Experiences with non-techies

kind of supports the claim considering you fail to grammar

Not sure if trying to be ironic or just unbelievably stupid. Also, I smell fanboyism.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. I use CS6 on my PC and it works as fine as CS6 on the iMacs at my TAFE

For me, Adobe is way faster on my Mac. Same specs as my PC, considering they run on the same computer.

I only ever chill on this page: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34813-experiences-with-non-techies/

If you ever spot me anywhere else, you've earned yourself an imaginary cookie  B)

This video.

Some of the stuff he quoted is so dumb it's not even funny! xD

Life.exe is missing

For me, Adobe is way faster on my Mac. Same specs as my PC, considering they run on the same computer.

If you're using bootcamp be aware windows does not have access to the full performance, only about 70ish % if I remember correctly.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Encountered my friend talking to one of his friends that was getting in the world of pcs, im known for being pretty intelligent regarding pcs, this guy tries to explain to me how he got his ram "g skill vengeance"(yeah sure) to 4500mhz. He also said he had a mini titan which my friend said was a gt 650 ti BOOST. Sure we all boast sometimes and then maybe over react but the first rule about doing that is making sure you are the most knowledgeable person on that topic, if someone rivals or can best you in the topic dont bs to them.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Encountered my friend talking to one of his friends that was getting in the world of pcs, im known for being pretty intelligent regarding pcs, this guy tries to explain to me how he got his ram "g skill vengeance"(yeah sure) to 4500mhz. He also said he had a mini titan which my friend said was a gt 650 ti BOOST. Sure we all boast sometimes and then maybe over react but the first rule about doing that is making sure you are the most knowledgeable person on that topic, if someone rivals or can best you in the topic dont bs to them.

Nothing annoys me more than people who claim to know stuff about computers and start spewing bs all over the crowds of people who actually believe them.

Oh god... Are people seriously that stupid? What has modern society boiled down to?

Stupidity. Pure stupidity.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Not sure if trying to be ironic or just unbelievably stupid. Also, I smell fanboyism.

For me, Adobe is way faster on my Mac. Same specs as my PC, considering they run on the same computer

I honestly might have to give it another try on my hackintosh partition, see what sort of difference I get.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Nothing annoys me more than people who claim to know stuff about computers and start spewing bs all over the crowds of people who actually believe them.

*cough* My friend *cough*

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

someone googled "dogs fucking"

Well, someone googled if it's weird to have sex with my mom.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Two years ago my grandpa FINALLY switched to cable internet from dial-up.

Since my grandfather is usually pretty technical (He used to do all kinds of jobs, mechanical, chemical, etc. He's one of those older people that've done everything.) he told the cable company they didn't need to install the cable for him; he'd do it himself.

Two days later, I get a call. "Joey, I can't use the internet on my PC." Obviously, I go over to fix it, thinking he just didn't plug the cable into the modem/router right.

Once I come over, he shows me how he plugged the cable into the router, shows me how he routed the cable upstairs, which he did rather nicely, and all is well. Until we reach his PC.

Right there I see standing before me a '95 machine with specs so insignificant I can't even remember. Naturally it only had a dial-up modem internal but no ethernet port.

"I couldn't figure out where to plug the cable in."

Naturally he bought a new PC after that.

Two years ago my grandpa FINALLY switched to cable internet from dial-up.

Since my grandfather is usually pretty technical (He used to do all kinds of jobs, mechanical, chemical, etc. He's one of those older people that've done everything.) he told the cable company they didn't need to install the cable for him; he'd do it himself.

Two days later, I get a call. "Joey, I can't use the internet on my PC." Obviously, I go over to fix it, thinking he just didn't plug the cable into the modem/router right.

Once I come over, he shows me how he plugged the cable into the router, shows me how he routed the cable upstairs, which he did rather nicely, and all is well. Until we reach his PC.

Right there I see standing before me a '95 machine with specs so insignificant I can't even remember. Naturally it only had a dial-up modem internal but no ethernet port.

"I couldn't figure out where to plug the cable in."

Naturally he bought a new PC after that.

Good for him. At least he got a modern PC, not a dinosaur. Most senior citizens get shit dinosaurs running XP.

Well live.lmgtfy.com is interesting....

ewvPSi8.png?1

oh and that too (not a techy thing just stupidity)

12e9c6d453.png

Yep, we have some of that stuff too on the thread. Read a few posts back, see what I mean.

in math there was a graphing problem about internet and according to the math problem an internet plan costs $10/GB

there is no possible way that can make sense

There is, in Australia (http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/mobiles-on-a-plan/index.htm#filter/brand//os//features//plan/s/sort/featured), on Telstra's lowest end mobile plan, data costs $110/GB, and they used to have an ADSL2+ plan which cost $50 / month and got you 5GB data...

Intel Core i7 3930k @ Stock    Corsair H80i    Zalman z11 Plus    16GB Corsair Memory     nVidia GeForce GTX 680 4GB     nVidia GeForce GTX 650Ti (PhysX, was a spare card)

Samsung 840 Series 120GB   Corsair Force 3 60GB    2 X 1TB WD Black    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit / Mac OSX 10.8.3

Keyboard: Razar Black Widow Ultimate 2013    Mouse: Razar Deathadder 2013    Monitor(s): 2x BenQ GW2250 + LG Flatron E2211 + Generic GVA Aux Display / TV Speakers: Logitech z506 + 300w Sub

wat

When building i was trying to shove it throught the mobo standoffs on the case.

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

I honestly might have to give it another try on my hackintosh partition, see what sort of difference I get.

Thank you for being open minded and not flaming ;)

The difference isn't that noticeable, not enough to really make THAT much of a difference, but it exists. OSX is a much better OS anyways, Apple just has hardware choices impractical for gaming. Remember, Apple's hardware isn't overpriced; it's just flat out bad.

I only ever chill on this page: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34813-experiences-with-non-techies/

If you ever spot me anywhere else, you've earned yourself an imaginary cookie  B)

I tried to put my z97 mobo through the standoffs.

U WOT M8

It was my first build and i went ful retard.

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!