GTA5 Port Problems & Praises

Nexxus

QUESTION:

Does anyone know if Online is cross-platform? Or are only PC players able to play together? Most of my friends have consoles...

QUESTION:

Does anyone know if Online is cross-platform? Or are only PC players able to play together? Most of my friends have consoles...

Nope, they aren't cross platform.

One last update with TBs port report that should answer anything someone might bring up. Enjoy your game everyone.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: ASUS RTX 2080TI | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Nope, they aren't cross platform.

Ugh, of course.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K (all cores synced to 3.8GHz)

Ram: Samsung MV-3V4G4D/US 2x4GB 

Video card: GTX 980

Approx FPS (if applicable): idk. High as 120FPS with as low as 50FPS when moving out and around the city. Average should be 70-80FPS

1080p everything at the highest possible setting. Except FXAA. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

2500k @4.0ghz..Gtx 960 slightly oced ...

Everything maxed out @1080p except MSAA x2 ..TXAA off getting avg 50+fps!!!

Very well done rock star and I am in love with it!

Runs fine on GTX760 and Xeon 1230v3

Almost stable 60fps at high/very high

Only the 59Hz bug is annoying, but I am running my monitor at 45Hz anyway so I am getting rock solid 45Hz at very high settings.

2 steps ahead of you retracted my last update statement to put that in the 1st post.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: ASUS RTX 2080TI | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

The game keeps crashing during the Mr. Philips mission. I'm guessing it has something to do with the map as looking up the error code seems to show other users having problems at other parts of the map. This is just really sucky as I normally don't play singleplayer games but this time I really wanted to. Hope rockstar is quick at solving the last bugs. Also, I don't have the steam version, so Verifying game Cache is not a possiblity. Here is a video showing off what the crash looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jA2wSJtDEw&

I've had stuttering issues, it shows up when I'm driving.

CPU: I5 4670k @ 4.4Ghz
Ram :2x4GB crucial ballistix @1866Mhz
Video card: Asus 6950 with unlocked shaders @ 820/1300

Approx FPS: 60-80fps, low-medium settings, no AA @ 1080p.

Little issue i have, when i play self radio, i get issues with lag and suttering, cpu useage goes all the way up to 95-100% with it. With another station it's about 80-90%. But exept that, no issues, exept a couple of game crashes, but that's to be expected :D

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Runs like a boss at max settings, 1440p @ 144Hz. 60-90 FPS. Rig in sig. 

Teamviewer has to be completely closed or my game will only play in windowed mode. Super lame. 

Desktop: 12900k // 128GB DDR5 // 2x 3070

Laptop: Razer Blade 15 Advanced (2022) // i9 12-900H // 64GB DDR5 // 3080 Ti

The game keeps crashing during the Mr. Philips mission. I'm guessing it has something to do with the map as looking up the error code seems to show other users having problems at other parts of the map. This is just really sucky as I normally don't play singleplayer games but this time I really wanted to. Hope rockstar is quick at solving the last bugs. Also, I don't have the steam version, so Verifying game Cache is not a possiblity. Here is a video showing off what the crash looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jA2wSJtDEw&

Is it a heist mission?  I've seen reports of a few heists bugging out, and there's a 250MB-ish patch I just downloaded today on Steam for GTA V.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Damn, I kept on having this err_gfx_d3d_init code while playing the game last night. Eventually I got frustrated and reinstalled Windows and GTA V, clean slate on all of my drives and Windows of course. Can't wait to try it out, I'm really hoping there was something wrong with Windows earlier.

Extreme. That's what I did to try to address Titanfall issues a couple weeks ago. Worked like a mofo. Good luck to ya. 

Desktop: 12900k // 128GB DDR5 // 2x 3070

Laptop: Razer Blade 15 Advanced (2022) // i9 12-900H // 64GB DDR5 // 3080 Ti

I've been having alot of problem with the online multiplayer... or to be more precise, I cant play multiplayer at all =.= The few time I manage to see someone in the session , it's at most 1-2 people, and I can interact with them (IE kill them, talk with them etc) but as soon as I invited them to a game, the game kick me out of the session or kick the other guy out of the session. And I've no luck even trying to connect to my friend session even when we already added each other on Social Club...

There's alot of way people have been saying that can fix it here:

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/203468027--GTA-Online-PC-Joining-into-Empty-lobbies-Failed-to-find-compatible-sessions-?page=2

But none work for me... at this point the only thing I havent try yet is doing that crazy thing people suggesting: replacing the file of the one I paid for on Steam with the file from the pirated version, and that seem to work for alot of people too...

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

To the people who use a motherboard that have the Killer E2200 Ethernet port like me, here's the fix I found: If you using the Killer Ethernet Manager version that have the advance tab, use the way described on this topic: https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/203468027--GTA-Online-PC-Joining-into-Empty-lobbies-Failed-to-find-compatible-sessions-?page=2

If you are using the version that dont have the Advance Tab like me, go here: http://www.msi.com/support/mb/Z87-GD65-GAMING.html#down-driver&Win8.164 , go to Driver tab, choose your operation system, download the "Killer Network Driver (driver only)", then go to Control Panel, Uninstall a program, Uninstall the Killer Ethernet Manager Suite, it will uninstall the driver for the ethernet port as well so you cant go into the internet after this. Restart the computer, then go to the (driver only) file you downloaded before,go to your windows version folder(w81=windows 8.1, x64= 64bit), right click on the e22w8x64.inf (for windows 8/8.3 64 bit) and choose install. The network should be back now and the game should be running fine...

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log