Experiences with non-techies

Looked kinda new looking at the pictures. He shows a clip with 2 screws into the laptop and that kinda scares me

xD, but I kinda meant that sarcastically

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

Ooh... Found moar peeps...

Anyone want to upload a pic of them DVD vendors?

gonna go to the mall later afternoon and let me see if I can grab a pic or two.

Live your life like a dream.

OT question-

Would you rather have x99 with an Intel i7 5820K and a 970 OR z97 with an i5 4690K and a 980?

Look at my shiny. The logo lights up

I fix up computer problem (RAM was faulty) got told "but its brand new it shouldn't have failed"

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

OT question-

Would you rather have x99 with an Intel i7 5820K and a 970 OR z97 with an i5 4690K and a 980?

x99 and 970. that is what i would pick. ;)

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

This was a few years ago.

One of my co-workers thought I was kind of tech savvy and asked for my help picking out a computer.

I was surprised to say the least because I hadn't told anyone I did work on computers, but I guess I just talked about it sometimes to him while at work and it slipped my notice. It was a lowly physical position and it was my first job so we made the time go by by talking across the hallway to each other.

Anyway, we went to a Best Buy because that's where he wanted to shop. I was looking around, he didn't really have a budget so I started showing him laptops with fairly decent processors.

He just saw a white model and loved it instantly, I tried telling him that that was a low powered chip, forgot what it was but it was some cheap celeron, IIRC. Anyway, he wouldn't hear of it. He loved that computer. There were better deals as far as hardware for price went, and I didn't think they looked bad. They just happened to be black or silver and he wanted white dammit!

I don't think he valued my hardware opinion and he overpaid for his laptop.

Play the greatest game ever. TF2. http://www.teamfortress.com/

One of my co-workers thought I was kind of tech savvy and asked for my help picking out a computer.

I was surprised to say the least because I hadn't told anyone I did work on computers, but I guess I just talked about it sometimes to him while at work and it slipped my notice. It was a lowly physical position and it was my first job so we made the time go by by talking across the hallway to each other.

Anyway, we went to a Best Buy because that's where he wanted to shop. I was looking around, he didn't really have a budget so I started showing him laptops with fairly decent processors.

He just saw a white model and loved it instantly, I tried telling him that that was a low powered chip, forgot what it was but it was some cheap celeron, IIRC. Anyway, he wouldn't hear of it. He loved that computer. There were better deals as far as hardware for price went, and I didn't think they looked bad. They just happened to be black or silver and he wanted white dammit!

...but the shiny!!! Must have the shiny.....

My mom never uses IE with the window filling the display, she always has the IE window sized to take 1/2 the screen.

IE? Goddammit. 

Why half the screen? :D

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

IE? Goddammit. 

Why half the screen? :D

Because whenver I tell her that she should resize it so that she can see more of the page, she says it's fine the way it is. wat

Because whenver I tell her that she should resize it so that she can see more of the page, she says it's fine the way it is. wat

Thats like using window that is 1280x720 on a 1920x1080 monitor. eww.

Technically it IS fine - the browser works and she can see the web page. That said it's a really silly thing to do since you're wasting half of your screen estate.

I use windowed firefox 99% of the time. But then I have a tonne of other stuff open so I'm not wasting the rest of my monitor. I really should get another monitor or two...

I use windowed firefox 99% of the time. But then I have a tonne of other stuff open so I'm not wasting the rest of my monitor. I really should get another monitor or two...

...or 5, or 17 or eleventyzillion because dem fake movie secret police operations and in-house hacker/scientist guy setups pull all da bitches.....well......they're just a waste of monitor

The only non-techie experience I've had was with my past self.

I'm guilty of trying to download RAM a few years ago.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

OT question-

Please just make your own thread about it. And i'd go i5/980.

goddamn it that's how I feel about the corsair 760T, I know the build quality's not that great, and it's 189 bucks, but should I build my own rig, IT'S MINE!! MINE!!! GIVE IT TO ME!!!! MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Thats like using window that is 1280x720 on a 1920x1080 monitor. eww.

I think it's worse is watching the first Borderlands boot for the first time in 640x480 on a 1920x1080 monitor with it at the lowest quality possible. :9

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

There's this friend of mine on another forum I participate in. He said his operating system crashed due to some kind of antivirus mess up or something, and got frustrated on having to reinstall Windows and everything he's lost from the crash.

And then he budges to himself... "I should've bought a Mac"... -_-

Click here to claim your free Linus plushie.

There's this friend of mine on another forum I participate in. He says his operating system crashed due to some kind of antivirus mess up or something, and got fustrated on having to reinstall Windows and everything he's lost from the crash.

And then he budges to himself... "I should've bought a Mac"... -_-

Classic non techie...

Don't have the patience to deal with the problems that come with owning a PC...

Classic non techie...

Don't have the patience to deal with the problems that come with owning a PC...

... or don't prevent them in the first place by not installing things they shouldn't, not clicking on things they shouldn't, not having a proper anti-virus ("I don't want to have to pay for it, all free anti-viruses are viruses") and so on...

my nana doesn't quite understand how her internet browsers work or any of the internet really, so she exits her browser accidentally all the time and one time, she called her internet provider because she couldn't use facebook,

Tragic, but oh well.

Me doing some stuff on my laptop at school with my group mates.

*Opens Task Manager*

Group mates: Dude I didn't know that you are a hacker.

-_-

And while I am choosing parts for my dream build.. One of my former friends said that I'm dumb because

building a computer was impossible and only mad scientists do that kind of thing.

Case: NZXT H440     CPU: Intel core i7-4790k    RAM: 2x G.Skill ripjaws 4gb 1600mhz   GPU: Soon   CPU Cooler: Stock (will buy a decent one soon)     PSU: CM V650 80+ gold PSU.

Me doing some stuff on my laptop at school with my group mates.

*Opens Task Manager*

Group mates: Dude I didn't know that you are a hacker.

-_-

And while I am choosing parts for my dream build.. One of my former friends said that I'm dumb because

building a computer was impossible and only mad scientists do that kind of thing.

Both of those are products of "computer is magic box of magic and science and if you look at it in the wrong way the whole universe explodes"