GTA V ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT

ace2k8
Go to solution Solved by RetroMyke,

Turn off Fraps. That seemed to work for me.

My GTA V keeps crashing after 5 to 15 min of game play. Does not matter if its online or SP.  Tried to uninstall the game from my HDD and put it on my SSD Raid to see if it would help and nothing. Running Windows 7 and a Bad ass rig. I know my PC is over the top and can play the game so that is not the problem. I do have the newest Nvidia drivers and I tried SLI and non SLI.

post-37299-0-83025900-1429016213.png

Yea I hate when I pay for games and they don't work.  Its almost like the people that Pirate don't have the same problems. 

I have the same problem have tried everything.. kick ass rig.. any ideas? 

Did y'all update the drivers. Both Nvidia and AMD got (beta) drivers out for this game. 

If problems like this and many others are not rectified then I am sure that I have to pirate it on my bros pc.

So was any one running fraps. I am using fraps too. I will cut it off and give it a try. 

So was any one running fraps. I am using fraps too. I will cut it off and give it a try. 

Hopefully that works for ya.

Hopefully that works for ya.

Worked out just fine. Thanks man. 

I have the issue, I dont have Fraps. Clean install of Windows 1 day before GTA V.

PC Specs

Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Intel i7 3930K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 32GB (8x4GB) | MSI GTX 980 +200MHz +200MHz | Corsair HX1050i PSU

Corsair Force 120GB SSD | Western Digital 2TB Green HDD | Corsair Carbide 500R Midtower | Random DVD Burner | Corsair H100 for CPU

Having this issue as well. Sometimes can't even get into the game. Extremely frustrating...

Specs:

Intel i7-4790K @ 4.7 GHz cooled by Corsair H80i | ASUS Maximus VII Formula |  G.Skill 8 GB (2 x 4GB) 2133 | EVGA 980 Superclocked (Fry) | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro OS Drive | WD Black HDD | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO | Corsair Vengeance K70 | Logitech G502 Proteus Core

lol @ AMD 8350

Turn off Fraps. That seemed to work for me.

What if I don't have Fraps running?

PC Specs   - Black and White Build

Intel Core i5 4690k MSI Z97S Krait LGA 1150

Crucial Ballistix Sport 1x8GB 1600MHZ

Sapphire Radeon R9 270 (Will be upgrading this soon)

EVGA 500W PSU

Phanteks Enthoo Pro - White

I was having this problem and, for me, it seems to be related to MSI Afterburner... I thought my overclock was stable so I'm not sure if it's that or they just don't get along.

Edited by Chrjz

Hi Guys,

i had this problem too. Nothing helped. Clocking down, not using afterburner, nothing.

Then a buddy gave me a hint i should try to disable vsync and Tesselation. Vsync was disabled from the beginning, so i disabled Tesselation. And what shall I say: It worked. :D :D

So try to disable Tesselation and see if it runs well then. I had no issues in an one hour session, before it crashed at least every 5 mins into the game.

I hope they will fix this though, because Tesselation looks nice, but for the moment I can  live without it :D

Greetings

Sixi

Hi Guys,

i had this problem too. Nothing helped. Clocking down, not using afterburner, nothing.

Then a buddy gave me a hint i should try to disable vsync and Tesselation. Vsync was disabled from the beginning, so i disabled Tesselation. And what shall I say: It worked. :D :D

So try to disable Tesselation and see if it runs well then. I had no issues in an one hour session, before it crashed at least every 5 mins into the game.

I hope they will fix this though, because Tesselation looks nice, but for the moment I can  live without it :D

Greetings

Sixi

Sounds like that would work, I don't want to disable V-sync because of tearing (getting g-sync soon so that will be fixed). Tesselation is nice to have but I might disable it next time I play. Usually I play for around 2-3 hours before I crash.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

I have the same problem, although it doesn't seem to happen on regular intervals. I will try some solutions given here and see if they fix the issue.

I heard that toggling your VSYNC will fix this.

Case: Fractal Design R4 (x2 Noctua 140mm Fans, x2 Fractal Design Fans)            Processor: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.2GHz (Hyper 212 Evo)             Audioengine A5+ Black Speakers

Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G45 ATX LGA1155 Z77 DDR3                                           Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 1080 SC                                               Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Red

Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 4X4GB DDR3-1600                                                     Power Supply: OCZ Z-Series Semi Modular Gold 850W                 ASUS & LG 21.5 Monitor (Dual monitor arm)

I have all my settings on minimum, this error occurs every now and again, I THINK it is somehow related to graphical buffer overflow. Or this is a DirectX issue, because the problem persisted on dx 10, 10.1 and 11

Any way, it is clearly not our fault, guys

I played for a few hours last night without changing any of my settings and the crash never happened. So I'm not exactly sure what's going on.

Last night I was able to play for 4 hours without a crash, the solution was to delete the campaign progress and delete the Rockstar folder in my user/AppData/. Then I ran the game without touching the graphics settings (auto detected settings). No problems. I also un-installed MSI Afterburner and Fraps. Hopefully they get this issue resolved soon.

It seems like the overkill option because you don't know which of the many changes caused the game to work properly.  But then again, a solution is a solution. :)

I really suspect it is anything related to screen overlays.  The reason is because I've always used MSI Afterburner with the overlay enabled.  The game crashed around the 10 minute mark of each time playing it.  I disabled this, and while I didn't play for a long time, the game did not crash.

I use MSI Afterburner to capture video clips, but I also like the overlay for information.  I decided to enable Shadowplay instead.  This features overlay, whether the FPS counter is enabled or not.  Even if the FPS counter is disabled, there is still an overlay element of the Shadowplay recording icon in the bottom right corner.  The game crashes after about 10-15 minutes.  I disabled Shadowplay last night, and played for over an hour straight.

this game hates my overclock. my clock is stable on literally every other game except this one and it really bothers me that i have to downclock

this game hates my overclock. my clock is stable on literally every other game except this one and it really bothers me that i have to downclock

I feel your pain. This game crashed my cards several times when my OC was awesome in every game I own. I then had to down clock for this game a bit and it was fine. Interesting.

| Intel 5820K OC'd 4.6Ghz (Swifttech H320 X2) | Asus x99 Deluxe w/ USB 3.1 | 32GB Corsair DDR4 Ram | 2 Nvidia GTX 980ti Classified's | 250gb Samsung EVO SSD OS Drive | 128GB Samsung SSD Cache Drive | 1TB Samsung EVO SSD | 2TB & 4TB Western Digital HDD | Corsair K70 Keyboard | Beyerdynamic 990 Pro 250 | ASUS 27" ROG Swift