Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nillas12

Experiences with non-techies

2 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

Circa one year ago my sister started to go to university and for that great achievement (literally just going there) she begged for an MacBook (the small one) from my dad. He's all supportive and ofc gives her the 1400€ device that houses the EXTREMELY POWERFUL Intel M3 processor. 

Hide contents

At that time I already told everyone it was shit but why listen to the guy who sits on a computer forum the whole day and has tons of hardware laying around. 

Whatever, now today she posted a video of her working on her HUSBAND'S LENOVO THINKPAD for a university video project. 

I'm like: yo, don't you have a Mac for that? 

Her: ugh duh, I'm only making backups here. 

Yeah ofc OR MAYBE THE MAC JUST SUCKS BALLS?! 

But to everyone's defence: the Mac is rose-gold. 

I'm sad that Apple butchered the Macbook. The old aluminum Macbooks are some of my favorite laptops ever made.

Do you like Transit? If you do, feel free to leave a post on the Transit thread.

Subaru fans unite.

Desktop(s):

Thunder (main rig):

Ryzen 5 1600@3.9 GHz (1.294V)|ASRock AB350 Pro 4|AMD Wraith Spire|16GB G.Skill RIPJAWS V DDR4 2400 RAM (2x8)|WD Black 256 GB NVME SSD|1TB WD Blue 7200 RPM HDD|6 TB of external storage|GTX 10606GB Turbo|CX650M|Windows 10 Pro|Cooler Master Masterbox 5 Lite RGB|Dell SE2417HG|LG25UM58-P Ultrawide OC 75 Hz (At Max Res)|Dell SP2008WFP|Logitech G602|Havit Magic Eagle HV-KB558CM

Dell XPS 420:

Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz- -> Nicer C2Q or C2E (Quad Core), if possible, someday|Some Dell BTX Socket LGA 775 MoBo|Some Dell cooler|4GB DDR2 667 -> 8 GB MemoryTek DDR2 800 RAM|~600 GB(2 HDDs)|Dell Optical Drive|NVidia GeForce 8800 GT|Working on copying Windows 7 Home Premuim to this machine so I can upgrade to Windows 10 Home|Insignia TV from 2007, I guess. - ->Monitor

Watch, because why not: Casio AE1200WHD-1A

Phone: Samsung Galaxy s8 64GB (with a 200 GB MicroSD card)

Laptop(s):

Acer Spin 15 64GB Chromebook:

Intel Pentium N4200|4GB RAM|64GB SSD|32GB MicroSD card|Intel HD 510|Acer 3A power brick

Dell Latitude D630:

Intel Core 2 Duo T7300|3GB DDR2 RAM-->4GB DDR2 someday|Mobile Intel 935 Express Chipset|1440x900 display|320GB Samsung Hard Drive-->SSD, someday|Windows 7 Home Premium- ->Windows 10 Home, if I can get a battery to update the BIOS

A bunch of Dell Vostro 1000s that I got for free

An old Powerbook that I got for free

And an old 17" Macbook Pro Mid-2007

On this episode of "Stupid Quotes from Non-Techies" we delve deeper into the word of techtards.

*points at GPU* "That's the powar sooply younit!"

"That's an ethernet cable!" *points at power cord*

"24 fps is the highest that a human can see!"

"My monitor using VGA is better than your 60Hz monitor using DVI!"

My rig is so crappy it's irrelevant to put here. Though my AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ from like 2006 has a higher clock speed(2.6GHz) and the same core count than my Intel Celeron-2955U 1.4GHz right now.

Remember that spoiled bitch who once stood on a HDMI Cable and broke the connector ? 

Yeah, I got two new storys from her: 

She was asking me if that is an iPhone "points at my phone", I reply with no it's a OnePlus 5t and she's like: Oh an "Android", it sure is the cheapest on the market !!! 

And on Thursday she came with that she "accidentally" changed the colour of the text in her word document. I go over, press CTRL+Z and she gives me this look as if I'm some sort of wizard. As if reversing things would be some sort of magic, lmao.

Also some Experience with non techies qoutes that I've heard over the last little while:

"Headphone jacks are obsolete"

"I never eject my USB" That's actually how he lost a couple of very important documents, I'm not even kidding.

"Why do I have no reception of Wi-fi nor celuar data in a concrete bunker ?"

One random dude had to do a presentation, he looked at his Macbook Air from 2013 for 3 Minutes straight only to realize it didn't have a HDMI port, and he's like: "HDMI is bullshit"

2 hours ago, Pascal... said:

Remember that spoiled bitch who once stood on a HDMI Cable and bent the connector ? 

