Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nillas12

Experiences with non-techies

Ok, you win (the worst internet award). The worst thing is that my download is more-or-less twice yours, yet it's only a 0.4meg difference. That's how sad it is with low numbers. Even a 2meg connection would more-than half my download times for steam :(

OK, wow, I'm 37% faster today :o

3665637990.png

Holy shit you beat me, my down is 0.65 mb/s

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Posted Image

This is my ADSL internet ( my bro is downloading stuff)

Apart from the upload I can't see why that's a D+. Like, really

Why do we suddenly need Korean internet to get a good rating? Oh, and if this keeps going someone should make a Experiences with bad internet/I like to bitch about 20th cent internet in the 21st cent. ;P

Tel Alves: CPU - AMD FX8320 @ 4.1GHz | CPU Cooler - Dark Rock 3RAM - 8GB Corsair XMS3 | GPU - ASUS GTX660 DCUII Mobo - AsRock 970 Extreme 4 PSU - Corsair CX600M Case - Zalman Z11 Plus SSD - Crucial MX100 256GB | HDD 500GB Hitachi Deskstar and 1TB WD Green Monitors - Acer H236HLbjmd 23" IPS and HP w19ev 19" TN Mouse - Corsair Vengeance M95 | Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB w/ MX Browns | Microphone - Blue Snowball Neon Blue | Headphones - AKG K217 MKII

The DVD-Drive stopped working and my dad immediately puts the blame on me. I mean how is it my fault when I have a laptop and I haven't used it in a 6 months

Apart from the upload I can't see why that's a D+. Like, really

Why do we suddenly need Korean internet to get a good rating? Oh, and if this keeps going someone should make a Experiences with bad internet/I like to bitch about 20th cent internet in the 21st cent. ;P

Yeh, upload is terrible, but ping time is great!

Lets take this in to a PM.

No, you're confusing that with silicon valley. In terms of computers, America is extremely good. In almost every other field of engineering, Germany and Japan dominate. (Hitachi's old hard disks, for example...)

The US have advanced engineering in all fields, with high budgets and a lot of government backing. They are among the world leaders in research of all fields. It is hard to point at one single country and claim that it is the best or one is better than the other.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

my mother started yelling at me because i wasn't putting the hose in the pool because i was trying  to save my 1,200 dollar gaming rig from certain doom

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

my mother started yelling at me because i wasn't putting the hose in the pool because i was trying  to save my 1,200 dollar gaming rig from certain doom

What happened to it?

The US have advanced engineering in all fields, with high budgets and a lot of government backing. They are among the world leaders in research of all fields. It is hard to point at one single country and claim that it is the best or one is better than the other.

Actually, there are several European countries that are far more advanced in terms of sustainable energy technology and infrastructure. North America is really behind in that regard and is not the most advanced country(s) in every field.

My Systems:

Gaming:

Spoiler

RUSTIC PC: FX-8350 @4.6GHz // Deepcool Gammaxx 400 // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB DDR3 @1600MHz // Gigabyte RX 570 Gaming 4G // Samsung 840 120GB SSD + 2x 1TB Seagate 7200 HDDs // Cooler Master V650 PSU // Vintage wooden crate enclosure // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter // Build Log

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // Corsair 1x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Personally I don't get it to much, but I have a few that I can remember are reoccuring events. Most of my experience is with design programs and 3DS max. So most of mine is the magical button that does every thing for me. They always think its so easy to build a 3d model or make an animation. "You just gotta push a button thats all......." So they expect the finished product within a couple days, then I have to start explaining and showing what it takes. Happens all the time.

I did have a time whne someone asked if they can download a processor, sooooo...yeah. Then I said "no you can't download a CPU." The reply was interesting, "You miss heard me, I said Processor."

Thats my short story for today.

my sister used to turn off her netbook by longpressing th e powerbuttom

Did you finally tell her how she should turn it off?

Also I like your profile picture. Gorillaz Souldchild Remix isn't bad, and Clint Eastwood is a nice song by them too.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

This guy who's practicing fencing with me keeps on trying to convince me that Ailenware is SOOO AMAZING and that you cNt build anything like their computers. He says that the strongest Alienware PC is the best computer in world. Period. Oh my god...

Is it a monkey? Is it an ape? I don't care, I LOVE'EM!

This guy who's practicing fencing with me keeps on trying to convince me that Ailenware is SOOO AMAZING and that you cNt build anything like their computers. He says that the strongest Alienware PC is the best computer in world. Period. Oh my god...

