Experiences with non-techies

2 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

upgrading from 180kb/s to 360kb/s

There needs to be a crying reaction for posts like this.

Desktop: [Processor: Intel Skylake i5 6600K (stock for now)][HSF: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO]
[PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2][Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Silver]
[Motherboard: AsRock Z170 Extreme4][RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666]
[Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 03G-P4-6160-KR]
[Hard Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB]
Notebook: [HP Envy x360 15z][Ryzen 7 2700U w/ Radeon RX Vega 10][8GB RAM][256GB m.2 nVME SSD]

Gaming:[SteamID: STEAM_0:0:1792244 - "[TC]CreepingDeath"]

Just now, NunoLava1998 said:

3 months for the 400

Sure... Let me clone myself to perform the other aspects of my job that keep me busy 40+ hours a week.

Desktop: [Processor: Intel Skylake i5 6600K (stock for now)][HSF: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO]
[PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2][Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Silver]
[Motherboard: AsRock Z170 Extreme4][RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666]
[Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 03G-P4-6160-KR]
[Hard Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB]
Notebook: [HP Envy x360 15z][Ryzen 7 2700U w/ Radeon RX Vega 10][8GB RAM][256GB m.2 nVME SSD]

Gaming:[SteamID: STEAM_0:0:1792244 - "[TC]CreepingDeath"]

That moment when students bring their personal Macbooks to school and the screen is coverd in fingerprints.

1. Don't buy Apple products because they're ridiculously over priced, imo
  2. You never touch a Display that dosen't have touch input, you can damage it that way

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

The CEO of a CAD Design company told me he didn't understand why the internet at his building was so slow.... "I have a T1 line".

So our IT people aren't that smart after all.

They called an Acer Switch Alpha 12 a Surface Pro.

dafuq why does a child know better

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

Circa one year ago my sister started to go to university and for that great achievement (literally just going there) she begged for an MacBook (the small one) from my dad. He's all supportive and ofc gives her the 1400€ device that houses the EXTREMELY POWERFUL Intel M3 processor. 

Spoiler

At that time I already told everyone it was shit but why listen to the guy who sits on a computer forum the whole day and has tons of hardware laying around. 

Whatever, now today she posted a video of her working on her HUSBAND'S LENOVO THINKPAD for a university video project. 

I'm like: yo, don't you have a Mac for that? 

Her: ugh duh, I'm only making backups here. 

Yeah ofc OR MAYBE THE MAC JUST SUCKS BALLS?! 

But to everyone's defence: the Mac is rose-gold. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

On this episode of "Stupid Quotes from Non-Techies" we delve deeper into the word of techtards.

*points at GPU* "That's the powar sooply younit!"

"That's an ethernet cable!" *points at power cord*

"24 fps is the highest that a human can see!"

"My monitor using VGA is better than your 60Hz monitor using DVI!"

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

Spoiler

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

Remember that spoiled bitch who once stood on a HDMI Cable and broke the connector ? 

Yeah, I got two new storys from her: 

She was asking me if that is an iPhone "points at my phone", I reply with no it's a OnePlus 5t and she's like: Oh an "Android", it sure is the cheapest on the market !!! 

And on Thursday she came with that she "accidentally" changed the colour of the text in her word document. I go over, press CTRL+Z and she gives me this look as if I'm some sort of wizard. As if reversing things would be some sort of magic, lmao.

Also some Experience with non techies qoutes that I've heard over the last little while:

"Headphone jacks are obsolete"

"I never eject my USB" That's actually how he lost a couple of very important documents, I'm not even kidding.

"Why do I have no reception of Wi-fi nor celuar data in a concrete bunker ?"

One random dude had to do a presentation, he looked at his Macbook Air from 2013 for 3 Minutes straight only to realize it didn't have a HDMI port, and he's like: "HDMI is bullshit"

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

1 minute ago, Kaloob said:

Last year somebody said that iPhones have expandable storage, and that you could upgrade it in Settings. I said that the upgrade was for iCloud, and they said that I didn't know that because I had never owned an iPhone, even though I had seen the settings before. 

#Downloadmoreram?

On 5/4/2019 at 8:05 AM, BigRom said:

Even Jeff Bezos probably has less ****ing RAM in his Amazon servers

I'm pretty sure Amazon has its memory in PBs. Top 1 supercomputer has close to 3PB of memory.

And thus this is probably my biggest experience with non-techies

On 4/26/2019 at 12:29 PM, Kaloob said:

Ah, okay. 

My Ryzen 3 1200 was at 3.7 at 1.40. I'll probably stick to my current clocks, I have the Spire, and don't want to go near the "max safe voltage" of 1.425V. 

Thanks, though!

