I need a gaming mouse.

BghMc

Im not trying to be mean here or anything but to me that seems quite odd as its a larger mouse and is definitely more of a palm grip mouse and to me would not feel natural to fingertip grip.

Well I had a Deathadder before so it's definitely smaller. It's great build quality and it's comfortable for my hand. I guess I may have a slightly larger hand than most people, but it's definitely comfortable for me.

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

No I wouldnt recommend the G500s unless you really want the G400s but with a laser. The reason I say this is the G700s is a far better option in my opinion especially in the ergonomics department.

Wait, the G500s has a different sensor compared to the G400s? Aren't the both laser and I'd probably buy the G500s because of the onboard memory, the sensitivty adjustment and the extra buttons.

Wait, the G500s has a different sensor compared to the G400s? Aren't the both laser and I'd probably buy the G500s because of the onboard memory, the sensitivty adjustment and the extra buttons.

G400s is optical, G500s is laser.

The g500 is less precise and has an inferior sensor compared to the g400. The g500 has prediction and acceleration built in unfortunately. The problem is all logitech mice share those issues except the 400 so I would recommend the g9x or 700 either. Only the g400. 

We've been through this.

Edit: Twice, in fact.

Prediction/Angle Snapping is not built in on the G500s. Software enabled or disabled. ( default  is disabled )

Prediction/Angle Snapping is not built in on the G500s. Software enabled or disabled. ( default  is disabled )

It is built in. It's an inherent problem with the sensor. Even if you turn the software portion of it off. 

It is built in. It's an inherent problem with the sensor. Even if you turn the software portion of it off. 

It is not built in to the hardware...

Shall i quote a person who actually works at Logitech?

It is not built in to the hardware...

Shall i quote a person who actually works at Logitech?

You can. I am pretty sure I know the exact post you are going to quote. But there is acceleration in the g500 even with all of the software turned off. 

Well I had a Deathadder before so it's definitely smaller. It's great build quality and it's comfortable for my hand. I guess I may have a slightly larger hand than most people, but it's definitely comfortable for me.

Monster Hands!!!

Yes the G400s has a 4000dpi Optical Sensor and the G500s has a 8200dpi Laser Sensor. The G400s and precious iterations have always had sensitivity adjustment and extra buttons, so i dont know what your on about there.

The g500 is less precise and has an inferior sensor compared to the g400. The g500 has prediction and acceleration built in unfortunately. The problem is all logitech mice share those issues except the 400 so I would recommend the g9x or 700 either. Only the g400. 

Less precise would be true but not accuracy, though precision is really what you want in a mouse. I dont know if you get the news but the G400s and G500s as well others have been out for a while now. The laser has been swapped out to one with less problems in the upgrade. 

One thing I would really like to point out is that its not the G500 that has the issues that is all the senor now days. Also they didnt build them in those are side effects and I can tell you they probably did their very best to minimize them using current technology. Its not just logitech mice or even laser mice, optical mice can have issues like these as well or even other issues its nearly 100% up to the sensor, though certain optimizations and fixes can be done with firmware or software 2 examples are the CM Storm Spawn and the Original Logitech G5. Also most people could care less if a sensor doesnt track 100% perfect since 95%+ is good enough. But if they do want one they probably already know which models can do that or where to look.

You can. I am pretty sure I know the exact post you are going to quote. But there is acceleration in the g500 even with all of the software turned off. 

Did you eve read what he was talking about? Angle Snapping and Acceleration are NOT the same thing.

Yeeea no where did I mention acceleration.

:p

Did you eve read what he was talking about? Angle Snapping and Acceleration are NOT the same thing.

While that is true, they both lead to the mouse not being as precise or accurate. When the g400 is nearly perfect I see no reason to get a g500 which costs more. Hell you can also buy a Deathadder 2013 (which also has a near perfect sensor) for the same price as the g500 usually. 

Yeeea no where did I mention acceleration.

:P

To be fair, it was very early on my end when I saw your post and wasn't paying attention. I still mean what I said though, positive acceleration is a problem, especially when a less expensive mouse has none. 

While that is true, they both lead to the mouse not being as precise or accurate. When the g400 is nearly perfect I see no reason to get a g500 which costs more. Hell you can also buy a Deathadder 2013 (which also has a near perfect sensor) for the same price as the g500 usually. 

No, angle snapping actually makes it more precise. What is you need or want the higher DPI? What about all the extra buttons, maybe some people need more?

No, angle snapping actually makes it more precise. What is you need or want the higher DPI? What about all the extra buttons, maybe some people need more?

No one needs an insanely high DPI. That said the Deathadder has a DPI of 6400 but no one needs that. As to extra buttons, if you really need them then by all means. I'm just saying that the g500 is less precise and accurate than a g400 or Deathadder. 

As to angle snapping making the mouse more precise? Not at all. It helps you maintain a straight line at the expensive of adding prediction which lowers the accuracy of the mouse. So it might help you in games if you opponent and you are constantly at the same elevation and never moving. Other than that, it's just going to make your aim worse. 

Deathadder, hands down. Went from Deathadder to Sensei and back to Deathadder 2013 edition. There is no other mouse that I can recommend more than this amazing piece of hardware.

Razer do make amazing mice.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

No one needs an insanely high DPI. That said the Deathadder has a DPI of 6400 but no one needs that. As to extra buttons, if you really need them then by all means. I'm just saying that the g500 is less precise and accurate than a g400 or Deathadder. 

As to angle snapping making the mouse more precise? Not at all. It helps you maintain a straight line at the expensive of adding prediction which lowers the accuracy of the mouse. So it might help you in games if you opponent and you are constantly at the same elevation and never moving. Other than that, it's just going to make your aim worse. 

I would have to disagree with no one needing it I have i a few select cases needed it and even above 6400. Also you should stop using G400 and G500 as the G400s and G500s have been out from some time with upgrades.

Yes by the definition of precision the sensor is more precise with angle snapping on. Yes maintaining a straight line would mean its more precise this is at a very small cost in accuracy as you just said. Also I dont know if youve seen or done any testing but angle snapping wouldnt  hurt you in the situation your describing unless the guy you aiming at is really tiny and a very slight deviation in height of your last target. If angle snapping did what your describing they never would have implemented it. I can actually see how it could be helpful and why they thought it would be.

Deathadder, hands down. Went from Deathadder to Sensei and back to Deathadder 2013 edition. There is no other mouse that I can recommend more than this amazing piece of hardware.

Razer do make amazing mice.

they do once again for a while there I wouldnt touch them with a 10ft pole. I still wish the deathadder had one more button that I could program for DPI change.

But the Razer DA 2013 has two buttons on the side.

I need a lot of buttons for multiple things

For example my Taipan has two buttons on each side.

I use them for different things like to volume up or a button directly going to imgur.

And,

From review I've watched the G500s has more buttons than the Razer DA but can do "fine" on minecraft.

However, for FPSs I'm not sure if G500s is good.

All i play is FPS ;)

I use the SteelSeries Sensei. Awesome mouse.

A lot of options out there for ya. Just flip a coin and call it a night.

A lot of options out there for ya. Just flip a coin and call it a night.

lol

All i play is FPS ;)

You mean you play a lot of FPSs with the G500?