EVERYBODY I URGENTLY NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!SERIOUSLY!!!!!!

AraSarkisyan

Now I want to start off by saying you gauys are the most lovable awesome freaking dudes ever. 

Alright. 

So my family owns a vacation home in Palm Springs, Ca, where people go to do what they do best: relax. 

We get about 4 families a month during the summer renting this place out for about 5 days ea month average.

You may be thinking, wow that's nice, steady income. But like every business this has a downfall. People love to waste money that isn't theirs.

At that home we pay average 530 bucks a month on electricity (and yes, we got energy efficient EVERYTHING). Why? Because people love using electricity when they don't pay for it. One family left the pumps ,pool heater, and jacuzzi heater on overnight for 3 days and that cost around 400 bucks. And yes, once again, they were the most energy efficient heaters and pumps we could find. We already charge pool heating fees, and don't want to add on to them, because the market is very competitive.  

NOW LETS GET TO THE POINT, my dad wants to know if any sort of system exists where we could monitor the and control the homes appliances, lights, and other electrical systems. IF any such systems exist, please tell me about them.

PRICE IS NOT A FACTOR. ANY PRODUCT AT ANY PRICE, BUT PLEASE DO NOT LIST ONLY THE EXPENSIVE ONES. We would prefer the system to be as cheap as possible.  

Thank you for your time. (BTW this is not the only property we own, we also own many office buildings and would like to implement these systems on those properties as well)

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

PRICE IS NOT A FACTOR. ANY PRODUCT AT ANY PRICE, BUT PLEASE DO NOT LIST ONLY THE EXPENSIVE ONES. We would prefer the system to be as cheap as possible.  

I found a loophole in your OP.

I found a loophole in your OP.

I meant that price is not an issue, however the cheaper the better. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Don't some hotels have this sort of system implemented? I remember a Mr Bean episode from ages ago where you actually paid for the electricity that gets used, putting in a coin for x amount of hours... While that doesn't necessarily stop them draining power, it may serve as a deterrent if they have put in say a dollar every half day or so

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

I have seen this sort of stuff done with ardunos. This project would be the most affordable option but it would also be a project.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-Home-automation/

I love projects...

If i where you (or rather your dad), i would contact the electrician you usually use for work in and around your houses, he probably can help you much better then we can.

But yes, there are systems you can use, especially in the automated/smart home market.

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

If i where you (or rather your dad), i would contact the electrician you usually use for work in and around your houses, he probably can help you much better then we can.

But yes, there are systems you can use, especially in the automated/smart home market.

We are the electricians, my dad basically does all the work needed. He only trusts his work. 

Chinese hotels have a thing where all electricity and water system only works if you leave your room key in a slot. You could try implementing that? 

Automatic taps?

Equipment that turns themselves off after x minutes? 

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Oh boy, how easily I can relate...

You have no idea how frustrating it can get though........ohhh boy. 

This is the only thing I could find in Palm Springs that actually sounds like what you are looking for:

http://www.vivintsource.com/ca/north-palm-springs

There are several other companies in the Coachella valley that provide similar services however. Search "Home Automation" for more info. Good luck.

Now I want to start off by saying you gauys are the most lovable awesome freaking dudes ever. 

Alright. 

So my family owns a vacation home in Palm Springs, Ca, where people go to do what they do best: relax. 

We get about 4 families a month during the summer renting this place out for about 5 days ea month average.

You may be thinking, wow that's nice, steady income. But like every business this has a downfall. People love to waste money that isn't theirs.

At that home we pay average 530 bucks a month on electricity (and yes, we got energy efficient EVERYTHING). Why? Because people love using electricity when they don't pay for it. One family left the pumps ,pool heater, and jacuzzi heater on overnight for 3 days and that cost around 400 bucks. And yes, once again, they were the most energy efficient heaters and pumps we could find. We already charge pool heating fees, and don't want to add on to them, because the market is very competitive.  

NOW LETS GET TO THE POINT, my dad wants to know if any sort of system exists where we could monitor the and control the homes appliances, lights, and other electrical systems. IF any such systems exist, please tell me about them.

Thank you for your time. (BTW this is not the only property we own, we also own many office buildings and would like to implement these systems on those properties as well)

All the hotels I've ever been to have a timer for pool and jacuzzi heaters were it shuts off after 10 or 15 minutes.

There are definitely systems out there... I don't know the names though.

I would just reduce the rent and throw in a card meter, by the sounds of things that will save you money.

Key card's to activate the power, and when they leave they have to deliver all the cards. It's the hotel way to do it.

If it is as urgent and serious as the title implies, you need to ask an expert about this. Not the internet.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

The interwebz knows everything!

Why don't just say if you use more than X power you have to pay more? 
Would be the easiest i think

If it is as urgent and serious as the title implies, you need to ask an expert about this. Not the internet.

exactly.

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight