Acer Predator X34 34" Curved 3440x1440 75Hz Monitor w/ G-Sync available in August and for around £999!

For now, but what in the future? :P

TBH I kinda like the idea of a 21:9 surround (so technically a 27:21 :P) to play farther away, while being able to multi seat this in three screens / one computer when gf/broes are at home.

27:21....  there are some huge 4:3 TVs on ebay or somewhere, you might want to look into those. Will save you money.

ye, no gsync... but that CRT motion clarity tho

So......the burning all deciding question VESA compatible? If it does then holy hell im getting one, if not id rather just pick up 3 AOC gync monitors and run in surround.

Isn't 21:9 format bad for gaming?

depends on your liking. I love 21:9 since it is more imersive than 16:9 and for action rpg and mmo's is super cool. For fps it might be tiring to move your mouse across the screen fast, especially if you use low dpi settings 

21:9 imo is the best compromise between the UI scaling of 16:9, and the field of view of surround/eyefinity

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

Isn't 21:9 format bad for gaming?

Bad for gaming is relative. In a lot of games its actually better to be able to see more screen real estate. The question is if the UI and game itself will handle the FOV and scaling well. And that answer is for most games "ok but not great", i know linus has done a bunch of videos with 21:9 screens about how different games handled the UI stretching out and which ones were better than others.

All else fails you could just play games with black bars if it really bothers you... but then why bother to spend thousands on a fancy screen?

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

It's the monitor linus always wanted lol

CPU: Intel 5930K - GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti SSCMotherboard: Asus X-99 PRO/USB 3.1 - RAM: 32GB HyperX Savage @ 2800mhz CL14  Case: Phtanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass - Cooling: Corsair H100i V2 / Fractal Design Venturi Fans Storage: PNY XLR8 120 GB SSD (OS) + Seagate 2TB HDD (Games)

This is incredibly disappointing.

BUT there is still hope... as there are rumors of 35" VA versions which will actually be 1440p and 144hz.

Read the posts on this page:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18650953&page=4

Better to just wait and see if thats not bullshit either. But i like to think it isnt... because why otherwise would Acer mention "144hz" AT ALL in their original announcement in January when they said they have a bunch of big 21:9`s coming.

But 1k $/eur if the IPS one is 60, maybe 75hz?... ye, go suck a dead dick Acer.

I read that 35" VA rumor, really hope that they make that, altough the price will be outrageous since this one will be 1000 €/$ .

Indeed very bad, if true. But I thought, this would be an AHVA panel? Either way, LG just announced a 144hz capable IPS panel, so maybe not all is lost?

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Indeed very bad, if true. But I thought, this would be an AHVA panel? Either way, LG just announced a 144hz capable IPS panel, so maybe not all is lost?

link for lg monitor? ultra wide curved g-sync?

link for lg monitor? ultra wide curved g-sync?

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/33.htm#lg.display_panels

27" 1080p it seems. But that could change fast, once they get the production under control.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Seems like there will also be a Freesync version with 75hz.

How about the minimum refresh rate? Any news on this?

Cheers!

Dont think I will ever be getting an ultrawide, but this looks really sweet

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

That's both awesome and awful.

Con : not 144hz
Pro : we soon to get it, we won't need a 2-way SLI or 3-way of titan X to reach 144hz.

CPU : i5 4570 MB : MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate (MS-7850) RAM : Kingston 4x4 1600 GPU : Radeon HD 6670 SSD : samsung 840 PRO PSU : Corsair CX500

*heavy breathing* I want to have its baby.....so glad I waited to get a gsync monitor cause this one is PERFECT! Too bad it's not 144hz but it'll be a while for any video card to get a 4k's fps up that high... but I guess with DX12 having such big performance boosts, it might not be as impossible as once thought. Maybe when this one is released they'll announce the 144hz model.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update with monitor name change:

Predator X34 Monitor
The 34-inch curved 21:9 ultra-wide Predator X34 monitor (formally known as the XR341CKA) is the world’s first curved monitor with NVIDIA® G-SYNC™, providing an immersive gaming experience with minimal stutters and screen tears. It features DTS® sound, 2x7W speakers, a zero-frame design with a futuristic aluminum base and ambient lighting options create an exciting entertainment experience with style. The Predator X34’s UltraWide QHD (3440 x 1440) IPS panel has a 178-degree viewing angle, and also features flicker-less technology to lessen eye fatigue for a more comfortable gaming or working experience. 

Source: http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/press/2015/158104

pff no release date or pricing yet  .....  at least it is a 3440x1440p 

I dont see any reason for me to purchase an ultrawide display. I dont play racing games. 

I dont see any reason for me to purchase an ultrawide display. I dont play racing games. 

You get more out of it in 1st person shooters, but also third person, works really well. Isometric games, as well seems to benefit. So 21:9 really is a brilliant aspect ratio for gaming.

• 1 month later...

So, this is called x34 now and has 3440x1440 IPS @ 100hz with gsync (according to computex interviews of Acer)

This is good, very good. As 100hz is good enough to not want 144hz.

Now the only thing to wait for is the price... and if its too mental, then we wait for the competition.

But spec wise this is the no-compromise perfect monitor of ... probably the next 5 years (until OLED basically).

So, this is called x34 now and has 3440x1440 IPS @ 100hz with gsync (according to computex interviews of Acer)

This is good, very good. As 100hz is good enough to not want 144hz.

Now the only thing to wait for is the price... and if its too mental, then we wait for the competition.

But spec wise this is the no-compromise perfect monitor of ... probably the next 5 years (until OLED basically).

100hz? Sweet!

That's more than enough, considering the resolution is almost 4k.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

-Snip

Seriously dude, could you stop necroing this thread for NO reason what-so-ever?!

It's the 2nd or 3rd time you've necroed this thread with absolutly NOTHING new to add, no new information, nothing, why do you keep doing it?

Can we get a mod to close this thread or something, it's over half a year old.

This thread is 6 months old. Please don't revive threads, particularly in this subforum.

If you want to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the relevant subforum.

Locked.

HTTP/2 203