How much data do you use a month?

dylandylandylan

unlimited but I use about 100gb/month on average.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

around 150GB each month.

I get 200Gb for like $110 and the speed is horrible 

Asus Maximus VI Extreme, I7 4770K, NZXT Kraken X60, Kingston HyperXBeast DDR-3 2400, Sapphire 6950, NZXT Phantom 820, SanDisk 120Gb Extreme x2 in Raid, 2Tb WD Green, SeaSonic X-850 Gold

Lol, don't worry, I think my upload statistics are one of a kind on this forum :)

Not quite, if I count my work related sites, I do approx 175Tb month ;-), but I run a small data center with multiple uncontended fibre links. From home I do a few Tb a month.

Current Rig (Ongoing Build)

Spec:- 4770K | GTX 780 | 32Gb 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro | CaseLabs TH10 | 2 x 840 Pro RAID 0 | 3 x 3Tb WD Red RAID 5 | Maximus VI Formula | LSI MegaRAID 9271

Cooling (Ongoing Build) :- EK CSQ Clean | EK FC Titan | 3 x BlackIce SR-1 480mm | NB eLoop Fans | Aquaero 5 XT | Dual D5 | Aqualis XT Res

I use 60GB a month on average, but with the 4 of us together in the family it's about 120GB.

Main PC: i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz Corsair H100i V2 | MSI GD65-Z77A | NZXT Tempest 410 Elite | MSI 1080Ti Gaming | Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB @ 1600Mhz | 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Seagate 2TB | Corsair RM650x

FTW are you guys doing that uses so much data?

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

FTW are you guys doing that uses so much data?

look up Dutch piracy laws.

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

I probably use a lot, but I have unlimited downlaods so I'm good :)

Sarah Jessica Parker

On average, 400-800GB a month (goes high if there's big Steam updates/Xbox 360 updates), but the package is unlimited!

On average, 400-800GB a month (goes high if there's big Steam updates/Xbox 360 updates), but the package is unlimited!

A "big" Steam update is like 1MB, and Xbox 360 updates are like 100MB if they are big. Neither of them should affect your upload/download for the month very much. If you turly use 400-800GB a month, then big updates to both Steam and Xbox 360 wouldn't really be noticeable.

We don't have a limit, but we only have 6mbps, so using a lot isn't easy and takes a long time, one 720p youtube vid is about as much as it can handle without slowing down significantly..

I use about 200GB per month

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

A "big" Steam update is like 1MB, and Xbox 360 updates are like 100MB if they are big. Neither of them should affect your upload/download for the month very much. If you turly use 400-800GB a month, then big updates to both Steam and Xbox 360 wouldn't really be noticeable.

I should clarify that when I say Steam updates, that included each of my 460 Steam games as well as the client?

I should clarify that when I say Steam updates, that included each of my 460 Steam games as well as the client?

You got 460 steam games installed? I got 127 games and they take up about 550GB, which means your Steam library would be about 2TB (assuming roughly the same size per game as I have).

That would explain your high data usage though.

You got 460 steam games installed? I got 127 games and they take up about 550GB, which means your Steam library would be about 2TB (assuming roughly the same size per game as I have).

That would explain your high data usage though.

SCBvMRZ.png

i can recommend netspeedmonitor, it's a great little program which shows data usage and speeds, very nice interface

2bcbcQF.pnga

I use about 150GB to 170GB? a month but I have unlimited data so... :D

I apparently use a lot as I get constant email complaints from my college campus computer help desk for sucking down more bandwidth then most dorm halls :P, I went on an update spree one month and also downloaded a ton of Isos and blew past 1TB in a month, that was not fun explaining to them that I deal with large files and large programs for my major, ( alot of my projects are 20-30gb in size and they get sent back and forth through file transfer multiple times, so it rapes bandwidth)

I apparently use a lot as I get constant email complaints from my college campus computer help desk for sucking down more bandwidth then most dorm halls :P, I went on an update spree one month and also downloaded a ton of Isos and blew past 1TB in a month, that was not fun explaining to them that I deal with large files and large programs for my major, ( alot of my projects are 20-30gb in size and they get sent back and forth through file transfer multiple times, so it rapes bandwidth)

1TB is nothing

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

look up Dutch piracy laws.

That doesn't really answer my question.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I use 30 gigs a month on my phone.... On my home internet, let's just say it's a lot, but I have unlimited

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

blade of grass, on 08 Aug 2013 - 02:11 AM, said:

That doesn't really answer my question.

This is in the code of conduct:

6. Piracy, Copyright Material, Cracks and Product Keys

• "Copyright Material" is any material protected by legally recognized copyright;
  • "Piracy" is the unauthorized copying of software or any material subject to copyright;
  • "Cracks" are programs that disable copy-protection technology;
  • A "Key" is a combination of numbers and/or letters required for software installation.
You may not request, distribute, link to or enable any activities which involve the procurement or distribution of pirated software, product cracks or keys or the supply, exchange or distribution of any copyright material including TV recordings. Doing so may result in the termination of your account without notice. In addition, the following violations are grounds for moderator action to your post and/or account:
  • Seeking help to create or find cracks.
  • Seeking missing files that are supplied with copyrighted installation CD(s)
  • Admitting to being involved in the distribution of copyrighted software/media, cracks and product keys.
  • Requesting or discussing the trade, sale, exchange or supply of any copyrighted material including (but not limited) to TV recordings, DVDs, movies, music, software etc.
  • Identifying torrents sources or websites where copyright material may be obtained.
  • Provide or request login details for restricted website

Have some imagination :P

I believe ATTs (And I know.. ATT sucks.. but oh well, can't be picky) download cap is around 150 GB/month, as for personal usage? Idk, never tried checking it. But I'm pretty sure a family of 6 can get pretty close to that at the end of the month. Connection is currently 6mb dl, so about average for our area- And no extra money is spent on streaming like netflix etc.. so that keeps the usage down a lot.

Where I live there is a 250GB cap.  My family uses about 600GB a month.  Most of that bandwidth is used for steam downloads and netflix streams.

If you never need to pull a server out of racks, you are probably doing something right.

Last 30 days I've used 6.8TB though I've been away from home for two weeks so during a normal month it would be a lot more.

Current Desktop: AMD Phenom II 955 @ 3.8GHz | Cooler Master V8 | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX | ASUS GTX 570 | OCZ ModXStream 700W | Fractal Design Define R4 |
Preferred Programs: Foobar2000 | Firefox - Nightly | MPC-HC | µTorrent 2.2.1 | Hexchat | | Shell & Visual Style: bblean & Windows Classic with 3DCC |

Periferals: BenQ G2420HDB | LG M2262DP | Corsair SP2500 | Corsair K60 | Razer Naga | ATH-M50WH | PS3 | PS2 | Sony Xperia S | iPod Touch 3g 32GB |