The last time I thought Alienware was the best PC in existence, I was probably 13 or 14. Please tell me this isn't someone over the age of 18.

SNOWHEART - laptop

Model: TRACER III 17R XTREME VR 800 || CPU: Intel i7-8750H  || RAM: HyperX Impact 16GB || GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 || Storage: Intel 660P 512GB Display: 1920x1080p 144hz

PRISIMHEART 2.0 - desktop

Case: FD Meshify C Mini || PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750w || MB: Asrock Fata1ity AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac || CPU: AMD Ryzen R5 1600 || CPU Cooler: Scythe Choten TUF edition || RAM: G.Skill Flare X 16GB || GPU: Galax GTX 1070 EXOC-SNPR || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + SG Firecuda 2TB

PERIPHERALS / DISPLAY

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Elite || Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Steelseries RIval 650 || Monitor: HP Omen 32

My wife and her sister were watching pewdiepie on her sister's laptop on our bed the other night. I suggested they put a book or something solid under the laptop so it can breathe and doesn't overheat - which they did. The next day, she's typing on her laptop, which was now sitting in a pillow on her lap... I give up. lol 

My Systems:

Gaming:

Spoiler

RUSTIC PC: FX-8350 @4.6GHz // Deepcool Gammaxx 400 // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB DDR3 @1600MHz // Gigabyte RX 570 Gaming 4G // Samsung 840 120GB SSD + 2x 1TB Seagate 7200 HDDs // Cooler Master V650 PSU // Vintage wooden crate enclosure // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter // Build Log

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // Corsair 1x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

my grandpa got rid of his internet and computer and told me to clean up the wires but he would not absolutely not let me unplug the adsl splitter he thought it would stop his phone from working

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I've got a friend who blames viruses for every single fault on his laptop. He also games on his 400€ laptop and thinks it's a great machine or something.

Also, a guy at a local PC store will format everything he's given, for no reason at all, and will charge 20€ for that. So glad I know computers now...

"Nope, said the engineer"

-One week after I had built my new gaming PC my cousin's came over to my house and they own a mac and one of them thinks that he knows every thing about pc's so he asks me how much $$$ I payed for it and so I tell him and then he goes to YouTube (after asking were my browser is) and looks up how to build a GAMING PC FOR $200 and he clicks on a video and after the video he says ''This will be like super powerful I will run all games on MAX'' [Roughly translated]  And I tried not to laugh and the PC was realy only good for minecraft at low settings.

- Later that day My other cousin decided to download Minecraft on my pc because she thought it would be cool to play with mod's. So she goes to this website to download the mod and

the site is just spammed with download button ad's and I guess she like downloaded the one with the ''biggest button'' and after that she downloaded them all so later that night I go to my desktop and I open chrome and it has tons of plugins and toolbars so I open AVG and it finds like over 2000 issues. #not leaving my cousin alone EVER! 

My school uses old dell latitude netbooks with retardedly slow atoms on them (from 2007) and is slowly switching to HP Chromebooks. For desktops, there is a mixture of old Dell Optiplex 790s (i think) with core 2 duos and 40 gb hard drives and newer Dell Optiplex 390s with sandy bridge i3s. Both are used with integrated graphics. The newer ones are used for CAD works and are really damn slow.

My school is too. I'm buying a G550Jk instead of using Chromebooks *shudder*.

FOOLS!

I get about 2 MBs downloading games if my bro is not using the internet. 2MBs is 16Mbs. I forgot to mention that my uncle lives in a city so his internet is naturally slower.

wouldnt living in a city make it faster?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

My school is too. I'm buying a G550Jk instead of using Chromebooks *shudder*.

FOOLS!

I plan to get a MacBook Air for high school. Shocking, ain't it? But it's super thin, so I can stuff it in my locker.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I have a rich, and I mean super rich, uncle who gives me a stipend of 20 grand a month.

I hope you are investing the money, because if you do it carefully. You might never have to work a day in your life.

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

wouldnt living in a city make it faster?

Not necessarily. Most houses in cities have at least a 50:1 contention. I haven't heard of more before, but I'm almost certain it happens. This situation on a copper co-ax cable could mean speeds of lower than 20Mb/s (for all connections at once at 50:1).

I'm glad to have decent internet, but I live in a well placed town in England (so I don't have to pay 4 billion dollars...)

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."