Experiences with non-techies

Today in computing we were talking about cpus as we got a bit off topic, anyways at one point we are asked how many cores we have, one of the kids screams that his i7 has 8 cores, he realised he was wrong after everyone was staring at him.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Today in computing we were talking about cpus as we got a bit off topic, anyways at one point we are asked how many cores we have, one of the kids screams that his i7 has 8 cores, he realised he was wrong after everyone was staring at him.

But Task Manager Tells me I have :(

On a more serious note:

I can say I was tech dumb even when I had my first PC. My First problem was the computer turning on and off again, I had no idea WTF was wrong :) Learned eventually that it was my ram stick and for some reason took a few attempts of taking it out and placing it back in to make it post again and WORK!!!

After a while though when a problem does arise and I have no clue googling the answer is the best way to go.

Lets see... experience with non techies...

Dad decided to press the reset button on my PC while I was using it and then said "oh, thats what it does..." with a grin on his face...not sure if he was trolling.

My Rig:

OS: MSX CPU:Intel i5 4690K RAM: 16GB Averix Core Series  GPU: XFX R9 280X SSD:128GB Crucial M4 Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z97N Wifi Powersupply: Corsair HX750 CPU Cooler: Corsair H60i Case: Corsair 250D Monitors: Asus VE278 and Asus VW202 Keyboard: Steel Series 6G V2 Mouse: CM Sentinel Advanced Audio: Objective 2 ODAC Headphones: Senheiser HD595

But Task Manager Tells me I have :(

It's Hyper Threading. 4 Physical cores but 8 Logical ones :)

Someone kill me, now.

Had to explain to a customer that they could buy a router for $99 and use their broadband they didnt know they had. But they wanted to get a 3G hotspot which is also $99. Being 3G the data is way more expensive and they arent going to use it anywhere away from the house.

Just before a girl came in asking if her iPhone was going to be deleted because of the new iPhone 5C. I dont even know what she meant. I just overheard her. Phones gona erase all your content unless you buy the newest device... Gahh. Not even making any money.

My friend: "I've got my PS3 connected via HDMI, so I get the ultimate picture." -_-

oh i hear that alot many friend wont believe me 

that dvi / displayport is pretty much the same as hdmi without audio 

no hdmi is just better they say xD

The only way I can think of it is, the fans are pushing AMBIENT air, so the air that it's pushing is equal to whatever the ambient temperature is. Spinning a fan doesn't actually make "colder" air. I think.

Fans "cool" you off by moving the warmer air (that heats up from your skin) away from you and replacing it with the relativily colder air in the room.

oh i hear that alot many friend wont believe me 

that dvi / displayport is pretty much the same as hdmi without audio 

no hdmi is just better they say xD

whateva i still use vga : P

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2

whateva i still use vga : P

whut? with a 7870 ? your monitor doenst have hdmi or dvi?

whut? with a 7870 ? your monitor doenst have hdmi or dvi?

nope it doesn’t have T_T  but it still works so i don’t care

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

I just helped a lady with her emails on her iPad. I deleted her email account, reset it online, re-logged in...still no emails. I quickly came to the conclusion she just had no emails. So I sent her an email. It comes through instantly.

Jezz lady, Get some friends to email you or a subscription from something if you want regular emails. Gahhhh.

Someone at work who claims to be the guru asked me how fast my PC was.  I said what part, he said the processor.  I said 4.4Ghz and he's like that's it?  His friend hit 12GHz last week and when I informed him that the record was like 8.9GHz, and he's like nah he uses military components.  I said so does my MSI motherboard :)

Haha :D have a friend who says the same thing about his laptop, he says that his cpu runs at 11.08 ghz because it's a quad core that runs on 2.7ghz "per" core. He then prosedes to mock my 4,4ghz prossesor xD 

Intel 3930K @ 4,4ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair Dominator GT 16gb | EVGA GTX 680 Classified | Asus Xonar Xense | Corsair HX 1050 | Corsair H100i | Corsair Force 3 120gb | Western Digital 2tb Black |

Haha :D have a friend who says the same thing about his laptop, he says that his cpu runs at 11.08 ghz because it's a quad core that runs on 2.7ghz "per" core. He then prosedes to mock my 4,4ghz prossesor xD 

I used to add up the ghz so my old pentium 3 xeon workstation had 2 processors running at 2ghz so that means I have a 4ghz workstation.  

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

My mom was having trouble with the cable box and said it wouldn't record. So I asked her, "DId you turn it off and on again?". She says no. So I told her to do that after her show was done. Instead of doing that she gets on the phone with Time Warner and they, guess what... reboot the cable box. It works. Could of saved time just by listening to me.

So, a couple of years back, my friend was going to buy my old Xbox.. And his mother asked me if you can put Wii games in it..

I don't know if I should laugh my ass off or facepalm...

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

nope it doesn’t have T_T  but it still works so i don’t care

Linus is going to slap you  :mellow:

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Linus is going to slap you  :mellow:

but why ?

PS : i will slap him back

but why ?

PS : i will slap him back

He hates VGA.

PS: He will have Slick knock you out  B)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Having a conversation with my dad about getting a new headset, when my sister comes in.

"Why do you even need a new headset? All you listen to is dubstep anyway, why does it matter what the sound quality is like? Good headphones are so that you can hear studio sound, not the pixels jumping around"

(ACTUAL QUOTE)

And she thinks she's right because she's recorded in a studio ONCE. Suddenly that makes her a professional in sound.....

I Listen to more than dubstep!

Having a conversation with my dad about getting a new headset, when my sister comes in.

"Why do you even need a new headset? All you listen to is dubstep anyway, why does it matter what the sound quality is like? Good headphones are so that you can hear studio sound, not the pixels jumping around"

(ACTUAL QUOTE)

And she thinks she's right because she's recorded in a studio ONCE. Suddenly that makes her a professional in sound.....

Um... That's a bit mean... I mean, if you want to listen to your own music, listen to your own music..

Linus doesn't like VGA.

He hates VGA.

PS: He will have Slick knock you out  B)

but why not ?