Experiences with non-techies

When I have to explain to people that Samsung is not equal to Android.

I hate it when I say Android to people and they are clueless as to what I am talking about, then when I say the Google mobile OS, still clueless. The thing that runs on Samsung phones.. OH THAT! 

There are other Android phones other than Samsung.... This is coming from me who has been an iOS user for 4 years!

When I have to explain to people that Samsung is not equal to Android.

I hate it when I say Android to people and they are clueless as to what I am talking about, then when I say the Google mobile OS, still clueless. The thing that runs on Samsung phones.. OH THAT! 

There are other Android phones other than Samsung.... This is coming from me who has been an iOS user for 4 years!

Huh, here everyone seems to know what Android is, no matter what phone they have. Only problem is, it's all they talk about now (along with what foxes say)

Huh, here everyone seems to know what Android is, no matter what phone they have. Only problem is, it's all they talk about now (along with what foxes say)

I'm talking about regular consumers though, although Android may be dominating, most people who have Android are clueless to the fact that their phone even runs it!

So my friend is using IE10 for god knows how long, and I suggested he should download chrome. He's reply was "Nevermind, it might slow down my PC. IE10's INTERNET is still fast."

I think i've got a really bad "story" that I KNOW exists;

Kids don't know how to operate a screwdriver.

It might not be 100% tech related, but I'll keep on bringing that up, and the sad truth is, that WILL happen in a few years unless we attempt to do something serious about it.

wat

You literally put the thing in the thing and turn.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

wat

You literally put the thing in the thing and turn.

On a other note, with that explanation we shouldn't be expecting offspring from them anytime soon.

minus the turning.

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

This thread is off the top hilarious :D. When I worked as Customer Service Agent for a company I had some moments too, but compared to this thread that was nothing. :))

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Laptop - HP Omen 15" w/5800U, GPU 3070, 1TB M.2 WD Black, 16GB RAM.

I just got a call from a local. They said that they blame me of giving them bad internet. They said that during the blackout yesterday(a few roads lost power for 2 minutes) her internet stopped working. She blamed me.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

People that think phones are getting slower if they drop it..................

Well if they damage it, then yeah some components would get effected... But if they drop it and no components are damaged, then yeah you're right.

In what way does that slow it down, if it breaks it's dead, if it doesn't break it will work.

It's not like an old man, if you drop him he will most likely not move as quickly anymore, if at all.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

One of my friend came up to me the other day if you could buy a USB to RAM adaptor, I really didn't know what to say...

You should have told him to go ask at Best Buy for one. :lol:

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

the teacher asked me to turn off my phone and hand it to her. when the phone was turning off she saw a " green alien" on the screen. 

hint to apple fanboys: it's android

4.2GHZ VALIDATIONGALLERYMost expensive software you own (clicky thread)

Intel Core i5 760 2.8GHZ @3.3ghz(4C),Asus P7H55/USB3,Antec TP550 80+bronze,Gigabyte GTX 570 SOC@955/2120 1050MV,windows 3.1,8GB DDR3 1333MHZ @~1450mhz,,500gb hdd, 160gb 

So, two guys from my clas, and a friend of them from another class got each an iphone 5

the ones in my clas thought that they looked so badass while playing angry birds on them till the third one came in and asked them how to add a contact

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

Anyone that says "My clean pc . com" is amazing. Oh, and most of the staff at my local best buy.

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.3 ghz | Corsair H60 (Push/Pull)|  8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1.6 ghz | Sapphire HD 7870 Oc'd | Biostar TA970 MOBO OCZ 750w  PSU | 2TB HDD + 120gb Kingston V300 SSD| Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer Case | SoundBlaster Audigy SE  Windows 7                                                                                      "I am a leaf on the wind, watch me..."   "You know nothing Jon Snauhh" "Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

/Steam Profile/Folding@home stats/TekSyndicate Fourms/  \m/  RIP David Gold (1980-2011) \m/ RIP Peter Steele (1962-2010) \m/ RIP Chuck Schuldiner (1967-2001) \m/ RIP Dio (1942-2010) \m/ RIP Cliff Burton (1962-1986) \m/ RIP Dime (1966-2004)

So my friend got a Nokia Lumia and goes on about how it's the best phone ever and how my iPhone is so much worse. He sells it and gets a BlackBerry and goes on about BBM makes BlackBerry the best phone ever and how my iPhone is bad because I have to pay more to text. He sells it and get's a Galaxy S2, again says how it's the best phone in the world EVER, and how android beats Apple any day. He sells it and get's an iPhone... He tells me how epic it is and that nothing else can beat it... THIS GUY!

This same friend texts me "cum 2 my uncles he got gta5 on his pc" I didn't even bother replying.

(This is that friend that draws dicks on your paper in lesson)

So my friend got a Nokia Lumia and goes on about how it's the best phone ever and how my iPhone is so much worse. He sells it and gets a BlackBerry and goes on about BBM makes BlackBerry the best phone ever and how my iPhone is bad because I have to pay more to text. He sells it and get's a Galaxy S2, again says how it's the best phone in the world EVER, and how android beats Apple any day. He sells it and get's an iPhone... He tells me how epic it is and that nothing else can beat it... THIS GUY!

This same friend texts me "cum 2 my uncles he got gta5 on his pc" I didn't even bother replying.

(This is that friend that draws dicks on your paper in lesson)

but gta5 is not released for pc yet 

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2

but gta5 is not released for pc yet 

have a cookie

6118720-chocolate-chip-cookie.jpg

Intel Core i5 760 2.8GHZ @3.3ghz(4C),Asus P7H55/USB3,Antec TP550 80+bronze,Gigabyte GTX 570 SOC@955/2120 1050MV,windows 3.1,8GB DDR3 1333MHZ @~1450mhz,,500gb hdd, 160gb 

have a cookie

6118720-chocolate-chip-cookie.jpg

It tastes like pixelization

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Exactly.

maybe he is using some ps3 or xbox emulator for pc ? 

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2

maybe he is using some ps3 or xbox emulator for pc ? 

rpcs3 is the only emulator ps3 emulator and it is in a very early stage. for now you can play 2D games like tetris 30fps on a titan :D

The worst I think I heard was, my PC has 16gb of RAM and yours has 8 therefore mine MUST be faster... O.o WAT DO THEY MEAN ARRRGGG it's not just RAM THAT MAKES IT FAST xD bhhahahah!

Your avatar is scaring the absolute sh*t out of me.