Holy Toledo, that’s pretty bad, I got 4GHz at 1.4 easy

Edit: I just remembered that I did actually have to lower the clocks a bit after my pc crashed in one particular game, however, this was only because I did not have time to continue messing with the OC

Edited by GrockleTD
Correction

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

58 minutes ago, Schnoz said:

Two weeks ago:

Red flags of a virus-infected computer:

- An 8650U quad-core idles at 50 percent.

- The desktop wallpaper is a ransom message (Cerber).

- The downloads folder has exactly 11.3 gigabytes of sketchy files.

- All the "zip" files have an .exe extension appended to them.

- There is a folder in C:/Program Files/Microsoft called "User Account Pictures" where all the "pictures" are exe files.

- A flash drive I plugged in with a copy of Malwarebytes was instantly encrypted.

- When I finally got Malwarebytes on there, it found 1052 threats.

Yeah, I think there's a virus.

Schnoz Virus Tips 

1 minute ago, Kaloob said:

I got 3.9 at 1.29 V on my 1600. 

Yes, but this comment was directed at the voltages required for the R3 1200

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

Bringing you another episode of: "Stupid Quotes from Non-Techies"

"My phone's CPU is better than a 9900K!!!!!!!!"

"Apple is under priced!!!!!!"

"Android is stupid and expensive!!!!!!"

"Wired mice are obsolete!!!!!!"

"Chrome OS is the best operating system."

"All computers are created equal."

"A Raspberry Pi is more powerful than a 2500K."

"VGA is the best cable type."

"1080p is the same as 4K!!"

"All speakers are the same!"

"Beats are under priced."

Spoiler

57 minutes ago, Kaloob said:

All I hear at my school is that all Android phones are dirt cheap and are for poor people, contrary to this. 

The funny thing about all this is that a typical Android flagship costs nearly as much as the top-level iPhone in its baseline configuration 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

I know this isn’t really relevant to this thread but @Schnoz @Kaloob it ended up taking 1.44V to get 4 gigglehurts stable

Just now, Kaloob said:

I did that on my Ryzen 3 (3.7 GHz) with the Stealth. What cooler do you use?

Deepcool gammaxx 400

12 minutes ago, Kaloob said:

How much better is it than the Wraith Spire?

It is a 140W cooler

* Manager freaking out * : How come user X doesn't have *business application* installed?? He needs this application to work!

* Calm tech * : No problem, we'll fix that ASAP!

... business application is an online application, you can't install it ... but knowing the users, the tech goes to \\computer\c$\user\desktop\ and puts a shortcut to the website. He then call the user and have him try the shortcut (and it works, of course).

User left a 5 star review praising the tech ... for putting a shortcut on his desktop ... for an internal website that can be reached from the intranet home page ... *sigh*

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

That moment when you're sitting in class, it's silent and all, and you just go ham with the Keyboard ~90-100 wpm and the guy next to you gives you this stare as if you're hacking the sh!t out of something (and I'm just typing on a Lenovo L560). It would be interesting to see their reaction to my Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB with MX Browns.

Just now, Pascal... said:

That moment when you're sitting in class, it's silent and all, and you just go ham with the Keyboard ~90-100 wpm and the guy next to you gives you this stare as if you're hacking the sh!t out of something (and I'm just typing on a Lenovo L560). It would be interesting to see their reaction to my Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB with MX Browns.

*mein got they must be braking into Fort Knox!*

2 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

* Manager freaking out * : How come user X doesn't have *business application* installed?? He needs this application to work!

* Calm tech * : No problem, we'll fix that ASAP!

... business application is an online application, you can't install it ... but knowing the users, the tech goes to \\computer\c$\user\desktop\ and puts a shortcut to the website. He then call the user and have him try the shortcut (and it works, of course).

User left a 5 star review praising the tech ... for putting a shortcut on his desktop ... for an internal website that can be reached from the intranet home page ... *sigh*

Dude, I make everything here desktop short cuts, it's easier for older people to understand than say a bookmark bar or whatever. The visual representation is key, I assign a special icon to each so they can tell them apart more easily for the more older people I work with.

25 minutes ago, Schnoz said:

So I mentioned this in a status update, but:

My CPU overclock was a bit unstable because the VRMs on my mobo couldn't supply enough power. I removed the VRM heatsink to apply thermal paste and replace the thermal pad. When I removed it, it fell on my brand-new 1060 and killed it.

F

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

3 hours ago, Schnoz said:

My CPU overclock was a bit unstable because the VRMs on my mobo couldn't supply enough power. I removed the VRM heatsink to apply thermal paste and replace the thermal pad. When I removed it, it fell on my brand-new 1060 and killed it.

Physical damage?

On 5/22/2019 at 3:57 AM, Schnoz said:

Its like programming isn't it, you try to fix one tiny smol bug and now you've created 10 more

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L