Experiences with non-techies

Just now, njmyers3 said:

Mine too, if I'm actively using it. I have a Nexus 5, but I got the battery replaced about 9 months ago because it kept crashing. Somehow caused by the battery :P

6s+, 300 cycles since April...

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

I don't know how many charge cycles mine has but I probably charge it 1.5 times per day on average.

My main computer:

i7 6700k || GTX 1070 || Asus Z170 RGB || C.M. Hyper 212 EVO || 16GB RAM || 256GB NVMe SSD || 500GB SATA SSD || 12TB total HDD || Define R5 Blackout || 850W PSU

More Details Below :) 

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k                             GPU:  EVGA GTX 1070 FTW                                  |  Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Aura
CPU Cooler: C.M. Hyper 212 EVO             RAM: 16GB Kingston Fury 4x4 DDR4 2400MHz         SSD:  Intel 256GB NVMe SSD & Plextor 500GB SATA SSD

Hard Drive:  WD 2TB Black, 2TB WD Blue, 8TB WD Red     Case:  Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout Edition   PSU:  Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W

Additional Computer Parts: NZXT Hue for LEDs

Peripherals: Dell U2414H (x2) || Corsair Sabre RGB || Corsair K95 Platinum || Sennheiser 558's || Modmic

Pictures of setup:

8 minutes ago, ScootsMcgoots said:

Ikr, when I still lived at home my parents would complain about my pc ( not that power hungry at all, like 350 w under load ) using too much electricity.  I mean no I t can't be any worse than the FOUR 4k tv's we had that doubled as space heaters and prob drew a t least x2 the power of  my pc. 

When living with parents, everything is your fault. I remember when we had a dodgy iron that kept tripping the fuse and switching off all the electricity. I didn't know what it was so I complain about it to my mum.

Obviously her answer was that it was my devil PC. With a spanking new top of the line 1000w EVGA T2 PSU and a surge protector, if anything my PC is the least likely thing that's gonna burn the house down compared to all the other shit quality electronics my parents have. And when we found out it was the iron ... THEY STILL CARRIED ON USING IT FOR THREE MORE ELECTRICAL FAILURES WTF! Cheapskate idiots, buy a new iron! (Which they then did, after I was tempted to use it to bludgeon them to death).

Linus is my fetish.

Just now, njmyers3 said:

I don't know how many charge cycles mine has but I probably charge it 1.5 times per day on average.

On android there should be an equivalent to "battery life" on the play store 

1 minute ago, Bhav said:

When living with parents, everything is your fault. I remember when we had a dodgy iron that kept tripping the fuse and switching off all the electricity. I didn't know what it was so I complain about it to my mum.

Obviously her answer was that it was my devil PC. With a spanking new top of the line 1000w EVGA T2 PSU and a surge protector, if anything my PC is the least likely thing that's gonna burn the house down compared to all the other shit quality electronics my parents have. And when we found out it was the iron ... THEY STILL CARRIED ON USING IT FOR THREE MORE ELECTRICAL FAILURES WTF! Cheapskate idiots, buy a new iron! (Which they then did, after I was tempted to use it to bludgeon them to death).

Love how my pc heats up my room 

literally 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Oh and also my dad already kind of stfu about the electric when I pointed out his thermostat and raging hot radiators in June. 'IT HAS TO BE AT LEAST 18 DEGREES!' ... Actually no, 16 is perfectly tolerable if you wear more clothes. I on the other hand have to spend winter with no clothes on and my window open too.

Oh right, then last month in July, my dad complains about my permanent wide open window being the cause of all the moths in the house ... While there are no moths in my room because the curtains are closed? Parent logic, always blame the offspring.

(Yes he actually wanted me to shut my window in June / July while his fucking thermostat is on 18-20c .... I wanted to give him the middle finger and open every window in the house everyday).

Linus is my fetish.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

On android there should be an equivalent to "battery life" on the play store 

The official battery thing built into android doesn't track that. I'm sure there is a third party one that does, but I try not to bloat up my phone. 

This isn't my image, but here is what it looks like:

Android-Settings-Battery-Graph.png

My main computer:

i7 6700k || GTX 1070 || Asus Z170 RGB || C.M. Hyper 212 EVO || 16GB RAM || 256GB NVMe SSD || 500GB SATA SSD || 12TB total HDD || Define R5 Blackout || 850W PSU

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k                             GPU:  EVGA GTX 1070 FTW                                  |  Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Aura
CPU Cooler: C.M. Hyper 212 EVO             RAM: 16GB Kingston Fury 4x4 DDR4 2400MHz         SSD:  Intel 256GB NVMe SSD & Plextor 500GB SATA SSD

Hard Drive:  WD 2TB Black, 2TB WD Blue, 8TB WD Red     Case:  Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout Edition   PSU:  Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W

Peripherals: Dell U2414H (x2) || Corsair Sabre RGB || Corsair K95 Platinum || Sennheiser 558's || Modmic

Pictures of setup:

Just now, njmyers3 said:

The official battery thing built into android doesn't track that. I'm sure there is a third party one that does, but I try not to bloat up my phone. 

This isn't my image, but here is what it looks like:

Android-Settings-Battery-Graph.png

And here's mine;

image.png

image.png

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Oh and he wants me to turn my radiator on cos its gonna break being left off 24/7/365 .... WITH A FUCKING SLI GAMING RIG IN THE ROOM ... radiator on and window closed = idiot parent logic who think the slightest breeze is gonna kill them.

Linus is my fetish.

3 minutes ago, Bhav said:

Oh and he wants me to turn my radiator on cos its gonna break being left off 24/7/365 .... WITH A FUCKING SLI GAMING RIG IN THE ROOM ... radiator on and window closed = idiot parent logic who think the slightest breeze is gonna kill them.

Throw in a amd gpu and heat up the house 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

4 minutes ago, themctipers said:

And here's mine;

image.png

image.png

The fonts look different from the last time I used iOS. Can you change them now?

My main computer:

Spoiler

Pictures of setup:

2 minutes ago, njmyers3 said:

The fonts look different from the last time I used iOS. Can you change them now?

Jailbroke it. 

Bytafont 3..

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 minutes ago, themctipers said:

Throw in a amd gpu and heat up the house 

My door is never open for the rest of the house. Its only heating for me. Though it wouldn't help if the door was open because somehow uneducated father got a palace.

Linus is my fetish.

10 minutes ago, Bhav said:

My door is never open for the rest of the house. Its only heating for me. Though it wouldn't help if the door was open because somehow uneducated father got a palace.

My parents believe that 20c is a sleep able temperature 

I say 25c, leave pc folding 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

34 minutes ago, themctipers said:

I couldnt survive at 25c lol. Too hot :(

I like it cold cos I'm strange. Wish I could move to Scotland, as far north as possible.

Linus is my fetish.

38 minutes ago, themctipers said:

25c... Mate, 18c is sleep able, 25c is a furnace.

6 minutes ago, Bhav said:

I couldnt survive at 25c lol. Too hot :(

I like it cold cos I'm strange. Wish I could move to Scotland, as far north as possible.

17 degrees no blanket is the perfect temperature.

1 minute ago, WaxyMaxy said:

17 degrees no blanket is the perfect temperature.

Yes that is perfect.

I just have my tower fan on constantly to survive.

Linus is my fetish.

2 hours ago, themctipers said:

Why did you get a phone that is big enough to club someone with?

(Silly people and their giant phablets...)

Seriously why can't people realize that a phone is NOT supposed to have a screen almost as large as a small tablet?  ? 

2 hours ago, WaxyMaxy said:

Tablet tablet tablet tablet fucking tablet

Linus is my fetish.

FML, I am computer noob and failure of the Interwebz now:

sGO5w27.jpg

My tablet browser has gone super slow atm and kept failing at posting the thread. I was so ashamed I reported myself to a moderator.

Wait, I mean MSI forums are noob because they force users to use the first part of their email addys as their usernames. Or I'm extra noob for not yet figuring out how to change it.

Linus is my fetish.

55 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Seriously why can't people realize that a phone is NOT supposed to have a screen almost as large as a small tablet?  ? 

Because some people want something they can still (mostly) use in one hand and is big so it's easy to read and looks nice. Also the 6s+ is massive for a phone with a 5.5" screen, there are phones with 5.7" screens that are smaller.

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

1 minute ago, BingoFishy said:

Because some people want something they can still (mostly) use in one hand and is big so it's easy to read and looks nice. Also the 6s+ is massive for a phone with a 5.5" screen, there are phones with 5.7" screens that are smaller.

Then they should get a cheap tablet (Android I guess since iPads are pricey.)

My problem is that people want to be able to have a larger screen than makes sense on a handheld device.  It's like they're saying "I want it to be super light and portable but I want a movie theater size screen."  Those things don't go together.  They're mutually exclusive.  

Basically: you want a portable phone?  Great use a normal size phone.  

You want a larger screen?  Go home and use your computer.  

Seriously does no one with a giant phablet phone realize how stupid it looks to hold this giant thing up to their head and talk into a brick?

Not to mention that a phone around the size of a 6s+ is definitely NOT pocket sized. 

Personally I find a phone I can't fit in my pocket to be 100% useless.

Sorry for the rant.  I just really hate giant phones.  lol 

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Then they should get a cheap tablet (Android I guess since iPads are pricey.)

My problem is that people want to be able to have a larger screen than makes sense on a handheld device.  It's like they're saying "I want it to be super light and portable but I want a movie theater size screen."  Those things don't go together.  They're mutually exclusive.  

Basically: you want a portable phone?  Great use a normal size phone.  

You want a larger screen?  Go home and use your computer.  

Seriously does no one with a giant phablet phone realize how stupid it looks to hold this giant thing up to their head and talk into a brick?

Not to mention that a phone around the size of a 6s+ is definitely NOT pocket sized. 

Personally I find a phone I can't fit in my pocket to be 100% useless.

Sorry for the rant.  I just really hate giant phones.  lol 

No, it's okay, I know what you're coming from. And TBH, the 6+/6s+ are kinda crappy phablets. But the thing is, once you've used an android phablet, it's hard to go back. Trust me. I thought the iPhone plus models were huge, but I totally got it when my friend's brother showed me his Note 4. Just give it a shot. If you like it, you like it. If you don't, you don't. Personally I like big screens but I can live with a smaller one.

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

this fucking hell this. 

Spoiler

stupid people

Spoiler

khh.JPG

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------