Astro A40 Mic not working

oPiruz
Go to solution Solved by oPiruz,

I mvoed the USB from the back to the front of the PC and it works now, thanks astro xD

So the sound bar in recording tab, doesn't show any activity, I do have audio, and im running a splitter for green-pink into the MP3 hole in the back, help?

Do you have a MixAmp? Also, is the wire bent/chewed on (i'm guilty of this, so don't feel bad)/ or thin? 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

Do you have a MixAmp? Also, is the wire bent/chewed on (i'm guilty of this, so don't feel bad)/ or thin? 

I have the Mixamp PRO, all the wires look good and the mic seems secure inside the headset, and it is NOT set up with the optical because I did not have one, so I'm running it with the 3.35M cable with the splitter as stated. (If it fills anything in I just got it today)

If it helps any, sound is still coming through HD Speakers even though the "Audio Mixamp" thing is in playback

If you go to settings and hit listen to mic does that do anything?

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

If you go to settings and hit listen to mic does that do anything?

Nada, cant hear anything, if I check "listen to this device" or whatever that is also a nothing, I'm thinking it's the way its hooked up but Idk.

So the sound bar in recording tab, doesn't show any activity, I do have audio, and im running a splitter for green-pink into the MP3 hole in the back, help?

I remember when I had mine that the USB NEEDS to be connected to the PC. I got audio from my PC through the USB and plugged a 3.5 to 3.5 from the stream on the mixamp and plugged that into the microphone on my mobo. Then I plugged my tablet into the mp3 and xbox into the optical. Then I plugged my headphones into the headphone port and the 2.5 from my controller into the mic port, the one on the right of the headphone one.

Outcome: I can hear PC xbox and tablet's audio at same time. Also could use mic on xbox like normal and can record it at same time.

I trip to make the fall shorter

Also, I'm pretty sure mp3 is audio into the mixamp, and stream is mic out of the mixamp.

Also, I'm pretty sure mp3 is audio into the mixamp, and stream is mic out of the mixamp.

Astro assumes everybody have a optical audio thingy, so they dont show how to set it up, so i have no clue if i did the mixamp right. I have their cable which plugs into the splitter which then goes into the pink and green, and the cable plugs into the "MP3" hole, and the headset comes out of the front where the headset image is, what am I doing wrong?

I mvoed the USB from the back to the front of the PC and it works now, thanks astro xD

Omg I just remembered having the same problem, and also the USB not being long enough for the setup in my basement. I had my PC on the coffee table at a 45 degree angle and cables hanging everywhere.