Experiences with non-techies

you buy an AIO to cool an i3. why? you must be rich to waste money like that.

aio ??

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2

aio ??

all in one

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

what is a 32bit cpu?

I'll explain this a bit further. The processor runs in 32-bit lines of code. The only advantage to 64bit over this is that it can handle more than 4GB of RAM.

I'll explain this a bit further. The processor runs in 32-bit lines of code. The only advantage to 64bit over this is that it can handle more than 4GB of RAM.

i know that but i didn't know 32bit cpus exist. at least at this point in time. or do they? i know 32bit OS but not cpus.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

i know that but i didn't know 32bit cpus exist. at least at this point in time. or do they? i know 32bit OS but not cpus.

I guess they do exist.

I guess they do exist.

well some of them do exist ! my friend bought an i5 i guess its an 1st generation for sale one year ago ....

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

well some of them do exist ! my friend bought an i5 i guess its an 1st generation for sale one year ago ....

32bit? wat da..... i think you mean OS

32bit? wat da..... i think you mean OS

well i think it is an 32 bit as windows says it is 32 bit also more than 4 gb of ram does not get detected ! + if he trys to run 64 bit programs they just crash

well i think it is an 32 bit as windows says it is 32 bit also more than 4 gb of ram does not get detected ! + if he trys to run 64 bit programs they just crash

well of course. it is the OS not the cpu. you can simply upgrade to a 64bit version. well, reformat the PC using a 64bit installer.

well of course. it is the OS not the cpu. you can simply upgrade to a 64bit version. well, reformat the PC using a 64bit installer.

well ill try that ... but it was so easier to tell that when it was xp ...

well ill try that ... but it was so easier to tell that when it was xp ...

who even runs xp these days that is somewhat techy.

i used to run it an year ago ... my friends and family mates still use xp well why not it does the job !

almost 95 % of people use xp in my country ! they don’t wanna upgrade there systems !

hell i have even saw some dos machines working in my net provider's office !

My friend is running windows 98

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

i used to run it an year ago ... my friends and family mates still use xp well why not it does the job !

almost 95 % of people use xp in my country ! they don’t wanna upgrade there systems !

hell i have even saw some dos machines working in my net provider's office !

i mean for personal use

i mean for personal use

well many people do there is not much difference in the os besides there interface and looks the only reason i switched was cause i was pissed of changing themes of xp 

My friend is running windows 98

okay... for someone with a decent machine. you can't be running win98 on an i5.

okay... for someone with a decent machine. you can't be running win98 on an i5.

totally agree with u one of the reasons i hated 7 at that time because was my penitum 4 couldn’t even run aero on it and was always on 100% load on idle ..

totally agree with u one of the reasons i hated 7 at that time because was my penitum 4 couldn’t even run aero on it and was always on 100% load on idle ..

why would you do that...

why would you do that...

what run windows 7 on p4 ? cause i didnt had a nice pc back then and i wanted to try windows 7

My father still has a win98 computer with AGP and _ _ _ instead of PCI express. and some vodoo radeon card lol.

We dont use it, we just kept it. Blowing the dust out of it was EPIC.you can still print stuff ( if compatible ) and play some basic games and watch internet.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Some Voodoo Radeon Card.... (If only he also said ...... Nvidia lookin thing)

I'd laugh so hard if I heard an enthusiast running a store saying that....

There are plenty of uses for W98 machines. Most of my Gaming Glory days, were of that era.....ALLEYCAT!

Legendary Adventures of Fixing the PC I kept Breaking Badly :) <-- curiosity and allz :)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Some Voodoo Radeon Card.... (If only he also said ...... Nvidia lookin thing)

I'd laugh so hard if I heard an enthusiast running a store saying that....

There are plenty of uses for W98 machines. Most of my Gaming Glory days, were of that era.....ALLEYCAT!

Legendary Adventures of Fixing the PC I kept Breaking Badly :) <-- curiosity and allz :)

i still play many old games on my 7870 :P one of my favs are cave story , dangerous dave ,tee world 

I actually dropped my laptop after reading a few of these. It's a MacBook Pro. Problem?

I didn't have a GPU good enough to run some editing programs, so my friend told me to download one on my laptop.

I only ever chill on this page: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34813-experiences-with-non-techies/

If you ever spot me anywhere else, you've earned yourself an imaginary cookie  B)

So, I went over to my friends house.

He said "I have 4 GB of memory remaining, I need to install this new game (Team Fortress 2) and I need some help clearing my system."

I was like "okay, sure".

So, I checked his desktop computer, and I told him "umm... you have half a TB of storage remaining".

He was like "UGGHHHH, you butthead" and he then proceeded to point to the amount of RAM it showed his computer to have.
I walked out of his house and never, ever returned.

I only ever chill on this page: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34813-experiences-with-non-techies/

If you ever spot me anywhere else, you've earned yourself an imaginary cookie  B)

So, I went over to my friends house.

He said "I have 4 GB of memory remaining, I need to install this new game (Team Fortress 2) and I need some help clearing my system."

I was like "okay, sure".

So, I checked his desktop computer, and I told him "umm... you have half a TB of storage remaining".

He was like "UGGHHHH, you butthead" and he then proceeded to point to the amount of RAM it showed his computer to have.

I walked out of his house and never, ever returned.

You didn't think to kindly - however much effort and pain it would take - explain to him the difference between ram and storage?  :P