Experiences with non-techies

Me Too! :D

No you ain't.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I smell a sibling hate war coming up. I'll grab the popcorn!

I'd rather take this to a PM.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

My friend is going to buy an Alienware. Enough said.

No but really, he have a desktop, A10 6800, GTX 560, and that stuff, and he is planning to sell it to a friend extreamly cheap, give him a Razer Blackwidow and Razer Ouroboros, and buy the cheapest Alienware Aurora, i have tried to stop him, but he's not stoppable, so i'm just going to sit back and enjoy his face when he finds out that it was not worth the money, He asked me and my friends, everybody says no to the buy, and he's going to ask a tech forum, and i know everybody's going to say no, so that might change his mind, but to be honest, i actually hope he's going to buy it, just because he have never listened to any of my tech advices and it has gone wrong almost all the times.

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

Me Too! :D

Me 3!  :D

After discussing varying Linux distributions with a colleague (who seemed to know what he was talking about) I booted up a partition into CentOS to show something quick, his first reaction "but...where is the Start button?"

Discussing on what gpu to get.

Budget: ~80-90 USD

Suggested him a 260x,he bought a used gtx550ti from e-bay for $75 with shipping.

*ultimate facepalm*

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Every time there's a presentation for school. I walways get called over to find out that the projector just wasnt plugged in....

Discussing on what gpu to get.

Budget: ~80-90 USD

Suggested him a 260x,he bought a used gtx550ti from e-bay for $75 with shipping.

*ultimate facepalm*

That's not too bad. As long as the card has no problems, I'd say it wasn't a bad purchase, but nor it was a good one.

Although 260x would've been more powerful card... Probably...

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

That's not too bad. As long as the card has no problems, I'd say it wasn't a bad purchase, but nor it was a good one.

Although 260x would've been more powerful card... Probably...

I consider it very bad;

It is from e-bay.

It is used for years.

It has no warranty.

Slower than 260x.

99% of all non-techies think that AMD is soooooo bad that they should avoid it all all costs.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

I consider it very bad;

It is from e-bay.

It is used for years.

It has no warranty.

Slower than 260x.

99% of all non-techies think that AMD is soooooo bad that they should avoid it all all costs.

I used to be like this. All my rigs had Intel. But I bought an AMD laptop in June and got a Kaveri rig coming up!

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

There is so many other people using the same bandwidth, it gets really bogged down with all the traffic.

well not for me

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

My friend is going to buy an Alienware. Enough said.

No but really, he have a desktop, A10 6800, GTX 560, and that stuff, and he is planning to sell it to a friend extreamly cheap, give him a Razer Blackwidow and Razer Ouroboros, and buy the cheapest Alienware Aurora, i have tried to stop him, but he's not stoppable, so i'm just going to sit back and enjoy his face when he finds out that it was not worth the money, He asked me and my friends, everybody says no to the buy, and he's going to ask a tech forum, and i know everybody's going to say no, so that might change his mind, but to be honest, i actually hope he's going to buy it, just because he have never listened to any of my tech advices and it has gone wrong almost all the times.

Just upgrade the freakin graphics card and maybe some RAM! A10'll be fine with a good GPU

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Just upgrade the freakin graphics card and maybe some RAM! A10'll be fine with a good GPU

Yeah, that's what i'm trying to tell him, just to buy a new freaking GPU and he'll be good.

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

Well... Umm.

3655593891.png3655591807.png

This happens two to three times a month, to everyone using the service... GJ for trying to make the service work..

Get your telephone line checked? Any static/noise, etc. on the line will affect the ADSL service. You are quite a far away :(

Just to let you know I work for a small IT firm in the UK that deals with general support and installation of IT products such as APs, servers, network camera (more on that in a bit).

First off a very non-techie person who decided it would be a good idea to make a youtube video with her ipad filming her monitor, I almost got seasick, plus the lighting and focus was terrible, but worse that, she uploaded this video Publicly and spoke aloud her Username and Password. One of my colleagues had logged in remotely to her system to see what the problem, she logged in (remotely as well) and when exiting (I hope trying to log out) shut the machine down, this system was in an office some distance from her and it was the evening so nobody was there and the reason my colleague had logged in (he was made to logout), the customer was complaining she couldn't log in remotely to her system.

Lastly we were contracted to supply network CCTV cameras to a customer this was almost farcical, we arrived, got the cameras set up and then discovered the IT manager wanted to be able to record footage with no sound in a Citrix environment but had done to testing with the cameras in the several months he had had the cameras (he was telling us this at just 5pm) a month or so later my boss returned to site in order to finish the installation because they needed CAT5e to be wired into special RJ-45 connectors designed to fit into special waterproof sleevings, my boss showed up and showed the IT manager how to to it and left to go to a different site. about 2 weeks later we get a phone from the new IT manager (the old one had resigned out of the blue to join wait for it... an IT support and installation firm) saying the cameras were not showing video, so a couple of days later me and my boss show up test three cables, and all three were wired incorrectly. So we explained how to wire the cables correctly and because of the special sleevings the customer was going to have to spend a lot of money replacing the sleevings as the jacks could not be replaced, as we are leaving we are told he and the only other remaining member of their IT support are also leaving soon (they have now left).

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz | Evga GTX 780 Ti SC ACX with backplate | MSI Gaming 9 AC | 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver 2400 MHz | Corsair H105 128GB Crucial MX100 | Toshiba 2TB | Evga 750G2 | Corsair Obsidian 750d | Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM (3x140mm & 3x120mm)

My friend said he wants to get a high end gaming laptop to play Minecraft and Garry's mod on it -_-

Life.exe is missing

Get your telephone line checked? Any static/noise, etc. on the line will affect the ADSL service. You are quite a far away :(

Don't think that would cause it since literally everyone using the service started experiencing this about 2-3 weeks ago. :( Problem is I know the owner of the place and he usually is the only one running it. It's not that he runs out of time for it, it's just he's lazy... I know him and his whole family. They barely do anything.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

This isn't really a story about a specific non-techie but at the end of the school year my principal announced that we are going to be getting more chromebooks for the upcoming school year and I just face-palmed -_-. The reason why is because my high school pretty much revolves around computer programming and software development so they should be getting PC laptops that can actually do all of that stuff, not chromebooks!

Life.exe is missing

This isn't really a story about a specific non-techie but at the end of the school year my principal announced that we are going to be getting more chromebooks for the upcoming school year and I just face-palmed -_-. The reason why is because my high school pretty much revolves around computer programming and software development so they should be getting PC laptops that can actually do all of that stuff, not chromebooks!

Chrome Books can actually be pretty good in Computer Programming and Software Development, but some of the better software for assisting people in things like that may not be available for the Chrome OS. If they find a program that runs you should be fine using it. 

"Of course, its trash," Luke, 2014

Oh my God. Seriously. Even my grandpa, who needs to be told how to print every time i see him, knows not to click on adverts like that.

Speaking of which i need to teach my grandpa and my granny how to print every time i go to their house.