHz i3 duo-core "Gaming" computer with no GPU. It was literally an mATX board with onboard graphics. Only had 4GB of RAM, and 500GB of HDD storage. Dare you to guess the selling price.

500$?

500$?

More like $950

Christian 

Rig Specs:

one day, I got a computer that wasn't working, I pooped it open, and it had no cpu. I asked the client and she said, "the internet told me to get rid of it. Its an unnecessary component right?"

That's one hell of a typo you've got going on there, I hope you cleaned it up afterwards? xD

I consider myself lucky that my mother has accepted a long time ago that she's has completely no understanding of pretty much anything tech. This way I don't get these "don't touch it, you'll make it worse" barrages I've seen on here :)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!