Why do people hate apple products?

The thing you have to know it is not the same display as the Dell monitor. The Dell monitor has 10-bit colors and the mac has 8-bit colors.

Also, you can make a beats PC (or even Macintosh) for how much you pay for the iMac 

I actually find that very interesting. thanks for the heads up! But it's almost $2,000. You can buy that same iMac at the default config for $2500. That's a whole computer with the display.

I'm saying this in the context of LTT just to be clear.

People around here cringe when people even mention pre-built PCs, let alone Apple. Truth is, we would rather build PCs, but most people don't know how to do that. A lot of us tinker with our phones, jailbreak/root them and install tweaks that may very well make them unstable, most people can't and won't do or deal with that.

Most people want a device that works. A Samsung Galaxy S6 or an iPhone 6, a MacBook Pro or a Lenovo X1, an iMac or a Dell AIO, a Mac Pro or a Dell XPS desktop. You can go to Best Buy, pick one up, plug it in/turn it on and go. Nothing else. I didn't mean to say other devices require tinkering, but rather that what we do requires it.

But...but...THIS COMMUNITY SPEAKS FOR THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY!!!

/s

Sometimes I wonder if people here actually venture into the real world to see what its really like, and how normal people actually buy stuff. 

But but but but if its got an Apple sticker on it must be good....right right right right. Someone please agree with me right?

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I have to use an iPad everyday for school and love it. No problems with it. PC wise, I prefer to have Windows but I wouldn't mind to use a Mac for it. Everyone around me has iPhones so I know they love it. I like the iPods. Just some Apple things are ridiculous such as the Apple Watch especially for the price. But all in all I don't have complaints with Apple.

i cryed ;'(((((

But yeah, I would prefer not to overpay for something I wont enjoy using. 

I still have my iPhone 4s tho, paid 600 euro handjecontantje three years ago and is still rocking solid by today. Not too expensive if you accept the possible longevity of the device if you don't have any urges to purchase a newer model.

Windows has the software I need or want without having to look for alternatives or dual boot into Windows. When I want a program I don't have to worry if they have a mac version. I don't have to worry if my OS has a driver for any new hardware I pick up. 

I still have my iPhone 4s tho, paid 600 euro handjecontantje three years ago and is still rocking solid by today. Not too expensive if you accept the possible longevity of the device if you don't have any urges to purchase a newer model.

But with todays society we must have a new cell phone every 6 months to keep up with trends because reasons.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Alright. Thank you for the posts and for letting me know why people think apple is crap. I agree with most of these comments. I still don't think apple is horrible, just pretty overpriced and locked down. Well, I will be leaving. Thanks to everyone who commented!

I actually find that very interesting. thanks for the heads up! But it's almost $2,000. You can buy that same iMac at the default config for $2500. That's a whole computer with the display.

The base model has 8 or 16 GB RAM I think and an i5 CPU.

Together with some more (but necessary parts for such a machine) that was like 3500 USD.

That leaves 1500 USD for a PC (sine the Dell display is 2000). With that you can make a killer PC! Even a Hackingtosh if you wanted OSX.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

But with todays society we must have a new cell phone every 6 months to keep up with trends because reasons.

I buy cheap clothes on purpose, don't have latest smartphones or any watch on my wrist or rayban sunglasses and still people say I'm friendly and look good.

It's all about (that bass? no. okay I hate megan trainor or w/e the f she's called ) your perspective and mindset mate.

In the context of Apple's phones and the entire spec war that Android phone manufacturers seem to need to have:

People seem to think better specs = better experience. That's why when they see iPhones, they say they're overpriced and underspecced. Realistically speaking, they're not. Good specs + good software-to-hardware optimization = better experience. Apple make phones that, on the surface, don't have the most amazing specs. The iPhone 6/Plus has a dual-core 1.4GHz 64-bit CPU with 1GB RAM, the Samsung Galaxy S6 has an octa-core (little big configuration) Cortex A53/A57 1.5GHz/2.1GHz 64-bit CPU with 3GB RAM. That sounds like three+ times the specs, but how much better is real-world performance? From someone who has used both, they feel about as snappy as each other. Apple, by controlling what hardware is used and how it communicates with the software, is able to make a phone that should be significantly slower than an S6 feel just as new.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)