NAB 2015- Red Weapon Announced

Olivertheguy

The new Red Weapon has been announced, along with host of new modules and some new mini mags!!

Its still the 6K S35 Sensor from the Dragon but in a new, upgraded body. It starts at 35000USD for the body and 50000USD for the carbon fibre. Still now word on frame rates but we do know it will be able to record prores in 444XQ, 444, 422HQ, 422, 422LT for longer record times

And there is now an option for a 40.96mm x 21.6mm 8k (8192 x 4320) sensor upgrade option for 10000USD

Engadget Link

http://www.engadget.com/2015/04/13/red-8k-weapon-camera/

Red.com Link

http://www.red.com/store/new-releases

The release posts on Reduser.net

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?130606-Announcing-WEAPON-DRAGON-6k-Magnesium

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?130607-Announcing-Weapon-6K-Carbon-Fiber

http://www.reduser.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?77-NAB-2015

post-61462-0-20000800-1428917094.jpg

post-61462-0-42121700-1428917172.jpg

post-61462-0-30139500-1428917174.jpg

post-61462-0-85951900-1428917176.jpg

post-61462-0-66382800-1428917178.jpg

post-61462-0-82174700-1428917181.jpg

post-61462-0-55470900-1428917183.jpg

post-61462-0-69458900-1428917184.jpg

post-61462-0-70174600-1428917185.jpg

post-61462-0-09600300-1428917388.jpg

Aim high, hit low. - Oliver Guy (Me)

If you can't make it good, at least make it look good. - Bill Gates

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and im not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein

So... I want this but will never be able to afford one :( cries

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

So... I want this but will never be able to afford one :( cries

I getting mine. In 2055 when they are only 1000 used  :D

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and im not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein

I getting mine. In 2055 when they are only 1000 used  :D

When they are shit because we are filming in 800k with light field technology and they are 1cm in size

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

When they are shit because we are filming in 800k

But at least I will have it. Just 40 years late to the party.

Only $50,000 for a camera body :o , (lenses, view screen ,handles etc extra) hold me (and my credit card) back.

Can think of MUCH better things to spend $50,000 on.nod_20.png

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Only $50,000 for a camera body :o , (lenses, view screen ,handles etc extra) hold me (and my credit card) back.

Can think of MUCH better things to spend $50,000 on.nod_20.png

Its really more like 100k once you've added lenses, media, batteries.etc

Could get a house for 100k, lol

What the hell is it? A camera? A radar? A part stolen from the TARDIS?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

What the hell is it? A camera? A radar? A part stolen from the TARDIS?

All of the above

Good luck taking that with you to CES Marques...

"Sir, what do you have in your luggage?"

"Oh, it's my red weapon..."

The thing even looks like a bomb with the skull and big red button on it.

I wonder if anyone has actually preordered it since we don't even know the specs of it.

I wonder if anyone has actually preordered it since we don't even know the specs of it.

I've seen a few people on reduser saying they have pre-ordered it, personally I think the are insane, but if they have the income to support it and need to get in the line quickly, I guess it make sense

I can just see Marques on the order page deciding on weather to pay off student loans and buy a Tesla or pick up one of these kitted out. Because honestly you aren't just buying the body you are also getting the lenses and displays and SSDs to go with it.

Hi there. Move along, n0thing to see here.

How many people pre-ordered GTA V without knowing weather it would be a shitty port or not?

How many people pre-ordered GTA V without knowing weather it would be a shitty port or not?

valid point although this is more like preordering a house/car though

| --- My Stuff --- |

Computer: Apple Late-2008 Macbook Pro ; -Haguro- build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/296613-wip-project-haguro-x99-hackintosh-workstation/|

Mobile Devices: Apple 32GB 1st gen Ipad Mini ; Apple 16GB Iphone 5s ; Apple Ipod Classic 80Gb 5th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 120Gb 6th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 160Gb 7th Gen ; Apple Ipod Nano 16Gb 6th Gen 

You can't seriously compare preordering a game for 60 dollars, which has already been out for like a year or two on other systems, against a 50,000 dollar camera which we have next to no info about.

You can't seriously compare preordering a game for 60 dollars, which has already been out for like a year or two on other systems, against a 50,000 dollar camera which we have next to no info about.

You can if you are on LTT it seems

The thing looks like it can be a wmd easily. So awesome.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Yea good point but If you are wondering to spend most of the money that you have if you are in your teens living with you parents. That scenario is comparable to one where you wondering weather or not to spend most of your money on a camera that may or may not be good like how we didn't know weather or not GTA V will be a good game on PC.

when will 8k 60fps be mainstream tech?

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

Is that 15k extra for carbon fiber, thats fucking insane. Carbon is not that expensive. Even in high end mountain bikes a carbon version of something is not that much more than the alu version. And a carbon bike would be much more complicated than a carbon camera housing.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Is that 15k extra for carbon fiber, thats fucking insane. Carbon is not that expensive. Even in high end mountain bikes a carbon version of something is not that much more than the alu version. And a carbon bike would be much more complicated than a carbon camera housing.

Carbon fibre actually is expensive, contrary belief because everything can be had with carbon fibre these days.

The Weapon will also be made in smaller amounts, yet still needs its own molds and furnaces because thats what making CF of this grade requires. That not cheap at all. 

Also, the kind of person who can afford to buy a Weapon with CF likely doesn't give a shit. Let me correct that, the studio buying these wouldn't give a shit. Its a fancy option on a fancy camera that will never be in the hands of you or me because RED wouldn't even sell it to someone who has to complain about how expensive it is. 

A CF bike is not as layered nor is the weave as tight as some other products that have CF. That increases the cost to. Laying down a couple of sheets? Far cheaper than having to lay down the amount required for a camera housing that will go into a gigantic rig. 

Carbon fibre actually is expensive, contrary belief because everything can be had with carbon fibre these days.

The Weapon will also be made in smaller amounts, yet still needs its own molds and furnaces because thats what making CF of this grade requires. That not cheap at all. 

Also, the kind of person who can afford to buy a Weapon with CF likely doesn't give a shit. Let me correct that, the studio buying these wouldn't give a shit. Its a fancy option on a fancy camera that will never be in the hands of you or me because RED wouldn't even sell it to someone who has to complain about how expensive it is. 

A CF bike is not as layered nor is the weave as tight as some other products that have CF. That increases the cost to. Laying down a couple of sheets? Far cheaper than having to lay down the amount required for a camera housing that will go into a gigantic rig. 

I get that it is expensive but not 15k expensive. Why would a studio who may be buying several weapons drop an extra 15k per body for what, weight savings, heat resistance. What do you care about 200g less weight when that is probably only around -5% of the total weight of the rig. 15K for a small weight savings sounds like an irresponsible allocation of money.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.