Asus gtx670 direct cu II overclock

Jackbe

Hi, I am going to be building a PC soon with an asus gtx 670 NON top edition. I have heard that the non top edition is very overclockable, but that asus gpu tweak does not allow you to permanently overclock the card and that you have to edit the clock every time the system starts. What is the best software for permanently overclocking graphics cards? I'm interested in anyone's experiences with overclocking this card. Thanks.

Fractal Design Define S, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz, Noctua NH-D14, Asus Sabertooth Z77, EVGA 980Ti SC+, 4x8GB Corsair Vengence 1600MHz, EVGA P2 1000W, Creative sound blaster Z, 2xSamsung 850 120GB RAID 0, 2xWestern Digital Caviar Black 1TB Other stuffs: BenQ XL2411t, LG Flatron M2262D, Ducky Shine 3, Logitech G400s, Steelseries QCK Heavy, Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80ohm, Shure SE215, Blue Snowball

I've found for ease of use MSI Afterburner has got to be number one as it supports overvolting and both AMD and Nvidia cards.

Afterburner is less buggy and has great osd/keyboard lcd options/ groupings etc

99% of 600 series nvidia cards cannot be overvolted.

Here's my advice:

-use afterburner

-creat an overclock and save it to profile 1.

-restart the PC.

-check your gpu clocks. If the clocks still have the o/c then you're good to go

-if it didn't persist, select profile 1 each time you boot (afterburner starts with windows)

I can't remember if they retain them after restart, I know the overvoltage for 680 lightnings on AB 2.2.3 requires you to manually set the voltage offset with each boot.

Thanks guys, I have used afterburner before and it seems to be very good. Thanks for your responses. Does anyone have any experiences with this card?

Fractal Design Define S, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz, Noctua NH-D14, Asus Sabertooth Z77, EVGA 980Ti SC+, 4x8GB Corsair Vengence 1600MHz, EVGA P2 1000W, Creative sound blaster Z, 2xSamsung 850 120GB RAID 0, 2xWestern Digital Caviar Black 1TB Other stuffs: BenQ XL2411t, LG Flatron M2262D, Ducky Shine 3, Logitech G400s, Steelseries QCK Heavy, Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80ohm, Shure SE215, Blue Snowball