Experiences with non-techies

My friend got himself an h100 so he can over clock his i3

AMD FX 8350, ASUS GTX 770 DirectCUII, ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0, CORSAIR TX 750, CORSAIR VEANGENCE BLACK 8GB'S 1600Mhz, Hyper 212 evo, Aerocool Strike-X GT, Crucial M4 128GB SSD, Seagate Baracuda 2TB, Asus CrapReader 

Honestly, my job is a revolving door of horror stories with non-technically inclined people.  Example being what I just had to deal with on Friday.  The sports staff here at the uni decided that because they could not insert the USB cable (of course they inserted it upside down), the port itself must be really tight, thus requiring a couple love taps from a hammer to get in.  Best is that they used a pair of vice grips to pull it out when it was not working, taking the entire front IO with them...

When I had to explain to my dad that Apple didn't invent high resolution "retina" displays.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Friend of my parents walks in and see's me editing a video in premiere on one screen and half watching south park on the other. He says "woah how did you get the t.v hooked up to there. I tell him its on itunes and then he says "but its not a mac and I thought macs were the only things you could do that with"

Facedesk. 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Facedesk. 

That is a new one.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

I was speaking to a friend today and he said he played minecraft on his dad's PC (I don't think his dad is a gamer). A bit later on I discovered that this PC is watercooled, apparently with a custom loop. A bit of a waste of such a powerful system just to play minecraft. Then I ask him whether it's overclocked, to which he says no. He has a custom loop water cooling system on his computer and it's not even overclocked. If only I had that kind of money...

HTTP/2 203

That is a new one.

How about this

Facecow* 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Everyone my school

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Skimming through the posts and I find most people are so quick to put down others who aren't technically savvy. Behind a screen you don't realize it makes you look like an ass lol.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

My Dad is very technically savvy, the only problem is that he refuses to move from IE.  -_-

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

My Dad is very technically savvy, the only problem is that he refuses to move from IE.  -_-

^^^^^^

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

OMG iOS 7 SO BEAST D00D ITZ SO COOL

It's all people talk about these days... Worst part is, they think because they know how to use new features on it that they're the most tech-savvy person in the world. -.-

The IT people at my school are currently pissed at me because I removed the filtering/moderating software from my school laptop (Not that good) and made it a hackintosh. It previously was running XP and we got them last year.... 

I'm surprised they even got their jobs

ELEPHANT SEALS EVERYWHERE!

The IT people at my school are currently pissed at me because I removed the filtering/moderating software from my school laptop (Not that good) and made it a hackintosh. It previously was running XP and we got them last year.... 

I'm surprised they even got their jobs

I nearly got kicked out of school for hacking into someones computers, opening word 2003 and writing this is a virus. Apparently i broke like three laws.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Being the family tech support guy...

http://www.geekosystem.com/family-tech-support-guy/

It explains it all... I suffer eternally.

Gaming and Editing: Intel Core i7-4930k 4.6Ghz 6-Core Processor - EK Supremacy CSQ CPU WaterblockASUS P9X79 ATX Motherboard - Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (8x4GB) 1866 Memory - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black 1200Mhz 6GB W/ EK FC780 Ti Nickel Waterblock Graphics Card  - Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive x3 - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD x2 - Fractal Design Define R4 Window Modded - BitFenix Spectre Pro Blue LED 140mm Fan x1 - BitFenix Spectre PWM LED 120mm Fan x4 - Corsair HX850 80 Plus Gold Modular Power SupplyMicrosoft Windows 8 64-bit Operating System

I nearly got kicked out of school for hacking into someones computers, opening word 2003 and writing this is a virus. Apparently i broke like three laws.

I'm guessing it was this law:

"I am a complete noob, and because I do not understand something you are breaking some kind of rule, despite the fact that you did very little, if anything wrong"

That pretty much sums up the technological understanding at my school...

ELEPHANT SEALS EVERYWHERE!

Lol, My dad does this as well, he is very tech savvy and knows the ins and outs of a computer but refuses to use any other browser other than IE! Do all tech savvy dads function the same way??

My school is making us get iPads. The stupid thing is that they are requiring iPads. Got another tablet? Nope, You need an iPad. Found a better performing if not cheaper tablet? Nope, You need an iPad. It's a stupid idea especially for the poorer students. Even used iPads need to have a pretty penny spent on them. iPad mini on amazon for $280 used is still pretty expensive for the lowest cost from amazon itself. I wouldn't have put this here if the school let the kids bring in some other tablets.

They can't actually do that legally. I recommend you buy whatever tablet you want, and when they try to confiscate it from you say that they are committing theft and that you shall report them. Remember, they can't legally make you do anything.

Gaming and Editing: Intel Core i7-4930k 4.6Ghz 6-Core Processor - EK Supremacy CSQ CPU WaterblockASUS P9X79 ATX Motherboard - Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (8x4GB) 1866 Memory - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black 1200Mhz 6GB W/ EK FC780 Ti Nickel Waterblock Graphics Card  - Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive x3 - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD x2 - Fractal Design Define R4 Window Modded - BitFenix Spectre Pro Blue LED 140mm Fan x1 - BitFenix Spectre PWM LED 120mm Fan x4 - Corsair HX850 80 Plus Gold Modular Power SupplyMicrosoft Windows 8 64-bit Operating System

Give the following link a read, I think you'll appreciate it.

http://www.coding2learn.org/blog/2013/07/29/kids-cant-use-computers/

Yes they can! I'm only 12! > :o

EDIT: Sorry for DP

some dude at my school said

''if you took the processor from the iphone 5s and put it in a computer then the harddrive would burn down''

If that was ever possible, the processor of 5S would fry. Probably... Or just be so slow you can't do anything.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

How did he go about obtaining a loop in the system? Was it really his dad's PC?

It's what he said, although I don't know how much I believe.

HTTP/2 203