Experiences with non-techies

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

What were you given?  Sorry.  I'm confused...

More so since your profile says you have a 970.  >_> 

A GTX 750 Ti. It's in my second PC right now, which I'm typing this on. That 970 was the first GPU I bought with my own money (Used from a friend).

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

5 minutes ago, NinjaJc01 said:

A GTX 750 Ti. It's in my second PC right now, which I'm typing this on. That 970 was the first GPU I bought with my own money (Used from a friend).

Ah.  That makes more sense than. ?

What do you use your second computer for if you don't mind my asking?

Just curious I promise.

3 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Ah.  That makes more sense than. ?

What do you use your second computer for if you don't mind my asking?

Just curious I promise.

My main PC is normally at my mum's house, and my second is at my dad's house. Both for gaming. My second PC needs a new HDD though, it's running off some old SATA 250Gb drive from 2005, and it's likely to fail at any moment.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

5 minutes ago, NinjaJc01 said:

My main PC is normally at my mum's house, and my second is at my dad's house. Both for gaming. My second PC needs a new HDD though, it's running off some old SATA 250Gb drive from 2005, and it's likely to fail at any moment.

Yikes.  A small SSD and a 1TB WD Blue HDD would refresh that thing very nicely for not too much money.  

On 1/16/2013 at 2:40 AM, Rwa said:

So, here's my experiences, that I can come to think of now:

- After I've fixed a computer for a friend or relative, they always blame me for every future problem.

- Two guys were talking in an MMORPG I used to play, and one of them said that he overclocked his hard drive and his computer is now more than twice as fast.

- Whenever I tell someone that I like computers and technology, they always assume I just post stuff on Facebook and play Farmville all day long.

- My mom freak out every time an email from someone she doesn't know, slips through the spam filter and end up in her inbox. Something worth mentioning is that she use hotmail, so she freaks out a lot.

Edit: fixed the formatting.

Cringing so hard right now

The geek himself.

On October 13, 2016 at 7:43 PM, wkdpaul said:

I have so many that I actually forgot most!!!

But I already started since I post the tech related one here! xD

The main one I keep referring to is VRAM and the fact that he thinks his brand new GT610 is as powerful as my used HD 7870 because they both have 2GB of VRAM.

He thinks electricity comes from the air, that basically, a generator (wind, hydro, etc..) is like (and I quote) "a black hole for electrons" sucks them up and it then pushes them down the wires ... Not making this up.

There was another weird thing today but I forgot...

My 610 has 1gb..

On October 13, 2016 at 8:59 PM, Bleedingyamato said:

Wouldn't that actually help though?

I know it wouldn't make the GPU more powerful but I mean for games that would need more VRAM than was built in then if there was a way to add more it would help by allowing a user to use higher settings than they otherwise could've.  

Assuming that it would work to add more VRAM through a card like that.

For example: Using my old GTX 970 that had 4GB of VRAM I'm pretty sure I wasn't able to max out a few settings on the new Doom game because it locked them out due to detecting that I didn't have enough VRAM.  (This might've happened with Rise of the Tomb Raider but I don't remember for sure.)

So having a little more VRAM would've helped.  It wasn't that my 970 wasn't powerful enough but rather that it lacked enough VRAM.  

3.5gb

On October 13, 2016 at 9:03 PM, Bleedingyamato said:

Is that really an issue though?  I mean I've played console games on a TV for years even well before hdtvs were a thing and I don't think it's ever seemed laggy to me.

Lag aside my LG TV has MUCH better color accuracy than my ASUS VG248QE...

(Love everything about my VG248QE EXCEPT the colors.)

Before consoles were 60fps (nes, SNES, Genesis, n64) iirc 

then they changed to 30.. 

Either that or my emulators run at 60fps because they can. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 hour ago, themctipers said:

My 610 has 1gb..

3.5gb

Before consoles were 60fps (nes, SNES, Genesis, n64) iirc 

then they changed to 30.. 

Either that or my emulators run at 60fps because they can. 

You don't remember the 20 fps glory of Zelda on the N64...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 hours ago, themctipers said:

3.5gb

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

Tablet: iPad Mini 2

7 hours ago, themctipers said:

My 610 has 1gb..

There is a 4gb version.:/

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

1 hour ago, matrix07012 said:

wait there is?

That GPU is so under-powered it probably can't even use 2GB!!!