Yeah, I got two new storys from her: 

She was asking me if that is an iPhone "points at my phone", I reply with no it's a OnePlus 5t and she's like: Oh an "Android", it sure is the cheapest on the market !!! 

And on Thursday she came with that she "accidentally" changed the colour of the text in her word document. I go over, press CTRL+Z and she gives me this look as if I'm some sort of wizard. As if reversing things would be some sort of magic, lmao.

Also some Experience with non techies qoutes that I've heard over the last little while:

"Headphone jacks are obsolete"

"I never eject my USB" That's actually how he lost a couple of very important documents, I'm not even kidding.

"Why do I have no reception of Wi-fi nor celuar data in a concrete bunker ?"

One random dude had to do a presentation, he looked at his Macbook Air from 2013 for 3 Minutes straight only to realize it didn't have a HDMI port, and he's like: "HDMI is bullshit"

Last year somebody said that iPhones have expandable storage, and that you could upgrade it in Settings. I said that the upgrade was for iCloud, and they said that I didn't know that because I had never owned an iPhone, even though I had seen the settings before. 

Do you like Transit? If you do, feel free to leave a post on the Transit thread.

Subaru fans unite.

Desktop(s):

Thunder (main rig):

Ryzen 5 1600@3.9 GHz (1.294V)|ASRock AB350 Pro 4|AMD Wraith Spire|16GB G.Skill RIPJAWS V DDR4 2400 RAM (2x8)|WD Black 256 GB NVME SSD|1TB WD Blue 7200 RPM HDD|6 TB of external storage|GTX 10606GB Turbo|CX650M|Windows 10 Pro|Cooler Master Masterbox 5 Lite RGB|Dell SE2417HG|LG25UM58-P Ultrawide OC 75 Hz (At Max Res)|Dell SP2008WFP|Logitech G602|Havit Magic Eagle HV-KB558CM

Dell XPS 420:

Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz- -> Nicer C2Q or C2E (Quad Core), if possible, someday|Some Dell BTX Socket LGA 775 MoBo|Some Dell cooler|4GB DDR2 667 -> 8 GB MemoryTek DDR2 800 RAM|~600 GB(2 HDDs)|Dell Optical Drive|NVidia GeForce 8800 GT|Working on copying Windows 7 Home Premuim to this machine so I can upgrade to Windows 10 Home|Insignia TV from 2007, I guess. - ->Monitor

Laptop(s):

Intel Pentium N4200|4GB RAM|64GB SSD|32GB MicroSD card|Intel HD 510|Acer 3A power brick

Dell Latitude D630:

Intel Core 2 Duo T7300|3GB DDR2 RAM-->4GB DDR2 someday|Mobile Intel 935 Express Chipset|1440x900 display|320GB Samsung Hard Drive-->SSD, someday|Windows 7 Home Premium- ->Windows 10 Home, if I can get a battery to update the BIOS

1 minute ago, Kaloob said:

Last year somebody said that iPhones have expandable storage, and that you could upgrade it in Settings. I said that the upgrade was for iCloud, and they said that I didn't know that because I had never owned an iPhone, even though I had seen the settings before. 

#Downloadmoreram?

1 hour ago, Pascal... said:

They said that Apple remotely adds storage when you request it via the aforementioned settings page.

No, they weren't being sarcastic, either.

Subaru fans unite.

Desktop(s):

Thunder (main rig):

Dell XPS 420:

Laptop(s):

Dell Latitude D630:

I have more featuring me. Just a reminder that I also used to be sped.

Yesterday, I experimented with cooling the VRMs via the back of the motherboard by using thermally conductive tape and small heatsinks. Parts of those heatsinks were not anodized, which meant that they were electrically conductive.

Guess who didn't even turn off their PC and started sticking heatsinks on?

One VRM sparked, the PC reset (no long-term hardware damage), and I corrupted a few documents.

THICC BOI SCIENCE

1 hour ago, Schnoz said:

I have more featuring me. Just a reminder that I also used to be sped.

Yesterday, I experimented with cooling the VRMs via the back of the motherboard by using thermally conductive tape and small heatsinks. Parts of those heatsinks were not anodized, which meant that they were electrically conductive.

Guess who didn't even turn off their PC and started sticking heatsinks on?

One VRM sparked, the PC reset (no long-term hardware damage), and I corrupted a few documents.

I ripped out USB 3 header pins before. 

Subaru fans unite.

Desktop(s):

Thunder (main rig):

Dell XPS 420:

Laptop(s):

Dell Latitude D630: