Experiences with non-techies

" I swear touch screen phones use more internet than non touch screen phones" I just overheard that in class today... I don't even....

post-265-0-33295200-1380790930.png

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

" I swear touch screen phones use more internet than non touch screen phones" I just overheard that in class today... I don't even....

wut-du-fuq.jpg

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

One thing that my mum always say in relation to anything tech is, "I've got people to deal with that for me"

I find this quite funny, considering she has  a Nexus 7, but hey

Looking for a job

One time I had a friend ask me to meet him at Best Buy to help him pick out a computer. What a disaster, so many junk computers. Got him the best bang for the buck that I could but holy shit these retailers just shove garbage onto people that don't know better.

I saw an Alienware "gaming computer" with an i7 and a 650ti... like what?

I saw an Alienware "gaming computer" with an i7 and a 650ti... like what?

I saw an Alienware pc once... But then I took an arrow to the knee...

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Three students were doing a presentation in class today. They were using the Smart Board (Essentially a projector with a massive touchscreen) but only had the projector on, not the touch.

While they were doing their presentation in powerpoint, one of the kids saw the window that lets you pick the slide still open - so he went and tried to drag it around. It took him about 10 seconds of continuously trying and raging before he realized that the touch part of the smart board wasn't even on....

Went over to my uncles house and he wanted me to delete my cousins facebook and her account on the computer. Issue was that this pc was a 1ghz celeron with 512mb of ram running windows xp. Took me forever to get that $50 and I don't think my cousin will talk to me again  :rolleyes:

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Went over to my uncles house and he wanted me to delete my cousins facebook and her account on the computer. Issue was that this pc was a 1ghz celeron with 512mb of ram running windows xp. Took me forever to get that $50 and I don't think my cousin will talk to me again  :rolleyes:

Reminds of middle school... They had a very effective system for not letting the school students use Facebook.

Give them PCs that can't run it  :mellow:

Tor

Reminds of middle school... They had a very effective system for not letting the school students use Facebook.

Give them PCs that can't run it  :mellow:

2 hours to load it I swear. just sitting there in front of a dell... I could of upgraded the ram and gpu faster than it took to load that page on intel hd graphics 2000 and 512mb of ddr1 ram 

#KilledMyWife 

2 hours to load it I swear. just sitting there in front of a dell... I could of upgraded the ram and gpu faster than it took to load that page on intel hd graphics 2000 and 512mb of ddr1 ram 

Someone in my class tried to enter Facebook during a test we had on those computers and the teachers just looked at him like: Go ahead. We can wait.

Tor

Someone in my class tried to enter Facebook during a test we had on those computers and the teachers just looked at him like: Go ahead. We can wait.

lol so true 

#KilledMyWife 

People in my school think bigger hard drives make a computer faster.

when someone markets a pc like they would a ipod

2tb gaming pc for sale $30000 

#KilledMyWife 

ok so my computer was not working i didn't had tools or an extra components at the moment so i took it to the it guy 

and the first thing when he opened my case and he asked me is this a server ? just cause i was not using stock cooler and had a couple of 120 mm fans in the case 

also he asked me why i bought a 7870 i could have gotten any gpu and i was like yeah ur cheap ass gpu will play crysis for me xD 

and he was so ruthless with my computer oh god ... he was trying to take out my gpu without unlocking the lock  

he was pressing the stock heat sink with his hands like it would fix the problem and when i told him ur gonna break it

he said do not tell me what to do ... and i was like just cause u own a shop does not mean u know every thing 

some people are so dumb and in the end he was not able to fix it 

after a couple of days i replaced ram and found out one of my ram was dead and bios setting were wrecked

i fixed it just by replacing the ram and taking out cmos .... 

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2

my friends think any 2 gb gpu's can play any game in the world and macs are better than pc just cause they are made by apple -.-

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

one time i was fixing a neighbour pc for free .. just installing windows in the middle of the setup his harddrive died and now they blame me for this no no one in my home town lets me fix there pc 

also i installed  antivirus in my friends  pc and after a couple of days his os crashed he wont let me touch his pc either ....

and i was like how is this my fault ..

also everyone in my country thinks i am an idiot cause i built an 1000 $ pc just for gaming T_T 

Not sure if this counts. My school has mainly apple products and only a few windows pcs. All of the teachers were given Macbooks. All the projectors and smartboards are connected using vga. The macbooks do not have that output so everyone has an adapter none of the adapters work perfectly and many loose color or in my honors chemistry class have huge sections filled with purple. I just think its funny how they decided to do that.

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

my friends think any 2 gb gpu's can play any game in the world and macs are better than pc just cause they are made by apple -.-

That's generally how Apple makes money.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Had a customer bring a flash drive to me, said it was faulty and had a virus on it. What did it do? It installed 400 copies of windows XP on his PC (lolwut) and he wanted compensation. I just couldn't handle the stupidity.

If I were a bird, I'd fly into a ceiling fan.

also my family thinks i am the guy who doesn't know anything about computers and i will break them just cause i keep playing with new os and i open my case every once in a while to clean up or upgrading ...

and they think my sister is better than me in computers just cause she let them skype ...  and open some web sites for them T_T 

also my family thinks i am the guy who doesn't know anything about computers and i will break them just cause i keep playing with new os and i open my case every once in a while to clean up or upgrading ...

My parents are asian and they think the same.

i had compaq c702tu  notebook we used it for 5 years so i sold it for 

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01120777〈=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=3466274

it had 512 mb ram 

windows vista 

shitty 200 mb vedio card

80 gb hard drive

~~~~~~~~~~~

its battery , cdrom and speakers were dead 

so

i sold it 72.90 $ 

and my family blames me like u sold a great laptop for just 70 $  and i was like u could only use it for browsing the internet ....

tell me people did i do something wrong ? 

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01120777〈=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=3466274

it had 512 mb ram 

windows vista 

shitty 200 mb vedio card

80 gb hard drive

~~~~~~~~~~~

so

i sold it 72.90 $ 

and my family blames me like u sold a great laptop for just 70 $  and i was like u could only use it for browsing the internet ....

Someone would pay that much for a crappy laptop like that? That's like how Pentium Dual Cores are $80+ and C2Q's are over $100 TODAY.

it had 512 mb ram 

windows vista 

shitty 200 mb vedio card

80 gb hard drive

~~~~~~~~~~~

so

i sold it 72.90 $ 

Nope, makes sense to me

If I were a bird, I'd fly into a ceiling fan.

Someone would pay that much for a crappy laptop like that?

in my country  they do  i also sold my old pentium 4 at the same time they gave me 51 $ for it 

specs were  ~ 

pentium 4  ~ 2. something ghz

inbuilt 64 mb video card

1.24 gb ram