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Just now, wkdpaul said:

wait there is?

its DDR3 , the gt line often boasts alot of vram as a bait for clueless buyers 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

On 2016-09-19 at 4:34 AM, BingoFishy said:

http ://www.ebay.com/itm/111972347565

Apparently an FX 4300 and Radeon 7850 1gb can run all games at max settings. The description is really sad.       

i was scamed about that bad with my first real "gameing PC". i got an FX 6300, a 750TI a 60GB SSD and a 1TB HDD in a Zalman GT1000. the most hilarus part is that i had to pay fucking extra for them not having the case they said they had so i got a WORSE case and paid like $20 more for it -_- they claimed it would play BF3 maxed out 120fps... looking back i just want to slap myself over the face with a frying pan for beeing such a retart... i paied $820 for that PC and the SSD died this year(after 2 years) so what i got out of those $800 was a 1TB HDD and a lesson to NEVER BUY ANYTHING BEFORE YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IT IS AND IF YOU CAN GET MORE VALUE SPENDING YOUR CASH ON OTHER STUFF.... my laptop at the time outpreformed that PC and it just had some pretty shitty AMD APU from 2013 in it... :/ 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

16 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

wait there is?

Sorry, my mistake. There isn't a 4GB version, but there is a 2GB version.

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

19 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

My understanding of relative GPU performance is minimal but I know a 750 ti isn't very powerful anymore.  

It makes no sense why Apple would charge so much for a laptop with such a weak GPU.  I know laptop cards aren't going to as good as desktop ones but still, for that high a price it should have a much better GPU in it.

Edit: I assume a 750 ti is weaker than even a 4GB GTX 960 right?

Yeah 750 ti is weaker than a 960 by quite a bit. 1024 CUDA Cores vs 640 makes quite a difference.

Honestly Apple is in some ways entitled to the price. They have a great display that is pretty high res and is quite accurate. They're using quad core i7s that usually have iris pro graphics too. And they have pcie nvme ssds in there too. But the GPU is kinda cheaped out on (my guess is most likely it's because they can't fit a much higher tdp GPU in such a thin laptop. A more powerful GPU would require a thicker chassis whic Apple most definitely doesn't want. Their choice to go AMD this gen puzzles me though considering how much better for mobile Maxwell was. Perhaps they have some sort of agreement with AMD?). And the price is still too high, considering you can gt something like an xps 15 with equivalent specs for at least a few hundred dollars less. Apple always charges more for their products purely because they can, since there are some extra features they have you can't get elsewhere (integration with iPhones and the Apple Watch, Mac OS, as some people prefer it, a build quality some people prefer, pretty decent customer support, and... Having an Apple logo on the back of your computer). IMO most Apple products, especially their desktop computers, are overpriced and not worth the money, so a lot of the sales are from people that "have always gone with Apple" or people that prefer the simpler OS and that don't want to research all the different pcs out there.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

2 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i was scamed about that bad with my first real "gameing PC". i got an FX 6300, a 750TI a 60GB SSD and a 1TB HDD in a Zalman GT1000. the most hilarus part is that i had to pay fucking extra for them not having the case they said they had so i got a WORSE case and paid like $20 more for it -_- they claimed it would play BF3 maxed out 120fps... looking back i just want to slap myself over the face with a frying pan for beeing such a retart... i paied $820 for that PC and the SSD died this year(after 2 years) so what i got out of those $800 was a 1TB HDD and a lesson to NEVER BUY ANYTHING BEFORE YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IT IS AND IF YOU CAN GET MORE VALUE SPENDING YOUR CASH ON OTHER STUFF.... my laptop at the time outpreformed that PC and it just had some pretty shitty AMD APU from 2013 in it... :/ 

What? An APU outperformed a 750 Ti?

i am confuse

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

28 minutes ago, BingoFishy said:

What? An APU outperformed a 750 Ti?

i am confuse

a 750TI with power problems, it locked itself at 412MHz and would not move most of the time, im surprised that the motherboard also didnt blow up seeing as i overclocked the FX 6300 a little bit on a motherboard that was increadably bad quality with the equivelent of the Intel stock cooler straped on it

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

9 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

a 750TI with power problems, it locked itself at 412MHz and would not move most of the time, im surprised that the motherboard also didnt blow up seeing as i overclocked the FX 6300 a little bit on a motherboard that was increadably bad quality with the equivelent of the Intel stock cooler straped on it

Oh. Interesting. My card also used to do that, where it'd get locked at idle clocks but a restart always fixed it. It doesn't happen anymore so I'm guessing driver updates fixed it.

Specs:

4 hours ago, DocSwag said:

Yeah 750 ti is weaker than a 960 by quite a bit. 1024 CUDA Cores vs 640 makes quite a difference.

Honestly Apple is in some ways entitled to the price. They have a great display that is pretty high res and is quite accurate. They're using quad core i7s that usually have iris pro graphics too. And they have pcie nvme ssds in there too. But the GPU is kinda cheaped out on (my guess is most likely it's because they can't fit a much higher tdp GPU in such a thin laptop. A more powerful GPU would require a thicker chassis whic Apple most definitely doesn't want. Their choice to go AMD this gen puzzles me though considering how much better for mobile Maxwell was. Perhaps they have some sort of agreement with AMD?). And the price is still too high, considering you can gt something like an xps 15 with equivalent specs for at least a few hundred dollars less. Apple always charges more for their products purely because they can, since there are some extra features they have you can't get elsewhere (integration with iPhones and the Apple Watch, Mac OS, as some people prefer it, a build quality some people prefer, pretty decent customer support, and... Having an Apple logo on the back of your computer). IMO most Apple products, especially their desktop computers, are overpriced and not worth the money, so a lot of the sales are from people that "have always gone with Apple" or people that prefer the simpler OS and that don't want to research all the different pcs out there.

I'm planning to do a build a mini-itx build because I think it would be fun to do so I might either give or hopefully sell my secondary desktop to my brother if he'd want it.

It's got a Pentium G3258 that assuming I did it right should be running at 4GHz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, and a 4GB GTX 960.  I know the G3258 isn't great for gaming but I think this setup would outperform his MacBook Pro right?

Part of the problem with Apple is that even with using at least some decent parts they still overcharge by hundreds if not thousands of dollars for what's in their computers. 

15 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

You don't remember the 20 fps glory of Zelda on the N64...

Because I don't have a N64..

project64 ftw

9 hours ago, matrix07012 said:

:/ why..

2 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I'm planning to do a build a mini-itx build because I think it would be fun to do so I might either give or hopefully sell my secondary desktop to my brother if he'd want it.

It's got a Pentium G3258 that assuming I did it right should be running at 4GHz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, and a 4GB GTX 960.  I know the G3258 isn't great for gaming but I think this setup would outperform his MacBook Pro right?

Part of the problem with Apple is that even with using at least some decent parts they still overcharge by hundreds if not thousands of dollars for what's in their computers. 

Mekbok pru starting at $2500 CAD for 15"..

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

20 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Why a 960? I'm not too certain on your choice there since an rx 470 would do better.

A g3258 is a decent choice but some games refuse to launch on a dual core so... yeah. You might want to consider going for an i3 or something instead.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

5 hours ago, DocSwag said:

Why a 960? I'm not too certain on your choice there since an rx 470 would do better.

A g3258 is a decent choice but some games refuse to launch on a dual core so... yeah. You might want to consider going for an i3 or something instead.

The G3258 and GTX 960 are what's in my secondary desktop.  Sorry I should've been more clear about that.

I'd built the computer last March and added the GPU in April so this was well before the 470 was available.

Does a RX 470 perform better than a GTX 960?

Anyway, when I do my itx build I plan to use at least an i3 or maybe i5 depending on what my budget will end up allowing.  

Edited by Bleedingyamato
Fixed spelling.

Not really non-techie but this is so stupid I can't resist putting it on here:

Capture.PNG

Specs:

2 minutes ago, BingoFishy said:

Not really non-techie but this is so stupid I can't resist putting it on here:

Capture.PNG

anD4gJeG_700w_0.jpg

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

tried to compile 16bit code in 32bit code

this is the result

00000000  668CC8            mov eax,cs
00000003  8ED8              mov ds,ax
00000005  66B81300CD10      mov eax,0x10cd0013
0000000B  66B800A08EC0      mov eax,0xc08ea000
00000011  EB00              jmp short 0x13
00000013  66B81E0066BB      mov eax,0xbb66001e
00000019  1400              adc al,0x0
0000001B  66B9400166F7      mov ecx,0xf7660140
00000021  E166              loope 0x89
00000023  01D8              add ax,bx
00000025  6689C7            mov edi,eax
00000028  B20C              mov dl,0xc
0000002A  2667881566B80100  mov [dword es:0x1b866],dl
00000032  66BB010066B9      mov ebx,0xb9660001
00000038  40                inc ax
00000039  0166F7            add [bp-0x9],sp
0000003C  E166              loope 0xa4
0000003E  01D8              add ax,bx
00000040  6689C7            mov edi,eax                                                                                                           
00000043  B208              mov dl,0x8
00000045  26                es
00000046  67                a32
00000047  8815              mov [di],dl
00000049  F4                hlt
0000004A  EBC7              jmp short 0x13

aka, it's overwriting reserved stuff that is normally automatically executed and literally putting some values into a rollercoaster of values, when i instructed it to write 2 pixels on the screen. Yep, that's what happens.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

4 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

The G3258 and GTX 960 are what's in my secondary desktop.  Sorry I should've been more clear about that.

I'd build the computer last March and added the GPU in April so this was well before the 470 was available.

Does a RX 470 perform better than a GTX 960?

Anyway, when I do my itx build I plan to use at least an i3 or maybe i5 depending on what my budget will end up allowing.  

Yeah rx 470 generally performs better than a 960. It's not worth directly upgrading from a 960 to a 470 though. That makes sense that you're using those if you already have 'em. :) I assumed you were buying them new... I'm not sure why I did :D 

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler